[AMD] macOS 10.12.x (Sierra) Kernel Testing & Release (for help use the Help Topic)

Mr. Xtreme

788 posts in this topic

It's just the first amd hackintosh successfully started with sierra 10.12. Please create a new thread special for vmware. The fact is, the kernels will also should work under vmware.

please do not mix here VMware questions with real install on hackintosh, thx

Hi and thanks for responding.  Sorry, but I don't understand how to create a new forum topic on this site as there's no such button/link anywhere to do that anywhere, at least not when I'm logged in.  Could you please create a new thread yourself and I'll join in on there? Basically, we need a thread that explains step by step how to install Sierra on vmware for people with AMD CPU's.  Since it's very tightly related to this current thread, we could also provide a link from here to there, what do you think? :)

Please check both kernels and give a report

(Based on Opcode from Sinetek, without SSEPlus)

Edit:

And now I'm going to build two other kernels with SSEPlus.

done, see appendix

* write a message, if the kernel does not work or other problems should occur, plz

For FX-6300 hackintosh at 10.12.1 & booted by Enoch r2839:

(1) kernel_fx: waiting for root device

(2) kernel_fx with SSEPlus: KP after VM Swap Subsystem is On (if booted by Clover, it got automatic shutdown)

For Phenom X4 9850 & booted by Enoch r2839:

(1) kernel_older cpu: KP after VM SWAP system

(2) kernel_older cpu with SSEPlus: KP after VM Swap Subsystem is On due to invalid opemu or opcode ?

(3) if booted by Clover always got the same errors as at 10.11.x reported by Shaneee

Edited by jsl
  • Like 1

For those who've managed to get to the installer. Can you see if this does the same please.

Edit: Spakk's USB Fix is here, http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/521-usb-fix-for-el-capitan/

I would not install the "USB-Fix-V2 for El Capitan" for the first boot. Since these are a collection from Yosemite and El Capitan. We should first check the running capacity of sierra on amd, and if necessary make adjustments if USB problems should occur.
It is important to remove all problimatic extensions, as already described, the ===> pmtelemetry.kext (caused problems !), AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext (makes kernel Panic!) and AppleTyMCEDriver.kext (makes MSR Error !) and use USB 3.0 GenericUSBXHCI.kext (current vers.) . The current FakeSMC as well as the VoodooPS2Controller, VoodooTSCSyncAMD, NullCPUPowerManagement and a patched AppleRTC

a user from a German-speaking forum has written me that the Shiki.kext should also be installed.?? ... If necessary, do not leave this driver out of consideration
  • Like 1

now I will make a clone of my running sierra partition, from my real mac and try to experiment at my hackintosh. I hope then to give a positive feedback.

• Like 1

Hi !

Try this BETA kernel for all cpus ! 

Download ->> attachicon.gifMac_OSX_Sierra_All_AMD_10.12_BETA.zip

I don't know why this kernel got the similar invalid kernel opcode (64-bit) as the others for Phenom X4 9850 hackintosh at 10.12.1 & 10.12GM.

For FX-6300 at 10.12.1 and 10.12GM both got automatic shutdown after VM Swap Subsystem is On.

Solved by replaced FakeSMC.kext to v.6.21.1412 and only working at 10.12GM(16A322) not at 10.12.1 yet !

Edited by jsl

Hi !

Try this BETA kernel for all cpus ! 

Download ->> attachicon.gifMac_OSX_Sierra_All_AMD_10.12_BETA.zip

kernel booted to Desktop with no issues :) and NO green icon bug too :) tested it both with Clover and enoch.Some things are not working like Siri (It can't switch to mic mode.I used ALC662v2 kext from Capitan I have sound and mic is tested ok but maybe I need an update) I can't switch keyboard type or function keys shortcuts (voodooPS2 1.8.24) but Kernel is beta as you said :) Used USB fix V3 and in fact I have info now about my USB3 ports (ApppleUSBXHCIPCI) on system information :) Safari with flash player works App Store works Sleep works :) Excellent Kernel for BETA.

iMAC 14.2

DSDT from Capitan (No changes)

USB Fix V3

Latest FakeSMC (1412)

VoodooPstate 1.0.3

Thank you Bronya GREAT Job as always.

• Like 5