Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS Sierra (UPDATE Sept 27, 2019)

1,025 posts in this topic

Yes that's what I needed to do also.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

yes, i changed config2 to none on EI capitan. do you mean that i should make this change manually on macos sierra?

or more cool way;

https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2015/11/23/patching-applegraphicsdevicepolicy-kext/

when smbios is imac 17.1...it can go black screen and no signal after installing web drives and rebooting....

yes if you have or use a smbios that requires that you patch AppleGraphicsControl.kext then yes you will get a black screen because you didn't patch the file , but that doesn't have nothing to do with the terminal commands because if you don't need to patch the file then it will load just fine, anyway here is the file already patch, i always use mac pro bios 6.1 so i already know that i have to patch the file or the file has to be patch. i didn't bring that up before because i didn't want to over explain and i figure that most of the people here will know that by know, so they know if they have to patch AppleGraphicsControl.kext or not , anyway you can just install this file with kext wizard or any other kext utility and reboot, if you don't have anything to fix permissions, go to S/L/E and delete the original AppleGraphicsControl.kext before installing this one. this is the patched version of AppleGraphicsControl.kext from PB7

edit

AGDPfix does works on sierra, there are 2 possibilities why it doesn't work for you

1 you have SIP enable

2 you didn't run the terminal command to allow apps from anywhere

just in case here is the command

sudo spctl --master-disable

SPB7.zip

• Like 2

or more cool way;

https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2015/11/23/patching-applegraphicsdevicepolicy-kext/

i just saw it....does it useful on mac os sierra??

yes if you have or use a smbios that requires that you patch AppleGraphicsControl.kext then yes you will get a black screen because you didn't patch the file , but that doesn't have nothing to do with the terminal commands because if you don't need to patch the file then it will load just fine, anyway here is the file already patch, i always use mac pro bios 6.1 so i already know that i have to patch the file or the file has to be patch. i didn't bring that up before because i didn't want to over explain and i figure that most of the people here will know that by know, so they know if they have to patch AppleGraphicsControl.kext or not , anyway you can just install this file with kext wizard or any other kext utility and reboot, if you don't have anything to fix permissions, go to S/L/E and delete the original AppleGraphicsControl.kext before installing this one. this is the patched version of AppleGraphicsControl.kext from PB7

edit

AGDPfix does works on sierra, there are 2 possibilities why it doesn't work for you

1 you have SIP enable

2 you didn't run the terminal command to allow apps from anywhere

just in case here is the command

sudo spctl --master-disable

thank you for your detail explain.i  run AGDPFIX1.3 to fix my black screen problem on EI capitan.but someone on this forum says AGDPFIX app doesn't work on 10.12 macOS Sierra is because Sierra uses only 64bit drivers, so when running the app to patch the kext it trys to patch using 32bit..what do you think about it ?  thanks again

if you also need the patched version of AppleGraphicsControl.kext for El Capitan here it is, this is for El Capitan 10.11.6 , install AppleGraphicsControl.kext file after you install SecUpd2016-001ElCapitan.pkg. this is the patched version for that update.

edit

make sure you AGDPfix app look like in the picture and nothing is check, i think that might be the problem. if you check the file to run in 32 bit mode, that is to run the app in an old mac os system like leopard which is 32 bit. there have to be some kind of explanation some where because AGDPfix works fine in sierra. i hope that you find what is causing the problem. good luck

qxvrqg.jpg

EC10.11.6.zip

• Like 1

are you running clover in legacy mode or in EUFI mode, all mac os after leopard, starting in snow leopard run in 64 bit mode, there was a way to forced snow leopard to run in 32 bit mode, i think the confusion you have is when you install clover in legacy mode because you can choose to install 64 bit drivers only or also add the 32 bit drivers but that is for legacy mode only, i think those 32 bit drivers as well as the 64 bit drivers are to multi boot with windows or something like that, some of those drivers are also require for clover for the mac os system. the EUFI installation of clover in only 64 bits, and if you want to multi boot with windows it has to be a 64 bit windows in EUFI mode. maybe i'm wrong maybe you can install windows 32 bit in EUFI mode but i doubt it and i haven't personally tried but i think that's why you don't see 32 bit EUFI drivers in clover, but clover in legacy mode with the 64 bit and 32 bit drivers installed, you can install any version of windows, 32 bit or 64 bit in legacy mode.

