[AMD] macOS 10.12.x (Sierra) Kernel Testing & Release (for help use the Help Topic)

Mr. Xtreme

788 posts in this topic

i`ve finished the installation, but system wont boot. user opcode error.

i`ll try your kernel now @shaneee

Did you remove the problematic Extensions from S/L/E? If not then do 

"opcode error"

It has a lot to do with incompatible drivers

Edited by spakk

Yes !

i`m booting with    CsrActiveConfig

is that right?

yes this is correct

Congrats for getting a kernel able to boot the installer so soon. You guys rock. Soon you'll be able to boot the actual OS, I'm certain.

O.T.: don't you find a little surprising, even shocking, that it can run on ARM? I do. That can signal an iPad Pro running macOS in the future, but also Apple experimenting with ARM processors for Macs, probably the ultraportable MacBook.

• Like 5

It remains the error: "AMFI...." and "invalid user opcode..."

The "AMFI: allowing for exception handler 'logd'..." what does it mean?

Hi guys, i've tested those kernels too and i have the same errors,Spakk  i used the vanilla usb kexts so it's not the usbfix,i got the invalid user opcode and logd crashed too many corpses.I don't know if you can disable kernel logging on boot or if this is the cause of the invalid opcode.AMFI=AppleMobileFileIntegrity.kext and the daemon is  /usr/libexec/amfid It's a security policy that will not allow jailbroken IOS devices to connect to OSX it's there since yosemite but i don't know what this has to do with the kernel.

• Like 1

Hi guys, i've tested those kernels too and i have the same errors,Spakk  i used the vanilla usb kexts so it's not the usbfix,i got the invalid user opcode and logd crashed too many corpses.I don't know if you can disable kernel logging on boot or if this is the cause of the invalid opcode.AMFI=AppleMobileFileIntegrity.kext and the daemon is  /usr/libexec/amfid It's a security policy that will not allow jailbroken IOS devices to connect to OSX it's there since yosemite but i don't know what this has to do with the kernel.

I have built a few kernels. I will test this at my system, if this works, so I will upload

Edit:
I just want to make sure I do not want to upload half-finished kernels, please a little patience
Edited by spakk
  • Like 1

my last kernel that have just built, I get no problems with opemu.
I check on my hackintosh and will report :)

My installer makes problems

here are 5 test kernels without guarantee on functionality

Attached Files

Phenom.zip   3.97MB  
FX3.zip   4.07MB     
FX2.zip   3.97MB   
FX1.zip   3.97MB     
FX.zip   2.89MB  
  • Like 2

Also I notice that some users are getting opcodeemu errors on their system.

In particular the instruction are "pextrd" and "pextrq", belonging to SSE41.
So it might be necessary nowadays to add SSE41 to the opemu, not sure why that was removed

• Like 1

0f 0b is the invalid opcode "ud2," clearly the OS was built with clang.

Sinetek,
The compiler gives me a warning:
 Unable to locate /Volumes/OSX_10-11-4_El_Capitan/XCODE_8.1/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.12.sdk/usr/local/libexec/availability.pl (or not executable)

this makes me thoughtful

Sinetek,
The compiler gives me a warning:
 Unable to locate /Volumes/OSX_10-11-4_El_Capitan/XCODE_8.1/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.12.sdk/usr/local/libexec/availability.pl (or not executable)

this makes me thoughtful

No big deal I think.

Also I notice that some users are getting opcodeemu errors on their system.

In particular the instruction are "pextrd" and "pextrq", belonging to SSE41.

So it might be necessary nowadays to add SSE41 to the opemu, not sure why that was removed

The opcode was changed by andy, bronya and tora chi, I can not tell you what the exact reasons were ..

I found your source,  :) I build a new kernel
  • Like 1

Congrats for getting a kernel able to boot the installer so soon. You guys rock. Soon you'll be able to boot the actual OS, I'm certain.

O.T.: don't you find a little surprising, even shocking, that it can run on ARM? I do. That can signal an iPad Pro running macOS in the future, but also Apple experimenting with ARM processors for Macs, probably the ultraportable MacBook.

Man, a iPad Pro with macOS... my brother always said that same thing, that a iPro with the full OS would be the {censored}, and a seeerious competition to the currently unbeatable Surface

• Like 1