Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS Sierra (UPDATE Sept 27, 2019)

1,025 posts in this topic

i believe someon e on here asked me what driver i installed to get the GTX 970 i have to work with sierra, in Drivers64UEFI, the Extra driver i forgot was EmuVariable, which is indeed needed for the drivers to install and work. I just reinstalled clover and checked that, and made sure my config.plist also had nvda_driv=1 as well. after reinstalling the web driver, and rebooting, BOOM! I have full QE/CI, resolution and all 3 monitors are working.

• Like 1

osted Today, 09:20 AM

InsanelyMac Protégé

• photo-thumb-1450920.jpg?_r=1418709905
  • Members
  • bullet_black.png
  • 12 posts

i believe someon e on here asked me what driver i installed to get the GTX 970 i have to work with sierra, in Drivers64UEFI, the Extra driver i forgot was EmuVariable, which is indeed needed for the drivers to install and work. I just reinstalled clover and checked that, and made sure my config.plist also had nvda_driv=1 as well. after reinstalling the web driver, and rebooting, BOOM! I have full QE/CI, resolution and all 3 monitors are working.

what is your SMBIOS 

osted Today, 09:20 AM

InsanelyMac Protégé

• photo-thumb-1450920.jpg?_r=1418709905
  • Members
  • bullet_black.png
  • 12 posts

what is your SMBIOS 

IMac 14,2.  It's the only one i could get working.in El Cap i used Mac Pro 3,1, but with that SMBIOS i could not get Sierra to boot at all.

i guess is all over for enoch/chameleon at least for sierra, first no filenvram for Yosemite and El Capitan so that's means no iMessage, now we need nvram values for the video card to work in sierra, so is all cover from now on, i can use clover in EUFI but i have to remove 1 of my 2 Nvidia 970 cards , plus i have to remove my rocket raid 4520 raid card, because i have an x99 board and i get the allocation error if i have more than 2 cards installed in my system, with enoch i don't get the allocation error, that's why i use enoch even if i don't have iMessage, i still get the allocation error in clover even if i use legacy mode, so the only way for me to use clover without the allocation error is by removing the pic-e cards from my board. so if i want to use sierra i have to take my computer apart and remove some very important pieces. i'm not going to buy another board an another cpu, i think i'm going to wait to see how things develop, a new filenvram for enoch will save the day, we will have iMessage and graphic support on sierra but we all know that ain't going to happen. i seen many tutorials about how to get rid of the allocation error in some x99 boards, i guess i'm going to have to try that, to see if i find some kind of solution because i'm not taking my computer apart, for that i rather stay in EC for now. can't use osmosis because x99 platform is not supported. clover is good but that allocation error is killing me.

Why are you still using old technlogy. Clover is by far superior to chameleon in every way. BTW. OSX has trouble with SLI..

Definitely a no-go here for the GTX 750 Ti Sc

post-700494-0-93779700-1472601138_thumb.png

Definitely a no-go here for the GTX 750 Ti Sc

Injecting nVidia device IDs will not help you.

If you do not post the "random stuff" NVRAM -p outputs then we cannot help you :( As others are able to get the card working it is clearly an issue with either Clover drivers or Clover NVRAM, as has been documented throughout this thread

As a (dirty) workaround, you could try to add nvda_drv=1 to the /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist like this :

<dict>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>nvda_drv=1</string>
</dict>

That way, you could make sure the problem is with NVRAM or not.

:whistle:

Guys, I was getting nowhere at all so decided to totally nuke my install of Sierra and start over to see if this would fix anything. Downloaded and made a clean stick with PB7 and hit it with the latest patch to the /05b01 driver...

I now have some progress but still not the desired result... I have 2 monitors running now and on the nVidia driver "hoorah" BUT on one of them I get what looks like a nasty horizontal graphics tear about a third of the way down the screen (possibly on both) - but the Monitor attached via Display Port adapter is simply not recognized at all. So aside from the quality issues there still remains a connectivity issue,

For the record my card's an EVGA (Elite Group) GTX 750 Yi SC DDR 5 2 Gb Card (Single Fan) with One Display Port socket, one HDMI (now recognized) and a DVI Socket also recognised.

Anyone else got this same card? have you got this same issue with DisplayPort only?