if you also need the patched version of AppleGraphicsControl.kext for El Capitan here it is, this is for El Capitan 10.11.6 , install AppleGraphicsControl.kext file after you install SecUpd2016-001ElCapitan.pkg. this the patched version from that update.

edit

make sure you AGDPfix app look like in the picture and nothing is check, i think that might be the problem. if you check the file to run in 32 bit mode, that is to run the app in an old mac os system like leopard which is 32 bit. there have to be some kind of explanation some where because AGDPfix works fine in sierra. good luck i hope that you find what is causing the problem. good luck

qxvrqg.jpg

thank you very much! i run clover in uefi mode and  use AGDPFIX1.3 with imac 17,1 system definiton  on ei capitan....i will check this app later...

i see they updated the file and made a new version

i been using the same old version for years

i never really worried about updating the app because it has always work with all the system i have tried

i guess this is where you have version 1.3 from

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/424-agdpfix/

try using version 1.0 that's the one that i use and it works in sierra

i don't know maybe they changed something in the new app

i will test version 1.3 tomorrow in sierra to see if the problem is cause by that specific version

because version 1.0 works flawlessly

ok i tested both apps and they both worked fine in sierra

so that rule out that is an app problem

upload a photo showing the error that you get

if is a 32 bit error message like you said then it has to be that 32 bit mode is check on the app

look here is the proof

14kcxap.png

• Like 1

i never really worried about updating the app because it has always work with all the system i have tried

i will test version 1.3 tomorrow in sierra to see if the problem is cause by that specific version

if is a 32 bit error message like you said then it has to be that 32 bit mode is check on the app

look here is the proof

14kcxap.png

thank you... i will try 1.3version on macos sierra..

look here is the proof

14kcxap.png

version1.0 can works fine on sierra with imac17.1?

thank you for your detail explain.i  run AGDPFIX1.3 to fix my black screen problem on EI capitan.but someone on this forum says AGDPFIX app doesn't work on 10.12 macOS Sierra is because Sierra uses only 64bit drivers, so when running the app to patch the kext it trys to patch using 32bit..what do you think about it ?  thanks again

yes im using it without any problem, basically you dont need to edit anything else:

2016_09_06_21_28_41.jpg

<string>DSDT.aml</string>
			<key>Patches</key>
			<array>
				<dict>
					<key>Comment</key>
					<string>GFX0 [to] GFX2</string>
					<key>Find</key>
					<data>
					R0ZYMA==
					</data>
					<key>Replace</key>
					<data>
					R0ZYMg==
					</data>
				</dict>
				<dict>
					<key>Comment</key>
					<string>PEGP [to] GFX1</string>
					<key>Find</key>
					<data>
					UEVHUA==
					</data>
					<key>Replace</key>
					<data>
					R0ZYMQ==
					</data>
				</dict>
			</array>

Edit 1 : Credit goes to "cecekpawon" i think. Also more details can be found here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308790-applegraphicsdevicepolicy-on-the-fly-patching-impossible-alternate-idea-but-still-does-not-seem-to-work/page-2
  • Like 3

thank you for your detail explain.i  run AGDPFIX1.3 to fix my black screen problem on EI capitan.but someone on this forum says AGDPFIX app doesn't work on 10.12 macOS Sierra is because Sierra uses only 64bit drivers, so when running the app to patch the kext it trys to patch using 32bit..what do you think about it ?  thanks again

Then someone said something wrong :P.

There's zero connection between 64 Bits drivers and ADGPfix since the only thing it does is modify the info.plist inside /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext.

And as someone said before, there's no 32 Bits kexts anymore since Mac OS X Lion. Talking about 32 Bits drivers in macOS Sierra is totally irrelevant ;).

