Clover on real mac

Jief_Machak

132 posts in this topic

Hello Jief ! No, I did not create a dedicated partition! I used the Clover program installer! Installs it on the Yosemite disc EFI partition! I've taken all the shots from the first configurator screen having an original Mac, except that to invoke Nvidia's installed drivers, but nothing, so I set the bios that emulates the Mac pro3.1 but where I can assign the original values ​​of the machine, I tried to check out the direct upload of Nvidia web drivers but nothing! I do not see the clover GUI! Load directly the operating system!

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry if this was covered but I cant seem to figure this out. Are you able to get clover to load from the actual mac hard drive instead of having to do a USB boot every time? I have an old Mac Pro 2008 that has issues connecting to app store and messages services. When I boot with the clover USB I spoof serial number and model, which enables those features to work properly. So now I want to have it as streamlined as possible running from the hard drive. When I install clover to the hard drive nothing shows up in the EFI partition, it shows up in the main hard drive. I tried adding my config etc there but the machine does not boot into the clover bootloader. Any direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

@moshom : I never tried to install it to an hfs partition. I think you may need and hfs efi driver. If you install to the main hfs partition, nothing shows in EFI partition. That's ok. I install clover on dedicated FAT32 partition and nothing shows up in EFI partition.

@ellaosx : I think the boot file is always EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.efi and can't be specified.

• 9 months later...
On 7/9/2016 at 9:32 AM, Download-Fritz said:

I don't know if that EFI version supports GOP... if it does, it could be easy as removing the AppleGraphicsPolicy protocols when installed. Get a dump of your ROM (either from Apple website or via a flash tool) and search for GOP's GUID with UEFITool, then we'll know. ;)

I realize this is an old thread, but it is currently very important one as Apple decided that with Mojave you need a metal supporting card. The problem is that none of the new metal supporting cards have EFI's in their ROM's thus no boot screen. So I have dumped my current ROM from my cMP5.1. What is the GUID for the GOP?