Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS Sierra (UPDATE Sept 27, 2019)

1,025 posts in this topic

ok these are te results

Test # 1

it seems that the nvram.plist file needs EmuVariableUefi-64.efi to be installed for the card to work in Sierra

so now I can confirmed that for my card to work in Sierra I need to use EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and enter the terminal command at least in my system and for now

Test # 2

I installed the new version of clover and the first thing I notice is the new interface, it look much better and I like it

i ran all the test and I still need to use EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and enter the terminal commands for the card to work

Remember this is in my system, maybe your system is different and you don’t need to enter any commands or maybe you don’t even need to use EmuVariableUefi-64.efi

But if you have problems getting you card to work in Sierra this is a good place to start

Simply add EmuVariableUefi-64.efi to clover if you are in EUFI mode , enter the terminal commands , install the web drivers and reboot , you card should work now

I tested clover in legacy mode and the card work doing exactly the same thing 

enter the terminal commands , install the web drivers and reboot

great job!! no need to use adgpfix to fix black screen problem with  imac17,1 system definiton?

ok these are te results

Test # 1

it seems that the nvram.plist file needs EmuVariableUefi-64.efi to be installed for the card to work in Sierra

so now I can confirmed that for my card to work in Sierra I need to use EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and enter the terminal command at least in my system and for now

Test # 2

I installed the new version of clover and the first thing I notice is the new interface, it look much better and I like it

i ran all the test and I still need to use EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and enter the terminal commands for the card to work

Remember this is in my system, maybe your system is different and you don’t need to enter any commands or maybe you don’t even need to use EmuVariableUefi-64.efi

But if you have problems getting you card to work in Sierra this is a good place to start

Simply add EmuVariableUefi-64.efi to clover if you are in EUFI mode , enter the terminal commands , install the web drivers and reboot , you card should work now

I tested clover in legacy mode and the card work doing exactly the same thing 

enter the terminal commands , install the web drivers and reboot

hi,,what is your motherboard??? my mb z170-hd3 may not need EmuVariableUefi-64.efi 

if i use Yosemite or El Capitan then i don't need to install or use EmuVariableUefi-64.efi because those systems use nvda_drv=1 boot flag in the boot loader config file, so my system has complete support for nvram without having to use EmuVariableUefi-64.efi but in sierra is another story, even that i have nvram support in sierra without having to use or install EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, but the only way to make the card work is installing EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, so technically and basically the only reason why i have to use or install EmuVariableUefi-64.efi is to make the card work, that why i said that it seems that the file nvram.plist file needs EmuVariableUefi-64.efi

so i hope that clear things up

i have to patch AppleGraphicsControl.kext because i use mac pro bios 6.1  

so if you use iMac 17.1 you also need to patch the file or install the already patch file that i uploaded a few days ago

i have to install EmuVariableUefi-64.efi in my system because that is the only way the card works on my system

my board is gigabyte g1 gaming wifi , did you finally got your card to work :moil:

if i use Yosemite or El Capitan then i don't need to install or use EmuVariableUefi-64.efi because those systems use nvda_drv=1 boot flag in the boot loader config file, so my system has complete support for nvram without having to use EmuVariableUefi-64.efi but in sierra is another story, even that i have nvram support in sierra without having to use or install EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, but the only way to make the card work is installing EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, so technically and basically the only reason why i have to use or install EmuVariableUefi-64.efi is to make the card work, that why i said that it seems that the file nvram.plist file needs EmuVariableUefi-64.efi

so i hope that clear things up

i have to patch AppleGraphicsControl.kext because i use mac pro bios 6.1  

so if you use iMac 17.1 you also need to patch the file or install the already patch file that i uploaded a few days ago

i have to install EmuVariableUefi-64.efi in my system because that is the only way the card works on my system

my board is gigabyte g1 gaming wifi , did you finally got your card to work 

thank you! my board is gigabyte z170-hd3 and i will test it  after installing sierra public gm .

hey guys, just installed the GM of sierra and im having issues with my 980ti, it was all fine in El Capitan but Sierra just wont see the card, it just displays 'Display 3 MB' in the about this mac graphics entry. El Capitan saw it as the 980ti.

