[AMD] macOS 10.12.x (Sierra) Kernel Testing & Release (for help use the Help Topic)

Mr. Xtreme

788 posts in this topic

10.12.6 kernel with latest sources. For FX/APU/Athlon with SSE4.1 No Ryzen support I'm afraid as Bronya won't assist. This is my minimal source with only the essential edits to run on AMD.

Thanks for the new kernel, I'll try it soon.

Does it work with original system.kext or required replacements from previous versions?

10.12.6 kernel with latest sources. For FX/APU/Athlon with SSE4.1 No Ryzen support I'm afraid as Bronya won't assist. This is my minimal source with only the essential edits to run on AMD.

Thanks for this new kernel which works at 10.12.6 in my FX-6300 hackintosh.

But it will reboot instantly if try to wake-up from S3 sleep !

FX-6300.txt

I'm getting this, followed by black screens after trying to use Shaneee's new kernel.

busy timeout [0], (60s), kextd wait(0): 'AppleACPICPU'

This system worked before with Shanee's older kernels, and I see it working with a FX-8350 above, have I configured something wrong?

I'm getting this, followed by black screens after trying to use Shaneee's new kernel.

This system worked before with Shanee's older kernels, and I see it working with a FX-8350 above, have I configured something wrong?

https://prnt.sc/gisvs1

Same issue !

It get stuck at the last line for few minutes (see above image)

Then suddenly the screen goes blank (shows no signal on screen)

the same bug as above with this kernel

clover 4200 stucks on error

enoch 2900 doesn't stuck only with -f in boot args

maybe the problem is again with lilu and nvidiagraphicsfixup, I'll check tomorrow

Don't know if this is the most correct thread for this question, but still.
Athlon x4 760k, Clover 2.4-4184, OS X 10.12.6 installer.
I get error 0x7 on prelinkedkernel loading, kextcache was built using Shanee kernel (24th august version) and original 10.12.6 BaseSystem S/L/E with latest System.kext. All permissions are correct.
What should i do?

Additional info about latest Shaneee kernel 10.12.6 for FX and APU with SSE4,1

I can boot it only with enoch 2900 and only with -f in boot arguments.

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, AppleTyMCEDriver.kext and pmtelemetry.kext removed from /S/L/E

Some kexts replaced by latest Carlo_67 USB fix (related to usb and system.kext)
But if the system boots and doesn't stuck with AppleACPICPU timeout, I see no problem in it work for now.

Shaneees latest 10.12.6 Kernel is running like a dream. No hiccups at all. Much appreciated for all your hard work! Thank you 

Can you tell about usb fix you use for it and about kexts in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.12 and /S/L/E?

Additional info about latest Shaneee kernel 10.12.6 for FX and APU with SSE4,1

I can boot it only with enoch 2900 and only with -f in boot arguments.

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, AppleTyMCEDriver.kext and pmtelemetry.kext removed from /S/L/E

Some kexts replaced by latest Carlo_67 USB fix (related to usb and system.kext)

But if the system boots and doesn't stuck with AppleACPICPU timeout, I see no problem in it work for now.

Can you tell about usb fix you use for it and about kexts in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.12 and /S/L/E?

Sure. Ill link a copy of my clover folder. I use the El Capitan USB fix3 for my board. Seems to be the only one that will work properly for me. I the USB fix goes in S/L/E. If you need more help just let me know.  

CLOVER.zip

USB-Fix_El_Capitan_V3.zip

• Like 2

Sure. Ill link a copy of my clover folder. I use the El Capitan USB fix3 for my board. Seems to be the only one that will work properly for me. I the USB fix goes in S/L/E. If you need more help just let me know.  

That's strange, but your variant doesn't work for me (looks like that problem is common for amd 970 chipset and NVidia graphics).

So I just rolled back to 10.12.4_test1 kernel from Shaneee and 10.12.6 boots well with both clover and enoch.

I still want to know how to get 10.12 system running with only patched kernel, but my skills in DSDT/SSDT is poor for that trick (our amd DSDT is very different from Intel).

• Like 1

No, that is not correct.

use the last USB-FIX package, it works almost for every MacOS version without changes to the macOS system drivers.

Method:

use an unchanged S/L/Extensions folder then add the contents of the package to the Extensions folder, repair the permissions and generate a new Prelinked kernel, then restart the system.

USB-FIX and other drivers.zip

• Like 1

No, that is not correct.

use the last USB-FIX package, it works almost for every MacOS version without changes to the macOS system drivers.

Method:

use an unchanged S/L/Extensions folder then add the contents of the package to the Extensions folder, repair the permissions and generate a new Prelinked kernel, then restart the system.

The only bug in this files for /S/L/E/ - wrong USB routing: all USB2.0 ports routed to USB1.0 and 1.1 and it's not good if you have not enough USB3.0 ports (in this ports USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 devices routing is correct).

Can you check and tell what's wrong?

Also, I have 4 UHC and 3 EHC on my board (in DPCI Manager I can see 3 EHCI controllers and 4 OHCI controllers), but in DummyUSBEHCIPCI.kext I can see only EHC1 kext for MacPro6,1. Do I need to edit Info.plist according to my ?

Ive noticed one issue when using this kernel. I can not get clover to load kext injection. Im guessing fakesmc is loaded in the kernel cache. I have clear all prelinked kernel and caches etc. Rebuilt multiple times, even tried First aid. Nothing has seemed to work. I tried moving fake smc to clover/kexts/10.12 which has led to a no boot scenario. But if i switch back to your 10.12.4 kernel and system kext all goes back to normal. Clover injection works fine. Am i missing something? Any help is most appreciated..

Ive noticed one issue when using this kernel. I can not get clover to load kext injection. Im guessing fakesmc is loaded in the kernel cache. I have clear all prelinked kernel and caches etc. Rebuilt multiple times, even tried First aid. Nothing has seemed to work. I tried moving fake smc to clover/kexts/10.12 which has led to a no boot scenario. But if i switch back to your 10.12.4 kernel and system kext all goes back to normal. Clover injection works fine. Am i missing something? Any help is most appreciated..

1) update clover to latest version

2) look at System Parameters for Inject kexts and set YES

<key>SystemParameters</key>
	<dict>
		<key>InjectKexts</key>
		<string>YES</string>
	</dict>

But I'm not sure about clover working correct with amd (developers don't care about our platform due to big difference in everything).

1) update clover to latest version

2) look at System Parameters for Inject kexts and set YES

<key>SystemParameters</key>
	<dict>
		<key>InjectKexts</key>
		<string>YES</string>
	</dict>
But I'm not sure about clover working correct with amd (developers don't care about our platform due to big difference in everything).
Yeah Im on the latest r4200 and have injection set to yes. But still it only works with the original kernel 10.12.4. I think it has to do with fakesmc being loaded in the kernel cache. But I may be incorrect.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Yeah Im on the latest r4200 and have injection set to yes. But still it only works with the original kernel 10.12.4. I think it has to do with fakesmc being loaded in the kernel cache. But I may be incorrect.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

there're 2 branches of FakeSMC.kext

1) from HWSensors by kozlek (versions 6.1.xxxx)

2) from slice (version 3.4.x)

Test kext injection for both variants and use latest versions from both branches.