For me the issue still lies with the driver as I originally suggested,,, Everything works perfectly in El Cap and as one would expect. Not sure why the driver simply was not sticking at all with my original updated installation of Sierra,,, but with this clean one it seems to be but is not getting the job done...

I boot with only one flag and that is nvda_drv=1 as that's all I need. I added in the nvidia clover injection as someone suggested and it made no difference at all... don't need it on El Captain either. The fact that HDMI now is at least picked up seems to suggest the issue does not lie in my clover configuration, nor is it a hardware issue or seemingly an OS issue... leaves only one culprit!

nvram -xp output

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EFIBluetoothDelay</key>
<data>
uAs=
</data>
<key>EmuVariableUefiPresent</key>
<data>
WWVz
</data>
<key>OsxAptioFixDrv-RelocBase</key>
<data>
AKB2hAAAAAA=
</data>
<key>SystemAudioVolume</key>
<data>
Og==
</data>
<key>SystemAudioVolumeDB</key>
<data>
6w==
</data>
<key>bluetoothActiveControllerInfo</key>
<data>
CiBcCgAAABCUFAAKOmNO4w==
</data>
<key>boot-args</key>
<string>nvda_drv=1</string>
<key>bootercfg</key>
<data>
KAA=
</data>
<key>csr-active-config</key>
<data>
ZwAAAA==
</data>
<key>efi-apple-payload0</key>
<data>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</data>
<key>efi-apple-payload0-data</key>
<data>
AgEMANBBAwoAAAAAAQEGAAQcAQEGAAAAAxIKAAAAAAAAAAQBKgABAAAAKAAAAAAAAAAA
QAYAAAAAABR0946jirJIvQF1JDTchSsCAgQEZgBcAEUARgBJAFwAQQBQAFAATABFAFwA
VQBQAEQAQQBUAEUAUgBTAFwAUwBNAEMAXABNAGEAYwAtADIANwBBAEQAQgBCADcAQgA0
AEMARQBFADgARQA2ADEALgBzAG0AYwAAAH//BAA=
</data>
<key>efi-apple-payload1</key>
<data>
UERBVEVSU1xTTUNcZmxhc2hlcl9iYXNlLnNtYzwvc3RyaW5nPjwvZGljdD48L2FycmF5
Pg==
</data>
<key>efi-apple-payload1-data</key>
<data>
QAYAAAAAABR0946jirJIvQF1JDTchSsCAgQEVgBcAEUARgBJAFwAQQBQAFAATABFAFwA
VQBQAEQAQQBUAEUAUgBTAFwAUwBNAEMAXABmAGwAYQBzAGgAZQByAF8AYgBhAHMAZQAu
AHMAbQBjAAAAf/8EAA==
</data>
<key>efi-apple-payload2</key>
<data>
UERBVEVSU1xTTUNcZmxhc2hlcl91cGRhdGUuc21jPC9zdHJpbmc+PC9kaWN0PjwvYXJy
YXk+
</data>
<key>efi-apple-payload2-data</key>
<data>
QAYAAAAAABR0946jirJIvQF1JDTchSsCAgQEWgBcAEUARgBJAFwAQQBQAFAATABFAFwA
VQBQAEQAQQBUAEUAUgBTAFwAUwBNAEMAXABmAGwAYQBzAGgAZQByAF8AdQBwAGQAYQB0
AGUALgBzAG0AYwAAAH//BAA=
</data>
<key>efi-apple-payload3</key>
<data>
UERBVEVSU1xTTUNcTWFjLTI3QURCQjdCNENFRThFNjEuZXBtPC9zdHJpbmc+PC9kaWN0
PjwvYXJyYXk+
</data>
<key>efi-apple-payload3-data</key>
<data>
QAYAAAAAABR0946jirJIvQF1JDTchSsCAgQEZgBcAEUARgBJAFwAQQBQAFAATABFAFwA
VQBQAEQAQQBUAEUAUgBTAFwAUwBNAEMAXABNAGEAYwAtADIANwBBAEQAQgBCADcAQgA0
AEMARQBFADgARQA2ADEALgBlAHAAbQAAAH//BAA=
</data>
<key>efi-apple-recovery</key>
<data>
aWxlUGF0aDwvc3RyaW5nPjxrZXk+UGF0aDwva2V5PjxzdHJpbmc+XEVGSVxBUFBMRVxG
SVJNV0FSRVxJTTE0Ml8wMTE4X0IxM19MT0NLRUQuc2NhcDwvc3RyaW5nPjwvZGljdD48
L2FycmF5Pg==
</data>
<key>efi-apple-recovery-data</key>
<data>
QAYAAAAAABR0946jirJIvQF1JDTchSsCAgQEYgBcAEUARgBJAFwAQQBQAFAATABFAFwA
RgBJAFIATQBXAEEAUgBFAFwASQBNADEANAAyAF8AMAAxADEAOABfAEIAMQAzAF8ATABP
AEMASwBFAEQALgBzAGMAYQBwAAAAf/8EAA==
</data>
<key>fmm-computer-name</key>
<data>
Wm9vcmVrYeKAmXMgaU1hYw==
</data>
<key>nvda_drv</key>
<data>
MQ==
</data>
<key>prev-lang:kbd</key>
<data>
ZW46MA==
</data>
<key>security-mode</key>
<string>none</string>
</dict>
</plist>