Any ideas where to start with fixing this? Im on a Gigabyte X99 Chipset Board 

Cheers

i haven't installed the GM yet because the GM version that is out is the Developer Version but as soon as the GM Public Version is out, i will install it and try it , so i don't know if the change something or not. if you are using clover in legacy mode simply enter this terminal commands 1 by 1 and reboot 

sudo nvram nvda_drv=1

nvram -x -p >nvram.plist

sudo mv ./nvram.plist /nvram.plist

sudo chmod 777 /nvram.plist

chflags hidden /nvram.plist

exit

that is assuming that you already installed your web drivers, if you already had you web drivers install then your card should work after coming from the reboot

if you are running clover in EUFI mode make sure you have EmuVariableUefi-64.efi installed in clover then is the same thing as before

enter the commands and reboot , make sure you have your web drivers install before running the commands so when the pc comeback from restarting the web drivers are automatically enable, try that and tell me if it works for you , sorry i didn't want to write the whole thing all over again but you can start reading from page 12 but here i already made a good quick resume, please report back with your results, thanks and good luck

almost forgot something very important is to know if the smbios that you are using requires the patch version of AppleGraphicsControl.kext or not

​basically if you use mac pro bios 6.1 and some iMac bios like 17.1 then you need to patch the file , if you use another version of smbios then you don't need to patch the file

• Like 1

i haven't installed the GM yet because the GM version that is out is the Developer Version but as soon as the GM Public Version is out, i will install it and try it

I just got an email saying I can download and install the GM candidate right now, and I'm on the public beta.

• Like 2

i haven't installed the GM yet because the GM version that is out is the Developer Version but as soon as the GM Public Version is out, i will install it and try it , so i don't know if the change something or not. if you are using clover in legacy mode simply enter this terminal commands 1 by 1 and reboot 

sudo nvram nvda_drv=1

nvram -x -p >nvram.plist

sudo mv ./nvram.plist /nvram.plist

sudo chmod 777 /nvram.plist

chflags hidden /nvram.plist

exit

that is assuming that you already installed your web drivers, if you already had you web drivers install then your card should work after coming from the reboot

if you are running clover in EUFI mode make sure you have EmuVariableUefi-64.efi installed in clover then is the same thing as before

enter the commands and reboot , make sure you have your web drivers install before running the commands so when the pc comeback from restarting the web drivers are automatically enable, try that and tell me if it works for you , sorry i didn't want to write the whole thing all over again but you can start reading from page 12 but here i already made a good quick resume, please report back with your results, thanks and good luck

almost forgot something very important is to know if the smbios that you are using requires the patch version of AppleGraphicsControl.kext or not

​basically if you use mac pro bios 6.1 and some iMac bios like 17.1 then you need to patch the file , if you use another version of smbios then you don't need to patch the file

Does this relate to a specific card? I have a GT 610 which has been flawless until 10.12 but using these instructions are not working for me. I am running an SMBIOS os iMac11,2 as this is a close match to my hardware - Would i need a patched version of AppleGraphicsControl.kext and if so is there a location to grab this from?

Does this relate to a specific card? I have a GT 610 which has been flawless until 10.12 but using these instructions are not working for me. I am running an SMBIOS os iMac11,2 as this is a close match to my hardware - Would i need a patched version of AppleGraphicsControl.kext and if so is there a location to grab this from?

the instructions are for public beta 7 , what version of sierra a re you using? because if you are using GM maybe something change, maybe you are missing a step some where sometimes a little detail can be the difference, i started writing in page 12 and i wrote a lot so i don't want to be filling every page with the same stuff and i don't want others users or moderators to get mad at me thinking that i'm spamming or something, do you still have nvda_drv=1 flag selected in clover, i don't know if it makes a difference i will have to run another test for that, specially in GM but i didn't check nvda_drv=1 flag in clover because for what i know that flag was remove and no longer working because the card now uses and relies in nvram so the flag is in nvram now. if you don't get the black screen then you don't need the patch version of AppleGraphicsControl.kext, about the method in Yosemite and EC all cards work the same way web drivers and nvda_drv=1 flag some card work with generic OS X drivers the one that are supported. please provide more info like are you on legacy or eufi any little detail that you can provide is good, also are you using the latest version of clover and make sure you use the right drivers for your sierra version, i used this one build 16A313a (DP8 & PB7) so if you are using sierra GM maybe you need a new beta version of web drivers for GM. but this hypothetic because i don't know if 16A313a (DP8 & PB7) web drivers works on sierra GM or not

