[Guide] macOS Sierra 10.12 - Dell Optiplex 780 (760) (755) (790) (990)

MacPeet

1,596 posts in this topic

Guest ricoc90

Hi all, 

I have Optiplex 755 with Q35 Chipset + ICH9DODSDT from post #1 for Optiplex 755 but I have some problems:

I can see AppleLPC.kext is loaded if I do ioreg but still get:

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - WARNING - LPC device initialization failed: C-state power management not initialized

Can anyone help?  :help:

Same here with same DSDT. The only significant issue I've noticed is that my system reboots when waking from sleep so I didn't really bother to look into it as of yet to be honest.

I don't know much about it, but you could try to play a little with these: https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/ACPI#acpi_ssdt

Hi all,

I have an Optiplex 7010 which I installed Sierra on successfully yesterday. Everything seems to be working in regards to sleep and graphics card (purchased a low profile GT 710)

As the machine has USB 3.0 ports, what's the best kext I should use to enable them?

Also, is there any Nvidia drivers available for 10.12.5 at the moment?

Thanks all

Guest ricoc90

Hi all,

I have an Optiplex 7010 which I installed Sierra on successfully yesterday. Everything seems to be working in regards to sleep and graphics card (purchased a low profile GT 710)

As the machine has USB 3.0 ports, what's the best kext I should use to enable them?

Also, is there any Nvidia drivers available for 10.12.5 at the moment?

Thanks all

Latest Nvidia web drivers (for build 16F73): https://images.nvidia.com/mac/pkg/378/WebDriver-378.05.05.15f01.pkg

Guest ricoc90

Thank you Ricoc90!

Welcome. Your GT 710 works OOB in 10.12.5? I have two Gigabyte GT 710 2GB and they are both resulting in a signal loss in 10.12.5.

Yes it worked out of the box.

I think you have to disable "Use Nvidia Web Drivers" and just let it boot on its own, but I will confirm when I get home tonight

Guest ricoc90

Yes it worked out of the box.

I think you have to disable "Use Nvidia Web Drivers" and just let it boot on its own, but I will confirm when I get home tonight

Yeah, I wasn't using the web drivers at first, I installed them because I did not get a signal. But Apparently it was because of my SMBIOS (imac10,1).

I changed it to macpro3,1 and the card works fine now. BUT... none of my USB ports are working with macpro3,1. 

Fun fact for @family1232009: I'm not getting the LPC warning with smbios macpro3,1.

Yeah, I wasn't using the web drivers at first, I installed them because I did not get a signal. But Apparently it was because of my SMBIOS (imac10,1).

I changed it to macpro3,1 and the card works fine now. BUT... none of my USB ports are working with macpro3,1. 

You're using a MacPro3,1 SMBios on Sierra???

It's not supposed to work since those models are unsupported :shock: !

As for your USB issue, you need to edit the USBInjector.kext's info.plist  and replace every occurrence of iMac10,1 to the SMBios you're currently using.

• Like 1

Guest ricoc90

You're using a MacPro3,1 SMBios on Sierra???

It's not supposed to work since those models are unsupported :shock: !

As for your USB issue, you need to edit the USBInjector.kext's info.plist  and replace every occurrence of iMac10,1 to the SMBios you're currently using.

I've never had issues using MacPro3,1 on Sierra. Well, you can not install Sierra with MacPro3,1 SMBios, but it works fine after installation. On Enoch that is... I don't know how Clover handles it. http://imgur.com/in9AA8t (for some reason it won't let me post the image itself)

I'm currently not using USBInjector.kext (there was no need for it), but I'll look into it. Thanks!

If someone knows how I could get the card work under imac10,1 I'd like to hear it, since obviously I'll lose the Night Shift functionality on macpro3,1 :(

It worked fine with imac10,1 under previous versions of Sierra.

Edited by ricoc90

I've never had issues using MacPro3,1 on Sierra. Well, you can not install Sierra with MacPro3,1 SMBios, but it works fine after installation. On Enoch that is... I don't know how Clover handles it.

Oh I see you're using Enoch ! Then you are correct since the MacPro3,1 is unsupported only at the installation stage with this bootloader.

But with Clover, you'll facing this error whenever it's pre or post-install :

This version of Mac OS X is not supported on this platform!
Reason : Mac-F42C88C8

If someone knows how I could get the card work under imac10,1 I'd like to hear it, since obviously I'll lose the Night Shift functionality on macpro3,1 :(

It worked fine with imac10,1 under previous versions of Sierra.

