Help with new Quadro card

fminus

15 posts in this topic

I was wondering if someone could help me out getting my Quadro M2000 working. It boots to a black screen that has a loading circle that goes away then a cursor flashes in the upper right hand corner of the screen. Then back to the spinning circle. Then the cursor flashes in the corner again. And it just repeats.

The card is a Quadro M2000, which is the same chipset as the GT 950/960. 

Oddly enough, the machine boots fine when I throw my 980ti in there. Does anyone have any insight on what is the problem here?

I have done the following:

• Tried various SMBIOS, imac 17,1 imac 14,1 Mac 3,1 Mac 6,1
  • Disabled/Enabled IGP
  • Installed latest web drivers f02 and previous f01
  • Tried to VNC in during the black screen (Can connect...just shows a black screen :/)

Currently I am running 10.11.5

Hey man. Just a quick thought. For me to get my nvidia 8600gt working I had to remove the nvenabler kext via an install disk, repair permissions with disk utility, and then it worked just fine. Just a thought. If you dont have that kext installed I got nothing lol. Anyhoo good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

OK here on Mac Pro 3.1 2008 and Yosamite and El Capitan  both do not boot on my MAC with EFI Quadro 4000 for Mac PLUS Quadro K2200.

When I remove the K2200 card or boot through FireWire-Target mode with mac mini it works .

I have no Idea either why the Maxwell is killing the boot, later it is possible to use WebDrivers so 5 Monitors work through VGA Dell P1130 120Khz and other FullHD Screens via VGA and DVI through Displayport Adapters.

the K2200 uses the first Generation Maxwell not the second , I think the second is in the Titan right ? well I suggest to boot with Efi nvidia for mac install webdriver and change the card for your M2200...

If anybody knows sth. about kext, and how to inject it into boot USB and recover Partition let me know please....

But still i am on Mac Pro and do not use clover and this stuff... 

Hi fminus You have two Maxwell Generations:

First generation Maxwell (GM10x)  also GeForce 800M GeForce 900 series, GeForce GTX 750 / 750 Titan

GM107 

desktop

Quadro K2200, Quadro K1200, Quadro K620

mobile 

Quadro K1100M etc... other Kxxx are Kepler !!!

(Earlier GeForce 700 series GPUs and mobile versions had used Kepler chips with the code numbers GK1xx)

they work oob because they can be found in iMac and MacBookPro

GM108 

Quadro NVS 5200M, NVS 4200M

Second generation Maxwell (GM20x) in Mxxx series GeForce GTX 97X 98X +Titan  series

• GM200  Quadro M6000 24GB, Quadro M6000
  • GM204  Quadro M5000, Quadro M4000
  • GM206  Quadro M2000

for further information : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_Quadro#PCI

I have no specs about M500M but must be simmilar to desktop

Hi fminus You have two Maxwell Generations:

First generation Maxwell (GM10x)  also GeForce 800M GeForce 900 series, GeForce GTX 750 / 750 Titan

GM107 

desktop

Quadro K2200, Quadro K1200, Quadro K620

mobile 

Quadro K1100M etc... other Kxxx are Kepler !!!

(Earlier GeForce 700 series GPUs and mobile versions had used Kepler chips with the code numbers GK1xx)

they work oob because they can be found in iMac and MacBookPro

GM108 

Quadro NVS 5200M, NVS 4200M

Second generation Maxwell (GM20x) in Mxxx series GeForce GTX 97X 98X +Titan  series

• GM200  Quadro M6000 24GB, Quadro M6000
  • GM204  Quadro M5000, Quadro M4000
  • GM206  Quadro M2000

for further information : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_Quadro#PCI

I have no specs about M500M but must be simmilar to desktop

=.= GM206 !

Quadro M2000 is same core name as GTX750 v2 .

i'm try webdriver and inject DSDT last day but ... notthing.... does not work.

I tried SSDT, but it still did not work. I do not know if it is a special bios that the quadro cards have and/or drivers that have not yet been released to suport it. Regardless, I shipped the card back to the manuf. I 

I do not understand fminus you were not able to implement the webdriver ? it is very strange bacause the graphic processor is so simmilar to last titansX, and other quadros should work,

i read the nvs4200 work but with no metal support in MacOS Sierra personally I regret this very much because quadros are the only ISV hardware to run CCD stuff in Windows stable. /CreativeContentDesign)

The gamer card are peace of s#°^ when it comes to CCD-Production rendering on GPU or ECC or quadro-buffered stereo or antialiased lines in real CAD programms you have only choice between 

fireGL or quadro and M2000 would be my choice for MacPro 4,1 minimum those days ...

my Quadro K2200 has the same chip ( see Picture from GTX 750 REV 2 ) which would be in iMac with GTX750 Variant when Apple is using nv gtx750 Revision 2 after February 2014...

I think Quadro K4200 must work you can try this instead of M2000 it has simmilar specs to K5000 for Mac

DuongTHVN

=.= GM206 !

Quadro M2000 is same core name as GTX750 v2        --->THAT IS WRONG 

i'm try webdriver and inject DSDT last day but ... notthing.... does not work. 

GTX-750-Ti-Aufmacher-pcgh.jpg

Unfortunately web drivers were not working no matter what I did. I agree, that the K series of quadros would most likely work. The Quadro K4200 is not an option because I need the card to be a max of 170mm in length. That leaves the Quadro K1200. Unfortunately the card is too pricey for what it is. There was a special this month on the M2000 and it was selling for the low price of $300 hence why I grabbed it. 

I will most likely try the RX460 if it comes out this week.

I do not understand why the gtx 98x or ftx97x which have GM200 work and GM206 not Its very bad news for the future of Nvidia cards in mac other dream of pascal but if Maxwell is not implemented yet well,

what can I say ... the 60W Argument for 2000  series was for me the also the goal

I do not understand fminus you were not able to implement the webdriver ? it is very strange bacause the graphic processor is so simmilar to last titansX, and other quadros should work,

i read the nvs4200 work but with no metal support in MacOS Sierra personally I regret this very much because quadros are the only ISV hardware to run CCD stuff in Windows stable. /CreativeContentDesign)

The gamer card are peace of s#°^ when it comes to CCD-Production rendering on GPU or ECC or quadro-buffered stereo or antialiased lines in real CAD programms you have only choice between 

fireGL or quadro and M2000 would be my choice for MacPro 4,1 minimum those days ...

my Quadro K2200 has the same chip ( see Picture from GTX 750 REV 2 ) which would be in iMac with GTX750 Variant when Apple is using nv gtx750 Revision 2 after February 2014...

I think Quadro K4200 must work you can try this instead of M2000 it has simmilar specs to K5000 for Mac

not same bro ! K2200 is GM107, my GTX750 v2 is GM206 check here https://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/2778/geforce-gtx-750-v2