Buy OSx86 Retail... in Bangkok

Swad

72 posts in this topic

Got any nicer pictures? Perhaps a wallpaper is in order :P

I still love how they use the style of our old logo. And a great idea that old logo was. Props to the person who thought of it (slips my mind, sorry :D ), and props to me for making it. :lol:

Do you know whos hack they used?? I seriously doubt they hacked it themselves!

last month when i was at the mall looking for OSX86, i can't use torrent there is no ADSL broadband at my house area, and one thing i find out OSX86 DVD is that it is the exact copy of JaS 10.4.6 version. damn someone is making profit from it.. by the way the disc quality i mean surface is very bad, it's a cheap stamp disc and the osx86 logo looks ugly on it.. and my DVD drive having difficulty reading the disc.

I scanned the DVD cover for you guys to see. I can't seem to be able to attach it here...PM me if u want to see it.

Would it be illegal for me to rip the disc into an ISO and distribute it? It's a boot disc...boots right into the aqua interface.

lol....its already distributed, doin't you ever read the forum? I mean honestly, that dvd is probably from a patched image that someone ELSE made, lmao.

aha.. just read again about this thread..

i found also in my country (Indonesia) someone who sells JAS 10.4.6 ..

link : www.tusnet.tk (you need to browse a little)

this guy sell it for around USD 5.5 , what you get is :

--taken from the website--

DVD 1 :

- Installer JaS Mac OS X 10.4.6 – For Intel/AMD

DVD 2 :

- Aplikasi Update ke JaS Mac OS X 10.4.7 – For Intel

- Pacth ATI dan NVidia For Quartz Extreme & Core Image

- Darwine ( Emulator untuk Sofware Windows bisa jalan di Mac )

- MacDrive ( Aplikasi untuk Melihat Partisi Mac di windows )

- CPU-Z ( Untuk melihat jenis Hardware PC )

- Office For Mac OpenOffice dll

- Grafik Desain For Mac

- iLife 2005

- iWork 2005

- PDA tools

- Media Player 9 For Mac

- DiVX For Mac

- Game For Mac

- DLL

kinda fancy huh? 2 DVD .. heheh.. this mainly because people in here didnt have proper internet connection to access the torrents. Me myself got it from a friend who has a 10.4.5 DVD from torrent and he gave me the copy. If i dont, honestly i'll buy from that guy.. for the sake of curiosity to build my own iAMD

;)

I think that's good. People all don't have dvd burners and stuff and maybe can't get VMware or don't have the bandwidth to download it. Of course, it's only legal to buy in Bangkok.

I think that's good. People all don't have dvd burners and stuff and maybe can't get VMware or don't have the bandwidth to download it. Of course, it's only legal to buy in Bangkok.

hehe.. in Indonesia too, you can find pirated CD/DVD in the shopping malls, and they accept master & visa !! ;)

Hi All

I started using computers in 1983 with a C-64, a dos system with no GUI and no software to speak of and after debugging thousands of lines of basic to get a word processor to work, I decided I didn’t really need a computer. Then in 1985 I met the Amiga, the friendliest system ever made. You could boot from a floppy and multitask 5 or 6 programs with 512k ram and when you were done, you just turned it off. In 1993 thanks to Commodore’s CEO, Bill Gates, Gateway and others, the Amiga was dead. In 1993 I was using LightWave and needed More Power. I looked at both Macs and PCs and since both Macs and PCs had crappy OSs compared to Amigas OS, I decided to go with a PC because of the price and Mac wasn’t running LightWave yet. Since then I’ve been using Windows and Linux and I hate windows with a passion. I’m now running a multi boot with Red Hat and Win2000 sp4, or, as I like to call it Windows 3.1 Service Pac 97. My brother was always a Mac user and after spending 10s of thousands of dollars on hardware and hours if not days at a time restoring the OS on a regular basis I steered clear. Then he got a G5 and a little later OSX and I was impressed! A stable BSD (Linux) with a kick A GUI! I considered it, but $4000 for a system, that’s nuts. Next Jobs announced he was porting to Intel and I figured I’d wait until he releases OSX for the PC, but now Jobs says it’s not going to happen. I could see Woz saying not to give up the hardware, but I thought Jobs was smarter than that. Sure he’s on Disney’s board, but that’s thanks to Pixar not the Mac. If you know the history of the Mac, then you know that Mac was on their way out when Jobs allowed Radius and others to clone the Mac. In less than two years the Mac had evolved from a proprietary system that would only use Mac specific hardware to a system with PCI slots, IDE drives, standard PC floppies, standardized ram and more. This scared Jobs when Radius and others were selling twice the hardware he was. He didn’t stop to check how many more OSs he had sold or how much market he had grabbed. He ended the cloning, but he didn’t go back to Mac slots or non-standardized hardware.

