AMD Polaris IDs on Sierra / High Sierra

Ciro82

870 posts in this topic

Pretty promising stuff. Unfortunately it didn't fix my issue with low pitch sound, but nice to see it's on the radar. This method replaces my previous HDMI patch (no peg0 SSDT patch required anymore).

Which os are you using? 

HDMI audio for the RX 460 did not work in 10.12 (at least for most people anyway) even with Toleda's patch.

But it does work in 10.13 in the public beta since PB 2 -- PB 2 had it without any need for the patch, PB3 seems to need the patch again, (this new release of Whatevergreen may eliminate the need for the patch).

Which os are you using? 

HDMI audio for the RX 460 did not work in 10.12 (at least for most people anyway) even with Toleda's patch.

But it does work in 10.13 in the public beta since PB 2 -- PB 2 had it without any need for the patch, PB3 seems to need the patch again, (this new release of Whatevergreen may eliminate the need for the patch).

Nice! 10.12.6. I heard that it doesn't work for others. It works partially for me, but it's low pitched as if in slow motion.

I have rx 460 polaris : works fine with IGP as primary DVI unpluged on mobo or not on one Monitor and DVI pluged on GPU on other monitor.

I read that this GPU can't work on previous OX versions,

Is there anyway to put some kext of High Sierra or Sierra to have those polaris GPUs working on previous versions ?

I have rx 460 polaris : works fine with IGP as primary DVI unpluged on mobo or not on one Monitor and DVI pluged on GPU on other monitor.

I read that this GPU can't work on previous OX versions,

Is there anyway to put some kext of High Sierra or Sierra to have those polaris GPUs working on previous versions ?

Read the first post of this thread... You don't need iGPU primary and cable swap anymore...

• Like 1

Read the first post of this thread... You don't need iGPU primary and cable swap anymore...

Thank's : i don't have readed the first post since many  days !

Nope  : not work for me :

I tried :

- PEG as pimary

- remove all graphics injections

- added Watevergreen 1.0.2 kext

- bootargs -radbeta with or without -raddvi

Graphics setup stoped on half time apple boot logo and screen turned off with DVI

:mad:

Ciro82 said I needed to use the whatevergreen.kext and Lilu.kext but I cannot get them to work. They show as loaded when placed in S/L/E. How do I tie them to the device ID of the card I have?

Doesn't work on 10.12.6 ryzen

Hello everyone, I have been having trouble getting my Gigabyte Radeon 560 to work. Whatevergreen.kext and Lilu.kext are loaded but I do not have acceleration. Am I missing a step?

I am using 10.12.5, Ryzen 1600x, Gigabyte AB350, config.plist from "Ryzen Clover Installation Guide macOS Sierra" with the graphics section removed.

Here in the code it shows the models supported by WhateverGreen. There are many different revisions for 560 cards maybe yours isn't included? Otherwise check the WhateverGreen FAQ.

Well  :

I read this in the code for 67EF1002 :

{Model::DetectRev, 0x0000, 0x0000, 0x00cf, "Radeon Pro 460"},

That explain that my rx 460 OC 2GB is recognised as Radeon PRO 460

I can' t boot with PEG as primary

i can boot with IGP as primary

First login and second login after en few seconds and well done.

The good new is tha all the kexts needed to provide full acceleration are loaded.

Hello everyone, I have been having trouble getting my Gigabyte Radeon 560 to work. Whatevergreen.kext and Lilu.kext are loaded but I do not have acceleration. Am I missing a step?

I am using 10.12.5, Ryzen 1600x, Gigabyte AB350, config.plist from "Ryzen Clover Installation Guide macOS Sierra" with the graphics section removed.

Your problem is the fact that you have Ryzen. THere's a problem with the patched kernel for Ryzen and Whatevergreen.kext.

See this thread.

• Like 1

Can't get it to work on my machine.... don't know why, but it keeps on rebooting or it hangs just after the OsxAptioFixDrv... 

1) deleted all injection related things from my config.plist

2) tried with different bootargs

3) deleted a lot of kext for USB etc. 

Maybe clean install i can not remember if i changed any kext of the machine..... (oh no it can't be because i just updated to DP5)

Mork,

Your pictures appear to be down! I have found ATY,Part# in IORegistryExplorer, but the field is blank even after not injecting ATI.

Any guidance on how to find it?

I have an RX480 - MSI Armor OC

There seems to be a new checkroutine within AMD9500Controller: it checks for the Part# of the installed AMD card.

If it finds this value for Part#: 113-4E3531U or 113-4E353BU , than it sets "Radeon RX 580" as modelname and chooses "Orinoco" (which will match perfectly for RX480!) instead of "AMD,RadeonFramebuffer" as its related framebuffer.

Thats because Apples eGPU kit contains Sapphire AMD RX 580 PULSE as their bundled cards. You can check this with this patch within CLOVER:

<dict>
	<key>Comment</key>
	<string>Part#_Patch</string>
	<key>Disabled</key>
	<false/>
	<key>Find</key>
	<data>MTEzLTRFMzUzQlU=</data>
	<key>Name</key>
	<string>AMD9500Controller</string>
	<key>Replace</key>
	<data>MTEzLVNFMzY2QVU=</data>
</dict>

! You will have to replace the "Replace" value with Part# of your card. The one in the example above is my Part# !

