Texas Instruments xHCI USB 3.0.....

hogfan

1 post in this topic

I have been living with a single USB port (USB 2.0) on OSX Yosemite for the past year.  I spend most of my time in my Linux Mint installation so it's not a huge deal.  However, I just upgraded my Yosemite installation to El Capitan and am working to get drivers working again.  Everything else I don't expect to be an issue, however, I never had any luck before with the USB 3.0 controller on this board as it's made by Texas Instruments.  Seems like all kext out there only work on Intel USB 3.0 controllers.  Anybody had any luck getting USB 3.0 working on a Texas Instruments controller?  I understand drivers are limited to what the community develops, but USB 3.0 seems to be a problem for those that don't have an Intel USB 3.0 controller.  USB 2.0 works fine.  I'm using a Dell XPS 14Z (L412Z) laptop.  I can get my Broadcom Bluetooth working but on Yosemite it always died after the computer went into sleep.  I did some troubleshooting with Rehabman's help back then and we determined it was related to the USB controller somehow.