• Like 2

Just a question here... Anybody else having an issue with sound on their Maxwell card? With the current driver - basically the same driver since DP3 that's just been "Patched" I'm only getting Video (and thats after a lot of issues)l HDMI is nowhere to be heard! In EL Capitan I get HDMI for both the HDMI port and the Display Port (which I have a DP -> HDMI adapter for and is what powers my Asus Monitor)

I'm pretty sure that this functionality is provided via the nVidia driver as up to now I have not needed a HDMI kext or dedicated ssdt to get HDMI on El Capitan or on Yosemite

for the record mine's a GTX 750 Ti SC (EVGA)

yes im using it without any problem, basically you dont need to edit anything else:

2016_09_06_21_28_41.jpg

<key>Patches</key>
			<array>
				<dict>
					<key>Comment</key>
					<key>Find</key>
					<data>
					R0ZYMA==
					</data>
					<key>Replace</key>
					<data>
					R0ZYMg==
					</data>
				</dict>
				<dict>
					<key>Comment</key>
					<key>Find</key>
					<data>
					UEVHUA==
					</data>
					<key>Replace</key>
					<data>
					R0ZYMQ==
					</data>
				</dict>
			</array>

Edit 1 : Credit goes to "cecekpawon" i think. Also more details can be found here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308790-applegraphicsdevicepolicy-on-the-fly-patching-impossible-alternate-idea-but-still-does-not-seem-to-work/page-2

hello gurqn are you running in 4k because it look like you have high DPI enable. i can enable high DPI in EC but the version of quartz debug that i use to enable high DPI on my system it doesn't work on sierra. i have a 1080 projector and i use switch res x and i can make that projector go up to 2k, i want to buy a 4K monitor but i want an specific model but i can't find it anywhere , to make along story short i have to call HP because in all the web sites they show one monitor but they sell another, is basically the same thing but with some minor changes and i want the one that is in the picture not something else, all i'm trying to say is that the definition in your desktop look excellent. is like you have 4k with HDPI enable

2016_09_06_21_28_41.jpg

<key>Patches</key>
			<array>
				<dict>
					<key>Comment</key>
					<key>Find</key>
					<data>
					R0ZYMA==
					</data>
					<key>Replace</key>
					<data>
					R0ZYMg==
					</data>
				</dict>
				<dict>
					<key>Comment</key>
					<key>Find</key>
					<data>
					UEVHUA==
					</data>
					<key>Replace</key>
					<data>
					R0ZYMQ==
					</data>
				</dict>
			</array>

Great!!

hello gurqn are you running in 4k because it look like you have high DPI enable. i can enable high DPI in EC but the version of quartz debug that i use to enable high DPI on my system it doesn't work on sierra. i have a 1080 projector and i use switch res x and i can make that projector go up to 2k, i want to buy a 4K monitor but i want an specific model but i can't find it anywhere , to make along story short i have to call HP because in all the web sites they show one monitor but they sell another, is basically the same thing but with some minor changes and i want the one that is in the picture not something else, all i'm trying to say is that the definition in your desktop look excellent. is like you have 4k with HDPI enable

hi,,need to add EmuVariableUefi-64.efi to clover when installing sierra? 

hi,,need to add EmuVariableUefi-64.efi to clover when installing sierra? 

it depends on your board and also what file did you choose to install when you installed clover, some people use osxaptiofix2drv-64 while others like me only use osxaptiofixdrv-64. some boards like mine do not require or need EmuVariableUefi-64.efi in order to have nvram support but if you want to be safe simply install it this time. then later some other day when you have time run a test to check if you really need it or not. i can help you with that later but a very easy way to know if you have nvram working is to use micky1979 NVRAMme.app 1.4

last time i ran 2 test

first test i installed osxaptiofixdrv-64 and EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and i have my nvidia 970 card working with the web drivers using the terminal commands and mac pro bios 6.1 with AppleGraphicsControl.kext patched

​second test i installed clover in legacy mode, ran the terminal commands, the same thing with mac pro bios 6.1 with AppleGraphicsControl.kext patched and the web drivers

​both of the test were successful and the card work with full acceleration and it was fully recognized

what i didn't try is using the terminal commands without using or installing EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, that is the last test that i need to run.