I also find now that in the "about" dialog my card shows up but reports 0Mb....

post-700494-0-61177200-1472787499_thumb.png

IMac 14,2.  It's the only one i could get working.in El Cap i used Mac Pro 3,1, but with that SMBIOS i could not get Sierra to boot at all.

finally some justice, gigabyte released a new bios for my board and that fixed the allocation error with clover, now i can install clover in EUFI mode,  have all my devices install in my board with no problem, so now i can finally move on to clover and have iMessage working, i could't do this before because i had to take out pieces from my computer then my computer was incomplete, that's why i was using enoch but now sierra requires nvram for the graphics card, now all my problems are solved. thanks to that new bios update, just in case i have gigabyte x99 g1 gaming wifi and the new bios are version 22j , the bios have a new cool looking EUFI interface and it fixed the allocation problem that was driving me nuts, just in case i have 2 nvidia 970's , 1 rocket raid 4520 card, 1 wifi + bluetooth combo 4360cd and 1 usb 3.0 fresco logic 4 port card. so all 5 cards works in my system with the new bios in EUFI mode, going to sierra now to finish setting up my system , now i'm sierra ready just waiting for apple for the official release

i know sli don't work on OS for gaming but rendering with 2 cards in FCP and compressor is pretty fast and cool

yes I came to report success, the only thing left for my to fix is iMessage, I will work on that tomorrow, here is what I did to get my Nvidia 970 working on Sierra PB7, and by the way I have 2 Nvidia 970, this is using clover in EUFI mode, my board has support for nvram without having to use emuvariableuefi-64.efi but for now I did like this and is working, maybe for the next beta I will try without emuvariableuefi-64.efi first, anyway here is what I did

Nvidia 970 in Sierra PB7

make sure you select

EmuVariableUefi-64.efi

When you install clover

Only use nv_disable=1 to install Mac OS to a ssd or hard drive

After the system has been installed 

Do not use nv_disable=1 or nvda_drv=1 flags anymore

make sure they are not selected in clover

I use options - boot arg - in clover boot menu to use nv_disable=1 without having to select the option using clover configurator

This what you have to do once you logged into the system

Install the web drivers 

Reboot

I know they still don’t work, don’t worry you will get them to work in your next reboot

Go to terminal and copy paste each line 1 by 1 follow by enter

sudo nvram nvda_drv=1

nvram -x -p >nvram.plist

sudo mv ./nvram.plist /nvram.plist

sudo chmod 777 /nvram.plist

chflags hidden /nvram.plist

exit

Now go to Nvidia driver manager, on top next to the clock and select web drivers

Reboot

And I hope it works for you same way it worked for me

if you have any problem trying to load the installer simply don't use nv_disable=1 flag or vice versa

edit new

to save an extra restart, simply enter the commands in terminal first, then install the web drivers and when the system reboots, the web drivers are already active and enable, this is better than having to do 2 restart, 1 restart and is all done, tested on EUFI and legacy mode

xcrlnq.jpg

Problem Solved - Hallelujah...

Not sure how this happened because I most certainly ticked it when I changed the SMBIOS initially and saved off the config.plist file!

It appears that the absence of the Trust key being ticked was preventing the Displayport monitor from communicating with the NVidia driver (thats a new one on me!) In el Capitain the only thing this option seemed to do was to report my memory speed  as 1600  Mhz as opposed to 1330 mhz.

