[AMD] macOS 10.12.x (Sierra) Kernel Testing & Release (for help use the Help Topic)

Mr. Xtreme

788 posts in this topic

hello jsl i see on your signature you have the same motherboard as i do and suffer from colour problem and i dont so can it be the graphics card or just the fact i had to put iMAC 14.2 and it went away

can you try using a smbios signature that as a ATI in it? and see if it works

There are 3 AMD/ATI 5770 cards in my two Intel and one AMD FX-6300 hackintoshs.

All were using iMac 14.2 smbios and only FX-6300 hackintosh had the color flickering issue which need fixation by SwitchResX.

After update to 10.12.5(16F54b) it also need colors=32 in my boot.org.chameleon.Boot.plist to prevent this colors flickering again in addition to previous fix by SwitchResX.

In 10.12.4 or 10.12.5 beta 1 only using SwitchResX  is enough to fix it.

So my judgement is that colors flickering issue was caused by newer OS after 10.12.4 which may occur in some AMD or Intel hackintoshs only.

post-70188-0-54927300-1492244861_thumb.png

post-70188-0-03739400-1492244871_thumb.png

• Like 3

Вот запуск установщика 10.12.4 с клевером на apu и ванильный интеловским ядром !

This installer 10.12.4 on apu with clover efi & vanilla intel kernel !

So you booted a Sierra Installer on an AMD APU  with a Vanilla kernel and Clover ? did you spoof your CPU in Clover ? 

Wanna share how u did it ?

Did i miss something ? 

• Like 1

Here's the System kext. You must repair the permissions after installing this then rebuild the prelinkedkernel or you won't be able to boot. The kext isn't a requirement but it does dismiss the missing symbol errors.

thank you so much for that and the kernel it works perfectly on my system i will try to learn how to rebuild the prelinked kernel never compiled anything for mac really

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Вот запуск установщика 10.12.4 с клевером на apu и ванильный интеловским ядром !

а не подскажешь как это удалось хотя бы в лс?

How you did it??

I suppose, this is a binary patch the kernel in the config of clover in the section KernelToPatch by analogy with the binary patch kernel for pentium/celeron processors.

But but what values  Find and replace ??

I suppose, this is a binary patch the kernel in the config of clover in the section KernelToPatch by analogy with the binary patch kernel for pentium/celeron processors.

But but what values  Find and replace ??

Yes, that is my guess, too. but he does not answer to our question ^_^

Yes, that is my guess, too. but he does not answer to our question ^_^

I think, that find hex bytes in the kernel for cpu support - it is find and replace bytes for amd cpu support.

Sorry for my English. It will be great if you correct my mistakes

I think, that find hex bytes in the kernel for cpu support - it is find and replace bytes for amd cpu support.

Sorry for my English. It will be great if you correct my mistakes

I understand you very well but as long as he does not publish any proof of his theory, here on this website or on his website. Is that what he wrote remains, unfortunately, only a non-proved statement.

TfVdnl2.png

:thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for the Shaneee kernel and others hackintosh users for the information...

I was able to run an Asus RX480 Strix Gaming 8GB with full acceleration using Clover / Enoch and modified kexts.

But this was only possible after reading many forums about the RX480.

I ended up confirming the info that it works with acceleration only on the second pci-e 4x slot.

So I had to put another card in the PCI-16x slot (HD5450) because I did not have an IGFX on my motherboard.

I still need to increase the processing units of the GPU.

I still have problems with the 2 ATI video cards without acceleration with some icons that are destroyed. It's just that they had it in El Capitan, but I'm having it in the Sierra and I do not know why.

It would be very important if it was possible to change the kernel to make it work in the primary slot without a secondary card because I am using 2 monitors.

They tell us in the forums that the RX480's driver crashes if they put it as primary and because of that it never works in that slot. But I do not know if this is good for all motherboards.

Sorry my bad english. 

