Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS Sierra (UPDATE Sept 27, 2019)

1,025 posts in this topic

Finally this was latest solution for me at least

Hi LAbyOne.I noticed you had the Nvidia 740 and didn't use any Nvidia drivers with Sierra. Did you still have video acceleration?

I have a H61M-S motherboard, i5 CPU and a Nvidia 740 I'm about to install Sierra on.

Hi LAbyOne.I noticed you had the Nvidia 740 and didn't use any Nvidia drivers with Sierra. Did you still have video acceleration?

I have a H61M-S motherboard, i5 CPU and a Nvidia 740 I'm about to install Sierra on.

Sierra 12.2 beta 4 (the latest) has these Nvidia drivers "mac" in it.    There is one for 740m but its labeled "win" so not sure it applies, but its there. 

post-1753549-0-07186500-1480534429_thumb.png

The Win version.

post-1753549-0-22606700-1480534804_thumb.png

• Like 1

I have error in iBook and Instrument:

iBooks[756:5338] Error loading /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceMTLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceMTLDriverWeb:  dlopen(/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceMTLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceMTLDriverWeb, 265): no suitable image found.  Did find:

/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceMTLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceMTLDriverWeb: code signature in (/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceMTLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceMTLDriverWeb) not valid for use in process using Library Validation: mapping process is a platform binary, but mapped file is not

Unable to create basic Accelerated OpenGL renderer.

Unable to create basic Accelerated OpenGL renderer.

Core Image is now using the software OpenGL renderer. This will be slow.

2016-12-04 22:38:45.337 iBooks[756:a103] [MZBookKeeperController.m:491] Cloudsync Error {(null)}

What's wrong?

My VGA is GTX950 and I just installed last driver version: f03

I'm on Sierra 10.12.1

I had this issue on driver version: f01 too

when I try to open books in iBooks, iBook's window is like a glass (Transparent)

EDIT -------------------------------------------------------

Seems like, It's a known bug:

https://origin-discussions-us.apple.com/thread/7683640?start=0&tstart=0

and still not fixed. shame on NVIDIA

Positive, everything works as expected.

here

PS

sorry for delay, just noticed :(

• Like 1

Positive, everything works as expected.

here

PS

sorry for delay, just noticed :(

OK, great thank you.

Sierra 12.2 beta 4 (the latest) has these Nvidia drivers "mac" in it.    There is one for 740m but its labeled "win" so not sure it applies, but its there. 

attachicon.gifNvidia mac drivers.png

The Win version.

attachicon.gifNvidia 740m win.png

Great, thanks a bunch!

There will never be Pascal support until Apple use Pascal hardware. Even Maxwell is only operating on pieces of the existing Kepler parts of the driver.

Thats it!

And why should Nvidia put much manpower / money in dev of Maxwell + Pascal OS X drivers when Apple doesnt buy  and use any newer Nvidia gpus in their Macs?!

They can not life with hackintosh Nvidia users only!   :)

Since Apple lost way of "real" MacPro - changeable gpus - it can get even more worst if Apple use more and more AMD gpus. Nvidia will stop then driver dev for OS X.

Too bad, because Nvidia mostly working with much less trouble than AMD - no framework probs / patches needed. 

• Like 3

I have no problem also with Sierra 1012.1..

Have you patched apple graphics policy after installing web driver?

I don't know if with your smbios also is mandatory to do..

Yes i patched it with Agdpfix, for smbios I use imac 17.1