AMD Polaris IDs on Sierra / High Sierra

Ciro82

870 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Let's hope there's decent (if any) support for crossfire configurations...

If you mean actual Crossfire, then no. That never has happened before and I doubt it will here.

You only use Crossfire for gaming, so either boot into Windows for gaming (where performance is better anyway), or get a single, more powerful card for OS X gaming.

I hope someone posts in this thread soon with verification of the RX 480 working in 10.12!

If you mean actual Crossfire, then no. That never has happened before and I doubt it will here.

You only use Crossfire for gaming, so either boot into Windows for gaming (where performance is better anyway), or get a single, more powerful card for OS X gaming.

I hope someone posts in this thread soon with verification of the RX 480 working in 10.12!

Double GFX's power computing with OpenCL apps will work.

• Like 1

so, anybody tested if this works?? which version of the RX480 should I get?? 4GB or 8GB for best compatibility?? also, will it work on El Capitan if we copy the kext?

8 or 4 gb that's not a problem, personally i haven't tested it yet. (i'm waiting for AMD reply on the power issue)
Copying kext from differents OS isn't properly the best choice, Sierra will eventually have Polaris support, we have to be patients and wait.
  • Like 1

8 or 4 gb that's not a problem, personally i haven't tested it yet. (i'm waiting for AMD reply on the power issue)
Copying kext from differents OS isn't properly the best choice, Sierra will eventually have Polaris support, we have to be patients and wait.

Yeah, I'm waiting for non reference cards too with 8-pin power supply connector. Should be within 2-4 weeks and by then somebody will hopefully test it and report in here.

Yeah, I'm waiting for non reference cards too with 8-pin power supply connector. Should be within 2-4 weeks and by then somebody will hopefully test it and report in here.

Non reference has a weird ports configuration: 2 x HDMI, 2 x DP, 1 DVI... i predict lot of headaches LOL

Non reference has a weird ports configuration: 2 x HDMI, 2 x DP, 1 DVI... i predict lot of headaches LOL

I guess it will be more expensive too. Nvidia's 1060 should be releases soon too though, maybe this will drive the prices down.

I guess it will be more expensive too. Nvidia's 1060 should be releases soon too though, maybe this will drive the prices down.

20-40 dollars more than the reference one...

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

With DP2 output is working on all three DPs and the HDMI-Port, but no acceleration for 0x67DF1002. Adding DeviceID to Baffin-Family IOMatch does the trick für Fiji (aka Fury) but not for RX 480. 

• Like 1

With DP2 output is working on all three DPs and the HDMI-Port, but no acceleration for 0x67DF1002. Adding DeviceID to Baffin-Family IOMatch does the trick für Fiji (aka Fury) but not for RX 480. 

Have you rebuilt prelinked kernel after adding the ID in the kext?

Do you mind to post an attachment of an IOREG save file?

AMD RX 480 8GB can boot on macOS Sierra Public Beta

But no QE/CI.

Need patch AMD9500 kext ?

attachicon.gif螢幕快照 2016-07-13 21.41.44.png

attachicon.gif螢幕快照 2016-07-13 21.42.18.png

DP & HDMI can show on.

attachicon.gif螢幕快照 2016-07-13 21.41.58.png

i might have to trade my 290x for a 480 8gb

• Like 2

can't wait for updates here in this thread :) I am planning to buy either the RX480 or the GTX1060. I definitely will wait until customs designs of the RX480 will be released. But Ciro is right - alternative output ports on customs cards might create a lot of headaches. I try to avoid those since I had enough of them with my MSI R9 270X :/

• Like 2