In editing my earlier post I decided to add an about this mac screenshot and noticed that my Ram Speed was being under reported - but curiously too that my NVidia Card was now detected but displaying a fat "zero" Mb. In trying to fix the ram speed issue it appears to have fixed the the monitor/display issue too....

All 3 monitors FINALLY firing!

Problem Solved - Hallelujah...

Not sure how this happened because I most certainly ticked it when I changed the SMBIOS initially and saved off the config.plist file!

It appears that the absence of the Trust key being ticked was preventing the Displayport monitor from communicating with the NVidia driver (thats a new one on me!) In el Capitain the only thing this option seemed to do was to report my memory speed  as 1600  Mhz as opposed to 1330 mhz.

In editing my earlier post I decided to add an about this mac screenshot and noticed that my Ram Speed was being under reported - but curiously too that my NVidia Card was now detected but displaying a fat "zero" Mb. In trying to fix the ram speed issue it appears to have fixed the the monitor/display issue too....

All 3 monitors FINALLY firing!

good to hear that, man is good to know that we are Sierra ready, now all we have to do is wait, I hope they don't make big changes, I'm going to order a 4k monitor so I can use the computer with a monitor and have my system ready, right now I'm using a projector, not an old cheap projector, a new expensive projector, I use it to play games and watch blurays movies in my hackintosh, but I want a monitor to surf the net, so I don't need to have my projector on all the time. I know that a clean install always feel faster than a system that you been using for a few months, but I clean install El Capitan too and Sierra seems faster, so I ran a quick bench and my raid card is around 200 mb faster in Sierra. today I will run cinebench and stuff like that, good luck to everybody peace out :thumbsup_anim:

just finish testing a clean install in legacy mode and the method works in legacy mode too

sudo nvram nvda_drv=1

nvram -x -p >nvram.plist

sudo mv ./nvram.plist /nvram.plist

sudo chmod 777 /nvram.plist

chflags hidden /nvram.plist

exit

Great! will try

Dont know if it's due to clover 3726 but nvda_drv=1 seems automatically injected now. Only has aptiofixdrv in efi drivers folder.

thanks for the info, i am using clover version 3696 and a few days back i was going to check to see if they have a new version already available but since sierra is still on beta and i have web drivers working, i didn't even bother, but those are great news, i'm going to download the new version now for me to try it during this week, if i don't have to enter the values is even better, but as long it works, is all good, can't wait for the official release, so i think from PB8 to Golden Master or maybe who knows the next release will be the GM, remember apple has an event on SEP 7. let's just wait and see. once again thanks

edit 

i also only use aptiofixdrv , i only added EmuVariableUefi-64.efi because of the nvidia problem but my board support nvram without having to use EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, also i didn't tried entering the values without EmuVariableUefi-64.efi but if i don't have to enter the values anymore then i don't have to run that test or use EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, so you added some extra fun to my game, thanks

• Like 1

thanks for the info, i am using clover version 3696 and a few days back i was going to check to see if they have a new version already available but since sierra is still on beta and i have web drivers working, i didn't even bother, but those are great news, i'm going to download the new version now for me to try it during this week, if i don't have to enter the values is even better, but as long it works, is all good, can't wait for the official release, so i think from PB8 to Golden Master or maybe who knows the next release will be the GM, remember apple has an event on SEP 7. let's just wait and see. once again thanks

edit 

i also only use aptiofixdrv , i only added EmuVariableUefi-64.efi because of the nvidia problem but my board support nvram without having to use EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, also i didn't tried entering the values without EmuVariableUefi-64.efi but if i don't have to enter the values anymore then i don't have to run that test or use EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, so you added some extra fun to my game, thanks

when smbios is imac 17.1...it can go black screen and no signal after installing web drives and rebooting....

when smbios is imac 17.1...it can go black screen and no signal after installing web drives and rebooting....

Read back through the thread for the fix for that. Editing the plist inside a kext.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Read back through the thread for the fix for that. Editing the plist inside a kext.

thank you

AGDPFIX fails on macos sierra

Yes that's what I needed to do also.

ok.thank you..mine is  mb:z170-hd3 cpu: i5-6500 gtx 960...smbios is imac 17,1......i have a try

Yes that's what I needed to do also.

AGDPFIX app doesn't work on 10.12 macOS Sierra is because Sierra uses only 64bit drivers, so when running the app to patch the kext it trys to patch using 32bit