To find out your part#, boot CLOVER with "Inject ATI = FALSE" and note your Partnumber.

This will give you:

ScreenShot2017-06-11at21.42.47.png

ScreenShot2017-06-11at22.14.30.png

AMD RX Vega 64 8gb, Gigabyte reference model is working   High Sierra beta with no clover fixes or injections IGPU is disabled.    Name is R9 xxx same as frontier edition, Geekbench is about the same.    Some buggy red graphics glitches in about this Mac for some reason.    Open Gl bugs, need to fix my Skylake rig to use the iMac 18.3 definition.    

post-1753549-0-40398900-1502736333_thumb.png

• Like 1

AMD RX Vega 64 8gb, Gigabyte reference model is working   High Sierra beta with no clover fixes or injections IGPU is disabled.    Name is R9 xxx same as frontier edition, Geekbench is about the same.    Some buggy red graphics glitches in about this Mac for some reason.    Open Gl bugs, need to fix my Skylake rig to use the iMac 18.3 definition.    

Hi. 

Please try this WhateverGreen. WhateverGreen.kext.zip

Add Vega 64 and Vega Frontier Edition identifiers and fix Prototype OpenCL/OpenGL engine names (see FAQ)

• Like 1

Hi. 

Please try this WhateverGreen. attachicon.gifWhateverGreen.kext.zip

Add Vega 64 and Vega Frontier Edition identifiers and fix Prototype OpenCL/OpenGL engine names (see FAQ)

Will do, I just copied my disk and am running benches. My first boot had the previous version, and now I'm running without. I have only been able to get 24 bit color, would like to get at least 32 bit and ultimately 30 bit 2101010. I will download it and load it and report back.

Update:    I loaded whateverGreenKext and booted.    I get Green screen after boot, I unplug HDMI and reattach and screen loads.     The green screen was random before but now is 3 boot cycles in a row.

Vega 64 IOReg WhateverGreen HS 6.zip

bootlog.log.txt.zip

Will do, I just copied my disk and am running benches. My first boot had the previous version, and now I'm running without. I have only been able to get 24 bit color, would like to get at least 32 bit and ultimately 30 bit 2101010. I will download it and load it and report back.

Update:    I loaded whateverGreenKext and booted.    I get Green screen after boot, I unplug HDMI and reattach and screen loads.     The green screen was random before but now is 3 boot cycles in a row.

Green screen is unfortunately currently out of WhateverGreen fixes, and the fact you see it with WhateverGreen installed is most likely just a coincidence caused by a boot delay or similar. To clarify, you got green screen with and without WhateverGreen, just the newer WhateverGreen made it appear way more frequently?

I have several ideas on what could cause it, but nothing definite. It is either to do with connectors (perhaps encoder/transmitter or priority are unsuitable for HDMI), or some aty_config or aty_properties configuration is wrong.

If you have enough time and skills you could try providing the following properties in all configurations via Arbitrary or ACPI:
CFG,CFG_NVV Number 2
PP,PP_PhmUseDummyBackEnd Number 0
CFG,CFG_PTPL2_TBL Data <d2000000 cc000000 c6000000 c0000000 ba000000 b4000000 ae000000 a8000000 a2000000 9c000000 96000000 8c000000 82000000 78000000 6e000000 1e000000>
They come from different frames from Vega drivers, and may well affect you green screen.

Also you could try setting priority to HDMI by specifying connector-priority with hdmi sense id, or perhaps the opposite, you could make DP first, and HDMI second, some while ago it worked for 2xx series.
  • Like 2

I think it wants to use Displayport first, last night I connected 2 monitors one to Displayport via adapter and one HDMI.     The DisplayPort acted as boot screen and initialized first, the HDMI screen activated later after boot but was not the Desktop screen with icons.     Booting via Displayport only got rid of the Green screen issue.     

I did have random green screen with and without WhateverGreenkext, using HDMI port.    It is most likely just an ironic coincidence that it is Green and not a blue screen.

I think it may also be an issue with Vega drivers at this point, using Uningine Valley and Heaven benchmarks it has horizontal bars running across the screen.   They are distortions of the screen image.    If I disable Anti-Aliasing or (1080p x 8) feature the screen is perfect.    

post-1753549-0-82184400-1502815681_thumb.png

post-1753549-0-72687900-1502815756_thumb.png

I think it wants to use Displayport first, last night I connected 2 monitors one to Displayport via adapter and one HDMI.     The DisplayPort acted as boot screen and initialized first, the HDMI screen activated later after boot but was not the Desktop screen with icons.     Booting via Displayport only got rid of the Green screen issue.     

I did have random green screen with and without WhateverGreenkext, using HDMI port.    It is most likely just an ironic coincidence that it is Green and not a blue screen.

I think it may also be an issue with Vega drivers at this point, using Uningine Valley and Heaven benchmarks it has horizontal bars running across the screen.   They are distortions of the screen image.    If I disable Anti-Aliasing or (1080p x 8) feature the screen is perfect.    

I got that in Heaven benchmark as well, so am pretty sure it's a driver thing.

Haven't tried HDMI, but my boot screen is always the 2nd DP port.

One weird thing I do get is a complete freeze sometimes. I think it's GPU because there's a bank of lights near the power connectors on the GPU which all go blue (max power) and the GPU gets hot.

• Like 1