[Guide] macOS Sierra 10.12 - Dell Optiplex 780 (760) (755) (790) (990)

MacPeet

1,596 posts in this topic

Yes try the ASUS 710 may be work like the Gigabyte 710  :)

Try Graphics =  Nvidia / true

or     Nvidia  / false

I was try it before but again i didnt have full hd resoloution.

So i buy the randeon! 

I will try it again and i will tell you. 

Try this

It didn't work.

Edit: the other issue was solved though, I switched to Intel8256MM.kext and everything works as it should now.

Another thing that comes to mind: I installed a spare fan I had because the POST would complain everytime it booted about the rear fan not being found and I didn't find any BIOS option to disable that warning, but after a couple of seconds after boot the fan gets really noisy and it's kind of annoying, I was wondering if there is some way I can control it from macOS.

Sleep for Optiplex 760, core2duo and 5450, tested on 12.4, please test further

So I looked for sleep,

stumbled upon http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/292748-guide-mavericks-109x-dell-optiplex-780-760/?p=1967495,

and merged it into DSDT.aml.zip of first post. 

Enclosed find the resulting DSDT, machine sleeps, power to usb keeps on, after key press or mouse press,

system wakes, no loss of usb, have tested it for a day.

Please test it further, and DO NOT USE in a production environment until further tested, you have been warned, enjoy,

Regards,

Itswworking2

DSDT-2core-5450-SLEEP.zip

After finally fixing everything else I tried to set up mpv with hardware acceleration, but I always get "failed to init videotoolbox decoder: -1313558101".Apparently VDA was dropped in 10.11 so I guess the driver for this card doesn't support VideoToolbox? In Chrome video decode is supposedly hardware accelerated but in media-internals I can see that it's using software too.Actually performance is good using software decoding but I'd rather use hardware.Anyone else having similar problems?

@Sakis6977 Did you try with the generic config.plist?  You could still use that config.plist and use the radeon gpu as long as you make sure to include Shrike in the fbname in clover and also tick ati.  If that still doesnt' work, gotta inject the fake ID.

@Sakis6977 Did you try with the generic config.plist?  You could still use that config.plist and use the radeon gpu as long as you make sure to include Shrike in the fbname in clover and also tick ati.  If that still doesnt' work, gotta inject the fake ID.

I will try and i will tell you.

So we have the same system? And the same graphics but i cant have full hd???? Whyyyyyy!!!! Can you send me yours config.plist to try it?

And when i have the DSDT file i cant boot. If i delete i Boot normaly.

Can you send me your clover folder to try it?

Guest ricoc90

i have 755 Optiplex SFF but night shift didn't work , can you upload your dsdt file and config.plist

Night shift isn't related to dsdt, but smbios. Either choose a natively supported smbios or download MacPeet's patched framework (see #1 for the download link)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn E5533 met Tapatalk

with generic i see this 

i have 755 Optiplex SFF but night shift didn't work , can you upload your dsdt file and config.plist

dsdt you have at the top of the post ,, config has nothing to do night shift,(dsdt nvidia card)

Night shift isn't related to dsdt, but smbios. Either choose a natively supported smbios or download MacPeet's patched framework (see #1 for the download link)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn E5533 met Tapatalk

my smbios imac14.2 ,nightshift is ok 

CoreBrightness.framework.zip

Guest ricoc90

my smbios imac14.2 ,nightshift is ok 

Yeah, Night Shift requires iMac13.x as a minimum, so iMac14,2 works natively.

With MacPeet's Night Shift patch it will work on iMac10,x iMac11,x and iMac12,x as well

Hello!

I was able to install sierra on my 780 with Nvidia GT 1030. But I do not have Audio! Help!

These are the steps I've made:

0. (I could not install Sierra directly, so I installed before el capitan)
1. Installed El capitan
2. Copied Kext from efi-clover-kext-10.11 to efi-clover-kext10.12
3. upgrade to sierra
4. installed last nvidia drivers web
5. enable web drivers by editing config.plist

Now everything looks ok in "about this mac"

But I can not turn on the Audio!

Thanks!