i know my board support nvram without having to use EmuVariableUefi-64.efi , so i guess it should work without having to install or use EmuVariableUefi-64.efi but i don't want to guess i want to be sure and confirmed if it needs EmuVariableUefi-64.efi or not. at least for the card to work on sierra

but then another user came and say something about the new version of clover, so now i need to run 2 new test, the last one that i didn't try and now the new one, with the new version of clover, tomorrow i will run both test then i will report back

so i think you should install EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and try with it first because i haven't try with out it yet. good luck i'll be back tomorrow, i'm going to have fun tomorrow running test specially if apple decide to release a new beta or GM after the event   :hyper::thumbsup_anim::hyper:

• Like 1

it depends on your board and also what file did you choose to install when you installed clover, some people use osxaptiofix2drv-64 while others like me only use osxaptiofixdrv-64. some boards like mine do not require or need EmuVariableUefi-64.efi in order to have nvram support but if you want to be safe simply install it this time. then later some other day when you have time run a test to check if you really need it or not. i can help you with that later but a very easy way to know if you have nvram working is to use micky1979 

last time i ran 2 test

first test i installed osxaptiofixdrv-64 and EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and i have my nvidia 970 card working with the web drivers using the terminal commands and mac pro bios 6.1 with AppleGraphicsControl.kext patched

​second test i installed clover in legacy mode, ran the terminal commands, the same thing with mac pro bios 6.1 with AppleGraphicsControl.kext patched and the web drivers

​both of the test were successful and the card work with full acceleration and it was fully recognized

what i didn't try is using the terminal commands without using or installing EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, that is the last test that i need to run.

i know my board support nvram without having to use EmuVariableUefi-64.efi , so i guess it should work without having to install or use EmuVariableUefi-64.efi but i don't want to guess i want to be sure and confirmed if it needs EmuVariableUefi-64.efi or not. at least for the card to work on sierra

but then another user came and say something about the new version of clover, so now i need to run 2 new test, the last one that i didn't try and now the new one, with the new version of clover, tomorrow i will run both test then i will report back

so i think you should install EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and try with it first because i haven't try with out it yet. good luck i'll be back tomorrow, i'm going to have fun tomorrow running test specially if apple decide to release a new beta or GM after the event   :hyper::thumbsup_anim::hyper:

my motherboard is Z170-hd3-cf and cpu i5-6500...i will try NVRAMme.app 1.4 to check . 

besides EmuVariableUefi-64.efi,,others files in drivers65uefi are hfspuls.efi,,fsinject-64.efi,,,osxfatbinarydrv-64.efi,,osxaptiofix2drv-64...right? thank you again.

yes all those files are there but you can't check all of them at the same time. i only use 1 this one osxaptiofixdrv-64 but to test the card in sierra i also added EmuVariableUefi-64.efi but that is exactly what i want to verify and find out, if i really need EmuVariableUefi-64.efi or not but for the card in sierra because i already know that i didn't need it before, i only tried adding EmuVariableUefi-64.efi just to test if i could it make the card work in sierra. and i did but now i want to find out if EmuVariableUefi-64.efi is really necessary or not for the card to work on sierra , i hope you understand me because my english is not 100% perfect

if you use NVRAMme.app 1.4 and you have EmuVariableUefi-64.efi installed then you are going to see that you have nvram values, you have to remove EmuVariableUefi-64.efi from clover, reboot and the run NVRAMme.app 1.4 again and see if you still have nvram values, don't get confused if you only see a few lines that means you don't have nvram support but if you see many number then you have nvram support but i think you board is like mine i think you don't need EmuVariableUefi-64.efi but is better to run NVRAMme.app 1.4 and be sure. i'm going to sierra to take a screenshot with nvram then i'm going to take another screenshot with out nvram for you to see the difference

