VoodooHDA on Sierra

strelok1911

16 posts in this topic

Did anyone get VoodooHDA to work with Sierra? I don't want to use a patched AppleHDA or other stuff like that. I like VoodooHDA because I can drop it in to Clover extension folder and it just works.

On Sierra, VoodooHDA loads, but only shows HDMI audio as output and no inputs.

• 1 month later...

Did anyone get VoodooHDA to work with Sierra? I don't want to use a patched AppleHDA or other stuff like that. I like VoodooHDA because I can drop it in to Clover extension folder and it just works.

On Sierra, VoodooHDA loads, but only shows HDMI audio as output and no inputs.

VoodooHDA works in Sierra without problems.

• 2 months later...

VoodooHDA works in Sierra without problems.

I have both kexts namely AppleHDADisabler.kext and VoodooHDA.kext at location EFI/Clover/kexts/Others and I get below error message while booting up:-

kext org.voodoo.driver.voodooHDA - library kext com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily not found.
Can't load kext org.voodoo.driver.voodooHDA - failed to resolve library dependencies.

Device ids as stated by DPCImanager are -

Audio Device, Sub Device
0x80861C20 , 0x102804B0
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Voodoo works great up to when the machine goes to sleep then upon waking audio is lost. Got to reboot to get sound back. Anyone know of any fixes?

Maybe AppleALC?

Thanks

I am struggling as well with audio on a GA Z170-Gaming K3 mobo which uses the Realtek 1150 codec. I rename HDAS to HDEF with

SSDT injection. but to no avail. Am fed up struggling with AppleHDA and have been trying to install VoodooHDA however I lack the

knowledge to get it right. I need a write up as to what I need, where to get the stuff from and how to set it up. Without that I am lost.

Slice and many others claim VoodooHDA is working on Sierra sysdef 17.1 but such statements don't get me closer to getting something

that is obviously good, to work by myself, so please somebody knowlegable help me. The furthest I have gotten with VoodooHDA is a

message that says "no HDA device detected." at that stage AppleHDA was already removed from my system S/L/E. VoodooHDA is now my only hope it seems.

I am struggling as well with audio on a GA Z170-Gaming K3 mobo which uses the Realtek 1150 codec. I rename HDAS to HDEF with

SSDT injection. but to no avail. Am fed up struggling with AppleHDA and have been trying to install VoodooHDA however I lack the

knowledge to get it right. I need a write up as to what I need, where to get the stuff from and how to set it up. Without that I am lost.

Slice and many others claim VoodooHDA is working on Sierra sysdef 17.1 but such statements don't get me closer to getting something

that is obviously good, to work by myself, so please somebody knowlegable help me. The furthest I have gotten with VoodooHDA is a

message that says "no HDA device detected." at that stage AppleHDA was already removed from my system S/L/E. VoodooHDA is now my only hope it seems.

Well I fixed my sleep wake audio loss issue by installing AppleAlc. You'll need a properly formatted Dsdt Hdef section. Also need to know the correct inject number for Clover. Here's a guide:

https://m.reddit.com/r/hackintosh/comments/4e23w6/guide_native_audio_with_clover_applealckext/?compact=true

I'm so glad I switched from Voodoo. Less distortion too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I fixed my sleep wake audio loss issue by installing AppleAlc. You'll need a properly formatted Dsdt Hdef section. Also need to know the correct inject number for Clover. Here's a guide:

https://m.reddit.com/r/hackintosh/comments/4e23w6/guide_native_audio_with_clover_applealckext/?compact=true

I'm so glad I switched from Voodoo. Less distortion too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. I am impressed, will try and work through that guide and see how far I can get. Hoping I can "push your button for help" should I get stuck, which is most likely. :-)

Feedback

I walked through that excellent guide and encounter problems with renaming HDAS to HDEF, the data values

did not work for me, instead used "SERBUw==" and "SERFRg==" respectively in their place to make it work.

My energy monitor now sports some interesting and additional setting ticks, not living ones thou. :-)

My Sierra Skylake rig now sleeps and wakes up, however on wake-up, sound is dead, need to shutdown

and cold reboot to get it back. This seems to be a problem that a number of Skylake Z170 mobo Sierra opsys

users encounter. Also not sure whether rig will wake up after longer terms sleep, that was also a problem before this

ALC patch. At least AppleHDA is now stock standard and should at least survive future Apple updates to it.

Would appreciate if you could also assist with loss of sound during sleep.

Keep well

Thank you. I am impressed, will try and work through that guide and see how far I can get. Hoping I can "push your button for help" should I get stuck, which is most likely. :-)

Feedback

I walked through that excellent guide and encounter problems with renaming HDAS to HDEF, the data values

did not work for me, instead used "SERBUw==" and "SERFRg==" respectively in their place to make it work.

My energy monitor now sports some interesting and additional setting ticks, not living ones thou. :-)

My Sierra Skylake rig now sleeps and wakes up, however on wake-up, sound is dead, need to shutdown

and cold reboot to get it back. This seems to be a problem that a number of Skylake Z170 mobo Sierra opsys

users encounter. Also not sure whether rig will wake up after longer terms sleep, that was also a problem before this

ALC patch. At least AppleHDA is now stock standard and should at least survive future Apple updates to it.

Would appreciate if you could also assist with loss of sound during sleep.

Keep well

Well it worked for me though I have a working DSDT with CPU states included using ssdtprgen and propperly formated HDEF section such that I didnt need to inject hdef values. Wish I could remember how i did but there are plenty of guides out there. Might also want to make sure your using latest version of CLOVER. Goodluck.