[Guide] macOS Sierra 10.12 - Dell Optiplex 780 (760) (755) (790) (990)

MacPeet

1,596 posts in this topic

Reinstall fresh and used My EFI and retry Update

for the GT 1030 You have to boot nv_disable=1 for Update thats it

Still getting what seems to be same errors when attempting boot from USB to install. Very confused now.a9a84c16a529ad00a83523c56a0aa02e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still getting what seems to be same errors when attempting boot from USB to install. Very confused now.a9a84c16a529ad00a83523c56a0aa02e.jpg

it seem some thing not support about CP NO EMT64 ??

it seem some thing not support about CP NO EMT64 ??

Same CPU I’ve been using for a year. No problems Linux boots fine, windows operates correctly. Bios shows emt64 support. I guess I’ll try another CPU I have.

@vdubbus77

It won't work with an iMac14,2 SMBios! Plus, your CLOVER folder is a mess, especially in the /kexts folder!

Try this one and report back please :

On ssd post-1299187-15179736885372_thumb.jpg

@vdubbus77

It won't work with an iMac14,2 SMBios! Plus, your CLOVER folder is a mess, especially in the /kexts folder!

Try this one and report back please :

On USBpost-1299187-15179737391278_thumb.jpg

Hmm…

I see no 'DSMOS has arrived' in you verbose screens… Looks like FakeSMC.kext isn't loading for whatever reason. That could explain why you're stuck (not sure the 'Cpu has no EMT64 support' error is the problem :unsure:).

You could try this one in CLOVER/kexts/Other : https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fakesmc-kozlek/downloads/

Hmm…

I see no 'DSMOS has arrived' in you verbose screens… Looks like FakeSMC.kext isn't loading for whatever reason. That could explain why you're stuck (not sure the 'Cpu has no EMT64 support' error is the problem :unsure:).

You could try this one in CLOVER/kexts/Other : https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fakesmc-kozlek/downloads/

Now I get this with new fakesmc.kext94e68c320f916cf8054035b5e329c2bb.jpg

Ozmosis; Reaelly :rolleyes:

Your upload disappeared right after I downloaded. I can’t re download

Now I get this with new fakesmc.kext

Your upload disappeared right after I downloaded. I can’t re download

I did not have it anymore but I had given it to you and if you were probably using it you could easily succeed because I have this Graphics card too in an Optiplex 790

do not upload the same file every week I'm wondering why not use it

@all 755 users

please test and report this new trial version AppleALC + Lilu

@for all users

First test instructions for 10.13 Optiplex 780/760 ...
  • Like 1

HI Guys,

Would anyone have a generic DSDT file or complete clover.zip for the optiplex 980. I wish to upgrade from a 755 and 990 dsdt file in the original post is patched for HD5450 and I wish to use a gt710 which works OOB with sierra or high sierra.

HI Guys,

Would anyone have a generic DSDT file or complete clover.zip for the optiplex 980. I wish to upgrade from a 755 and 990 dsdt file in the original post is patched for HD5450 and I wish to use a gt710 which works OOB with sierra or high sierra.

EDIT **

I see generic dsdt for 780 in the first post

Just receive today one of the Best Graphics Card  for the Optiplex 790

Saphire Radeon HD 6670 1 gig

Receive from UK eBay with orignal Box and all accessories  B)

Its a Wonderfull piece of software from Saphire compagnie!

14-10210.jpg

14-10211.jpg

Native 10.6.7 to 10.13.4  :thumbsup_anim:  :w00t:  :w00t:

Testing to all macOS :P

captu336.png

With Pithecia all is perfect   :D

captu337.png

even in Snow Leopard 10.6.8 

12311.png

Thinking about upgrading my video card. I though Radeon HD 6450 was OOB in High Sierra? 

I see other threads where some are having problems.

My Sapphire Radeon HD 5450 cards required nothing extra when upgrading to High Sierra on my Optiplex 790 and 990.

6450 Not a good choice I have testing the Visiontek  and not working  :rolleyes: Not working on all macOS

I have also this one ➤ Gigabyte Geforce GT 710  2 gig working OOB  Inject Nvidia= false  :wink_anim:

The Zotac Geforce GT 1030 work great with Web Drivers  :D

Guest ricoc90

Thinking about upgrading my video card. I though Radeon HD 6450 was OOB in High Sierra? 

I see other threads where some are having problems.

My Sapphire Radeon HD 5450 cards required nothing extra when upgrading to High Sierra on my Optiplex 790 and 990.

My Sapphire HD 6450 indeed worked OOB on default FB under Sierra. Did not test the card in High Sierra on the 790, so I can't tell if it will or won't work.  On my 755 it did not, however that's most likely because the 755 has no helper card and i did not bother to roll back kexts  :blush:

@all 755 users

please test and report this new trial version AppleALC + Lilu

I'll report tomorrow  ^_^

Hello Friends

I am creating another Hackintosh. One i created few month ago was a huge success and now i am trying to upgrade..

My specs are

Sys Specs: DELL OptiPlex 780 (Tower).  Intel Core2Quad QQ400, 8GB DDR3, NVDIA Geforce 210 1GB
Bootloader: Clover latest, Mac OS High Sierra 10.13, 

I managed to install Hackintosh . Sound, wake, sleep and shutdown works fine. I have not tested Ethernet yet. 
I am having issues with Graphics Card, it is showing 3MB only. 

I have installed using same Old USB, i created for my last build and i just used Boot flag nv_disable=1 to get it working but Graphics performance is very poor. I have tried installing NVDIA Web drivers but they are not working.

Can any body please share some good kexts or resources for NvDIA Geforce 210 (1GB) graphics card.

I also have two other spare graphics card. Nvdia Geforce GF120 and ATI Radeon HD7450 and i can go with those cards as well .. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi new problem. I just swapped out the HDD in my Optiplex 780 Hack with a 240 GB SSD. Formatted the SSD as HSF+ Journaled, used CCC to clone the HDD, copied over the entire EFI partition. Powered up, and just got a blinking cursor. Restarted with F12, selected the SSD, but the machine just kind of froze. The SSD remained highlighted, but the arrows would move the highlight cursor any more (though it beeped every time I tried). Any thoughts on what I've done wrong?

1 minute ago, billg66 said:

used CCC to clone the HDD, copied over the entire EFI partition

You can't just copy the entire EFI partition, you also need to install Clover in Legacy mode (boot0af or boot0ss) on it. Then, you can replace - not merge - the installed CLOVER folder with your own CLOVER folder.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, polyzargone said:

You can't just copy the entire EFI partition, you also need to install Clover in Legacy mode (boot0af or boot0ss) on it. Then, you can replace - not merge - the installed CLOVER folder with your own CLOVER folder.

Duh. Feeling pretty stupid right now. I knew that. It's just been awhile. Thanks, I'll update once I've tended to that little detail.