check out page 13 post #257 but that file is for sierra public beta 7 and only if you need the patched version of AppleGraphicsControl.kext , if you get the black screen then you need it , Mac Pro bios 6.1 and iMacs from 15 to 17 look page 14 post # 261 AGDPFIX 1.3 screen

I just got an email saying I can download and install the GM candidate right now, and I'm on the public beta.

thank you i'm going to check that right now i'm also on the public beta. i check earlier today and nothing so i figure maybe like 2 or 3 days, i was so busy today that i didn't think about maybe later today or later tonight, it never cross my mind i taught maybe like 2 or 3 days but thanks. i will download it tonight and test it tomorrow morning

• Like 1

the instructions are for public beta 7 , what version of sierra a re you using? because if you are using GM maybe something change, maybe you are missing a step some where sometimes a little detail can be the difference, i started writing in page 12 and i wrote a lot so i don't want to be filling every page with the same stuff and i don't want others users or moderators to get mad at me thinking that i'm spamming r something, do you still have nvda_drv=1 flag selected in clover, i don't know if it makes a different i will have to run another test for that specially in GM but i didn't check nvda_drv=1 flag in clover because for what i know that flag was remove and no longer working because the card now uses and relies in nvram so the flag is in nvram now. if you don't get the black screen then you don't need the patch version of AppleGraphicsControl.kext, about the method in Yosemite and EC all cards work the same way web drivers and nvda_drv=1 flag some card work with generic OS X drivers the one that are supported. please provide more info like is you are on legacy or eufi any little detail that you can provide is good, also are you using the latest version of clover and make sure you use the right drivers for your sierra version, i used this one build 16A313a (DP8 & PB7) so if you are using sierra GM maybe you need a new beta version of web drivers for GM. but this hypothetic because i don't know if 16A313a (DP8 & PB7) web drivers works on sierra GM or not

check out page 13 post #257 but that file is for sierra public beta 7 and only if you need the patched version of AppleGraphicsControl.kext , if you get the black screen then you need it , Mac Pro bios 6.1 and iMacs from 15 to 17 look page 14 post # 261 AGDPFIX 1.3 screen

thank you i'm going to check that right now i'm also on the public beta. i check earlier today and nothing so i figure maybe like 2 or 3 days, i was so busy today that i didn't think about maybe later today or later tonight, it never cross my mind i taught maybe like 2 or 3 days but thanks. i will download it tonight and test it tomorrow morning

great work! 

confirmed my card now works without having to enter the commands

the web driver from public beta 7 works fine on sierra GM

i’m using clover version 3726

now i can enable nvda_drv=1 and install the web divers and that’s it

same old school way

but i still need to use EmuVariableEufi-64 even i get nvram values without using EmuVariableEufi-64 but my card don’t work if i don’t use EmuVariableEufi-64

remember EmuVariableEufi-64 is only for EUFI 

also my old method still works , so if you can’t make you card work the normal way you can try that method as a temporary alternative

here i uploaded the patched version of AppleGraphicsControl.kext from GM for anyone who need it, some people complaint about AGDPfix not working in sierra

so i patched the file but to set the record straight AGDPfix does work on sierra, including GM

sorry i couldn’t post this earlier but yesterday insanelymac was down and out for the count

i know about the exposed serial number but i don't use that serial that's why i didn't even bother to cover it