I'm looking forward a fix for that because my GTX 650 Ti doesn't work anymore with that SMBios too. It's not an Optiplex but still, it's annoying ;).

Guest ricoc90

@polyzargone: Thanks dude! I replaced imac10,1 with macpro3,1 and (most of) my USB ports are working now. :D

Guest ricoc90

SMBIOS MacPro3,1 also works.

Also with Clover. Note: http://dosdude1.com/sierrapatch.html
Important: Boot flag -no_compat_check

@ ricoc90
for Night Shift, after each update: patched CoreBrightness.framework install

Yeah, I thought the minimum requirements were iMac10,1 but I checked it after I posted and realized that it works for MacPro3,1 too :D

GT 710 sleep after updating to 10.12.4.

Change Imac 14,1 to 10,1

Change graphic card to GTX 1050.using web driver and CUDA in Optiplex 780

Update to 10.12.5 without problem. Night Shift work flawlessly..

post-1685704-0-09869500-1495032423_thumb.png

Welcome. Your GT 710 works OOB in 10.12.5? I have two Gigabyte GT 710 2GB and they are both resulting in a signal loss in 10.12.5.

The driver you posted doesn't work for me.

I think 10.12.5 broke the OOB for me as well. Getting signal loss too.

Any other suggestions please?

I have some updates regarding the SMBios issue.

• iMac10,1 = "no signal" or black screen

• MacPro3,1 = boot OK with boot-arg -no_compat_check and display OK > no access to developer seeds of macOS Sierra

• MacPro5,1 = kernel panic on AppleTyMCEDriver.kext > needs a patch

• iMac13,1 = all good :thumbsup_anim:

Guest ricoc90

The driver you posted doesn't work for me.

I think 10.12.5 broke the OOB for me as well. Getting signal loss too.

Any other suggestions please?

That's the only driver available for this build. The card works fine without the web drivers, right?

I have some updates regarding the SMBios issue.

• iMac10,1 = "no signal" or black screen

• MacPro3,1 = boot OK with boot-arg -no_compat_check and display OK > no access to developer seeds of macOS Sierra

• MacPro5,1 = kernel panic on AppleTyMCEDriver.kext > needs a patch

• iMac13,1 = all good :thumbsup_anim:

MacPro5,1 uses ECC ram, right? I used to have an AMD build using MacPro5,1 SMBios and I remember me removing AppleTyMCEDriver.kext from /S/L/E :D

run swupatch.sh in Terminal --> access to developer seeds of macOS Sierra

updates.zip

This also turns off the version control of the updates.

That's the only driver available for this build. The card works fine without the web drivers, right?

I think after the latest update it's stopped working. Will try again tonight.

What's the best SMBIOS to use? My machine is a sandy bridge i5 with 4gb ram

Guest ricoc90

I think after the latest update it's stopped working. Will try again tonight.

What's the best SMBIOS to use? My machine is a sandy bridge i5 with 4gb ram

iMac12,1 or iMac12,2 based on your CPU. macpro3,1 did the trick for me.

EDIT: Nevermind, I fixed it by adding the WiFi card into my DSDT.

I am having issues getting iCloud et cetera to work at my optiplex 755. 

With Enoch, in order to get iCloud et cetera working you need to set "EthernetBuiltIn" to Yes and PCIRootUID to 1. 

On my other machine it's working fine and I am able to use iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime et cetera. But on my optiplex it seems that the EthernetBuiltIn is being ignored by macOS which makes that I am not able to sign-in into iCloud.

The bootloader picks it up fine:

Using PCI-Root-UID value: 1
[ ETHERNET DEVICE INFO ]
    Class code: [0200]
    EthernetBuiltIn = Yes
    Location number: 1
    Setting up lan keys
    Intel Ethernet Controller [8086:10bd]
    PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x19,0x0)

[ WIRELESS DEVICE INFO ]
    Class code: [0280]
    EnableWifi = Yes
    Setting up wifi keys
    Atheros AR9227 Wireless Network Adapter [168c:002d]
    PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x1e,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

But DPCIManager reports otherwise:

f4x57ok.png

and so I'm getting the famous "an unknown error occurred" message when I try to sign-in into iCloud.

FYI, this is how it looks on my other system (where everything works fine):

dMHZ194.png

Does somebody have any idea why this is?

Edited by ricoc90

So Nvidia drivers are now working with the GT 710 2GB. I had to change my SMBIOS

Managed to get it displauying 4K res on my Sony TV.

Only problem I have left is no HDMi sound. How do I fix it?