• Like 1

I'm happy to join the Sierra amd club 

i just installed Shaneee kernel on a fresh 10.2.5 Sierra on a fuc@#! apu

ill do further testing and report

It didn't work? What was the issue?

Can

Can we use your 10.12.4 system.kext with the 10.12.5 update to fix the symbol error while repairing/clearing caches?

Simple answer, use always the appropriate system.kext which was built with the kernel.

then no boot error loops will occur, regardless which update version you have installed

Edit:

That means yes !

replace the System.kext from Shane's kernel package against the current System.kext from Update 10.12.5

• Like 1

Simple answer, use always the appropriate system.kext which was built with the kernel.

then no boot error loops will occur, regardless which update version you have installed

Edit:

That means yes !

replace the System.kext from Shane's kernel package against the current System.kext from Update 10.12.5

Will do. Thanks for the heads up :)

can you guys add this fix to kernel (kdp_udp.c)?

inline static void kdp_send_data(void *packet, unsigned int len)
{
   // wait_for_link();
    (*kdp_en_send_pkt)(packet, len);
}

inline static void kdp_receive_data(void *packet, unsigned int *len,
                                    unsigned int timeout)
{
   // wait_for_link();
    (*kdp_en_recv_pkt)(packet, len, timeout);
}

it helps a lot while debugging in xcode (less ethernet hangs)

I've tested shaneee latest (test2) but I'm getting opemu trap errors

todo further checks ill need a kernel/system.kext (release version) + kernel.dSYM + link to source code

atm I haven't download Xcode 8 - my system is unstable with this kernel but I can debug it on another machine with Xcode 7

can you guys add this fix to kernel (kdp_udp.c)?

inline static void kdp_send_data(void *packet, unsigned int len)
{
   // wait_for_link();
    (*kdp_en_send_pkt)(packet, len);
}

inline static void kdp_receive_data(void *packet, unsigned int *len,
                                    unsigned int timeout)
{
   // wait_for_link();
    (*kdp_en_recv_pkt)(packet, len, timeout);
}

it helps a lot while debugging in xcode (less ethernet hangs)

I've tested shaneee latest (test2) but I'm getting opemu trap errors

todo further checks ill need a kernel/system.kext (release version) + kernel.dSYM + link to source code

atm I haven't download Xcode 8 - my system is unstable with this kernel but I can debug it on another machine with Xcode 7

I'll add that once the 10.12.5 sources are out.

To sort that just build the prelinkedkernel to the kernel.

SPAKK to see if the sse4 emulation works you can create a special kernel just for intel cpus without sse4 and test on them, and then when you have a working kernel you can try to add amd support using the exact same system used to get macOS working on amd cpus with sse4

Me too, I have an Intel Pentium E5300 that doesn´t support SSE4.1 but I can´t upgrade the CPU, E5300 is the maximum that support board. I can test any kernel to emulate SSE4.1 from SSSE3 or SSE3.

• 2 weeks later...

I've build this kernel for debugging purposes 

xnu-3789.51.2 tested on 10.12.5

attached the dsym (use if doing remote debug - get the Kernel_Debug_Kit_10.12.4_build_16E195)

copy kernel to S/L/K

copy system.kext to S/L/E

open terminal and type 

kextcache -invalidate /

clover extra settings:

boot: -v slide=0 keepsyms=1 pmuflags=1 debug=0x144 kdp_match_name=en0 kcsuffix=debug

BooterConfig: 0x28

CsrActiveConfig: 0x77

Notes

- This kernel is based on Shanee patch and is made for ppl who can use http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312254-realtek-ethernet-panic-debug-driver-using-xcode-ui/

source refs:

https://github.com/NextBSD/NextBSD

https://github.com/torvalds/linux

https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd

- U need a SSE4.1 machine to run the kernel. I dont recomend to use it unless you wanna debug a driver or the kernel itself

Todo

- ack timeouts in kdp

Fixed - v2

- kextd random timeouts

System.kext.zip

kernel.zip

kernel.dSYM.zip

• Like 5