i only cover my own personal serial number

good luck everybody

2yvpc46.png

13zwy8w.png

GM Patched.zip

• Like 1

the instructions are for public beta 7 , what version of sierra a re you using? because if you are using GM maybe something change, maybe you are missing a step some where sometimes a little detail can be the difference, i started writing in page 12 and i wrote a lot so i don't want to be filling every page with the same stuff and i don't want others users or moderators to get mad at me thinking that i'm spamming or something, do you still have nvda_drv=1 flag selected in clover, i don't know if it makes a difference i will have to run another test for that, specially in GM but i didn't check nvda_drv=1 flag in clover because for what i know that flag was remove and no longer working because the card now uses and relies in nvram so the flag is in nvram now. if you don't get the black screen then you don't need the patch version of AppleGraphicsControl.kext, about the method in Yosemite and EC all cards work the same way web drivers and nvda_drv=1 flag some card work with generic OS X drivers the one that are supported. please provide more info like are you on legacy or eufi any little detail that you can provide is good, also are you using the latest version of clover and make sure you use the right drivers for your sierra version, i used this one build 16A313a (DP8 & PB7) so if you are using sierra GM maybe you need a new beta version of web drivers for GM. but this hypothetic because i don't know if 16A313a (DP8 & PB7) web drivers works on sierra GM or not

I am on PB7 still and i am on the latest version of clover which seems to be 3726 - I am using web driver version 367.10.10.05b01which also seems to be the latest available. I am running clover in legacy mode and have done the nvram commands and i do get this

imac:~ root# nvram -p | grep nvda

nvda_drv 1

However i can only boot with nv_disable=1 as otherwise i get a blank screen. I have also tried this with a patched version of a AppleGraphicsControl.kext and same result so i am a bit stuck. This is on a GT 610 which in everything before Sierra has been flawless OOTB.

I am on PB7 still and i am on the latest version of clover which seems to be 3726 - I am using web driver version 367.10.10.05b01which also seems to be the latest available. I am running clover in legacy mode and have done the nvram commands and i do get this

nvda_drv 1

However i can only boot with nv_disable=1 as otherwise i get a blank screen. I have also tried this with a patched version of a AppleGraphicsControl.kext and same result so i am a bit stuck. This is on a GT 610 which in everything before Sierra has been flawless OOTB.

forget beta 7 and install GM, there is have to be something different between the 2 builds because in GM i don't need t enter the commands, but they still work , if you use the commands you have to uncheck nvda_drv=1 "that is if i remember correctly i have to double check on that just to make sure" and if you don't use the commands and you do it the normal way then you have to check that flag in clover, i uploaded a few version of AppleGraphicsControl.kext so make sure you got the right one for your system , also you can patch the file yourself using AGDPfix.app , if you really want to check that you have nvram working download micky1979 NVRAMme.app and run it. testing your card in GM  is much better that testing your card in beta 7 because GM is closer to the final release than beta 7. so there are a few things fixed in GM that beta 7 don't have because beta don't include the new fixes that GM has.

to run a quick test in your current B7 simply uncheck nvda_drv=1 if you already enter the commands then reboot

this is assuming you already have the web drivers install, if you don't have the web drivers install, install them now

then reboot

• Like 1

nvda_drv 1

forget beta 7 and install GM, there is have to be something different between the 2 builds because in GM i don't need t enter the commands, but they still work , if you use the commands you have to uncheck nvda_drv=1 and if you don't use the commands and you do it the normal way then you have to check that flag in clover, "that is if i remember correctly i have to double check that" i uploaded a few version of AppleGraphicsControl.kext so make sure you got the right one for your system , also you can patch the file yourself using AGDPfix.app , if you really want to check that you have nvram working download micky1979 NVRAMme.app and run it. testing your card in GM  is much better that testing your card in beta 7 because GM is closer to the final release than beta 7. so there are a few things fixed in GM that beta 7 don't have because beta don't include the new fixes that GM has.

to run a quick test in your current B7 simply uncheck nvda_drv=1 if you already enter the commands then reboot

this is assuming you already have the eb drivers install, if you don't have the web drivers install, install them now

then reboot

hi,,i have a problem...how to disable sip on macos sierra in order to use adgpfix....setting 0*67 in clover can't disable..thanks again

nvda_drv 1

hi i already answer you in post 299 but i double check and in sierra GM you do need to select nvda_drv=1 even when you enter the commands. so read post 299 but remember to select nvda_drv=1. everythig else is correct

• Like 1