• Like 1

yes all those files are there but you can't check all of them at the same time. i only use 1 this one osxaptiofixdrv-64 but to test the card in sierra i also added EmuVariableUefi-64.efi but that is exactly what i want to verify and find out, if i really need EmuVariableUefi-64.efi or not but for the card in sierra because i already know that i didn't need it before, i only tried adding EmuVariableUefi-64.efi just to test if i could it make the card work in sierra. and i did but now i want to find out if EmuVariableUefi-64.efi is really necessary or not for the card to work on sierra , i hope you understand me because my english is not 100% perfect

if you use NVRAMme.app 1.4 and you have EmuVariableUefi-64.efi installed then you are going to see that you have nvram values, you have to remove EmuVariableUefi-64.efi from clover, reboot and the run EmuVariableUefi-64.efi again and see if you still have nvram values, don't get confused if you only see a few lines tat means you don't have nvram support but if you see many number then you have nvram support but i think you board is like mine i think you don't need EmuVariableUefi-64.efi but is better to run NVRAMme.app 1.4 and be sure. i'm going to sierra to take a screenshot with nvram then i'm going to take another screenshot with out nvram for you to see the difference

thank you again. what's difference between hfspuls-64.efi and VBoxHfs-64.efi....i installed ei capitan with default VBoxHfs-64.efi.but when i created sierra usb installer with pandora's box, it default used hfspuls-64.efi..

ok i got it to work now, i think the first time i try to run quartz debug in sierra i stop because of the error message, well this time i simply ignore the error and now it works i got hdpi in sierra. it looks very good now

glad to hear it's working. I'm using monitor that i shared on my signature, very nice one, plus with proper usb 3.0 support :)

https://www.amazon.com/ViewSonic-VP2780-4K-27-Inch-Monitor-3840x2160/dp/B00SHZSXVI
  • Like 1

you got me there i know i heard the explanation before but i stop using clover for almost a year because i had the reallocation error so i forgot about it , i just recently fixed the reallocation error and i came back to clover but that info won’t be hard to find if you search for it maybe someone else will answer that question for you. i can search for the answer but i’m a little tired now. i came back to show you the difference between a system with working nvram and a system with no nvram. so when you remove EmuVariableUefi-64.efi to run your test, you will know if you have nvram support or not

hu4xon.png

vhw976.png

i think clover tells you about the files you asked for, if you hover with the mouse over the file name in the install driver section of clover configurator

then next to that there is a symbol that look like 2 pages 

you can read some explanation from there

• Like 1

you got me there i know i heard the explanation before but i stop using clover for almost a year because i had the reallocation error so i forgot about it , i just recently fixed the reallocation error and i came back to clover but that info won’t be hard to find if you search for it maybe someone else will answer that question for you. i can search for the answer but i’m a little tired now. i came back to show you the difference between a system with working nvram and a system with no nvram. so when you remove EmuVariableUefi-64.efi to run your test, you will know if you have nvram support or not

hu4xon.png

vhw976.png

i think clover tells you about the files you asked for, if you hover with the mouse over the file name in the install driver section of clover configurator

then next to that there is a symbol that look like 2 pages 

you can read some explanation from there

great! thank you again! i will try this app.to decide if i need EmuVariableUefi-64.efi ..

thank you again. what's difference between hfspuls-64.efi and VBoxHfs-64.efi....i installed ei capitan with default VBoxHfs-64.efi.but when i created sierra usb installer with pandora's box, it default used hfspuls-64.efi..

VBoxHfs-64.efi (VirtualBox driver) is open source, HFSPlus.efi (Apple driver) is not :). Depending on your system, the first may not work as good as the later.

• Like 1

ok these are te results

Test # 1

it seems that the nvram.plist file needs EmuVariableUefi-64.efi to be installed for the card to work in Sierra

so now I can confirmed that for my card to work in Sierra I need to use EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and enter the terminal command at least in my system and for now

Test # 2

I installed the new version of clover and the first thing I notice is the new interface, it look much better and I like it

i ran all the test and I still need to use EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and enter the terminal commands for the card to work

Remember this is in my system, maybe your system is different and you don’t need to enter any commands or maybe you don’t even need to use EmuVariableUefi-64.efi

But if you have problems getting you card to work in Sierra this is a good place to start

Simply add EmuVariableUefi-64.efi to clover if you are in EUFI mode , enter the terminal commands , install the web drivers and reboot , you card should work now

I tested clover in legacy mode and the card work doing exactly the same thing 

enter the terminal commands , install the web drivers and reboot

• Like 1