I do a lot of rendering and I upgrade about once a year. I now have 5 AMD 64s with 4 gigs of ram and 250 gig Hitachi drives and 256 meg Nvidia cards. I use 1 for design and the rest for rendering. I also have an AMD Turion64 X2 notebook with 2 gigs ram, 128 meg ATI graphics, 160 gig drive and 17 wide screen. I use it for design, video, surfing and play. The boxes run Win2k and Red Hat and the notebook runs WinXP Pro and Red Hat. I build my own systems and shop smart and have less than $7000 in all my systems including legal OSs. That’s about the cost of 2 real Macs, right? I’m sure Jobs might be worried about having to deal with the drivers needed, but keep the standards high and I would buy and I think he’d be surprised how many would fallow. Besides I think hardware makers that are tired of Gate’s bully tactics would be glad to supply drivers. If I could buy a legit copy of OSX that I could easily install on the right system, setup boot camp and add Win 2k or XP, I’d give $100 to $200 a copy in a New York minute! Hardware is a dime a dozen, but a stable, user friendly OS is worth its weight in gold. But I ramble.

In the beginning Jobs, Woz and Gates started out stealing, bootlegging and trading software, so Steve shouldn’t be surprised when he gets hit. When Jobs announced OSX, he said 100,000 developers had worked on it. Of course, that wasn’t in one building, it was the worldwide FreeBSD community. If Jobs creates this great OS and thinks these under paid developers are not going to put it on their poor mans boxes, he’s nuts. When Bill Gates started making windows, he said go ahead and bootleg it, knowing for every 5 that was bootlegged one would sell and he raked in the dough. Now that the ratio is about 2 to 1 and his empire is crumbling, he’s trying to become the guru of digital rights management. People are tired of windows and the market is ripe for a new OS, so if Jobs don’t jump on it he must be crazy! There will be people that still want the Mac name, especially the notebooks, maybe 15% to 20%, but do the math. These are production cost not including any overhead. If the Intel G5 replacement cost $700 to build with a 17” monitor and it sells for $3500 that’s 5 times your cost or a 500% profit. That sounds great until you figure the profit in the OS. Most of the development is in the box already. Say you sell two versions, a bare bones OS similar to XP Home that sells for $90 ($80 to download) and a full blown box similar to XP Pro that would sell for $180 ($160 to download). If you ran 100,000 of each you could probably get them made for $2 and $4 each and a lot less for downloads. That is a 4500% profit and I would be willing to bet they would sell out in less than 30 days. Maybe even in a week, considering the way the web works. So let us say Mac sells 100,000 Intel G5 replacements in one year. That is a 280,000,000 profit, but 200,000 OSs in 30 days is a 53,200,000 profit or 638,400,000 in a year selling 2,400,000. Almost 3 times the profit of the servers, but I think Apple could sell 25,000,000 copies or more in a year. Apple could keep it exclusive in house for a couple years and rake in the profits. As long as Jobs keeps OSX tied to Macs hardware Apple will never have more than 10% of the market. Mr. Jobs set OSX free. You should know by now it’s already loose and there’s no putting it back in the box. Set OSX free and let it become the OS of the future. The best advertising is word of mouth! I’ll take 2 of the $180 ones and 4 of the $90 ones!!!!!!!!!!!!

that's my opinion

epro

;)

;)

“The most important thing to apple business isn't making money... its one at the top but it isn't the most important...”

It’s obvious money isn’t the most important thing to Apple and if I were running Apple, money wouldn’t be my drive either. My goal would be market share. I would want everyone in the world running my system, or at least give everyone using (Bill’s crappy) windows, the opportunity to run something decent! To get that share you have to understand human nature. I own a 20-year-old Mercedes, it runs on WVO (waste vegetable oil), gets 25 mpg, will run for 500k miles and if I were in a wreck there isn’t many other cars I’d rather be in, but I wouldn’t buy a new one, they are to expensive. Technology is different. If I had a 20-year-old Mac it might make a nice aquarium, but I’m not going to use it. If I buy a Mac tower and pay 2 or 3 times what it’s really worth, I’ll have to keep it 2 or 3 times as long before I upgrade, making it a dinosaur before I can upgrade. I have the same tower cases I’ve had since ATX motherboards came out. I upgrade the guts about once a year. I stay what I consider leading edge and I upgrade windows as necessary. If I could chose a stable, user-friendly OS like OSX, I’d be on my way to the Apple store right now. I looked at one 10.4.7 torrent and there were over 3000 seeders online. This tells me there is a demand. Call me stupid, but I believe most people are honest enough to buy an OS if they have the choice as opposed to taking a chance of getting caught with a bootleg OS on their system. I am at least.

So give us the choice, Steve!!!

“It was a vengeful girlfriend that suggested Bill Gates name his company Microsoft and he went for it!”

“LightWave runs faster on OSX than Windows. LightWave runs faster on AMDs than equivalent Intels. Quad core AMD64s coming soon! 2x4 and 4x4 AM2 motherboards coming in 2007.”

that's just my opinion

epro

if anyone is interested in seeing some of my graphics you can go to: http://www.thisoldride.com/index3.html site hasn't been updated in a while!

;)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey,

I'm in Lebanon and I bought my Mac osx86 10.4.5 DVD for 2$(Don't hate me).

The funny thing is that the person at the shop didn't know what it is .. lol hehehehe

I got this version along with the Brand new FIFA 2007, Prey and XMEN-3 (movie)...

It crazy out here, you can get stuff you can never imagine.

post-61270-1161893179_thumb.jpg