Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS Sierra (UPDATE Sept 27, 2019)

1,025 posts in this topic

Is anyone else having strangely inverted colors on the latest NVIDIA Web Driver on macOS Sierra Developer Beta 6? I’m running a GTX 960 4GB in a MacPro4,1 that’s been flashed to a 5,1 (but still running 2x quad-core Xeons, haven’t swapped out for new CPUs or RAM yet). Any idea what’s going on/how to fix?

EDIT: Upon further consideration, it looks like just the R and B channels are flipped; G is still correct. And, if I click on messages in Mail, I see the colors flip to normal in a message briefly before the message changes to the next one. VERY strange.

@drowsyhaze

Interesting thing: my secondary monitor got screwed up colors after the 10.12 update. Worked fine in 10.11, works fine in W10… Tried a different cable, different port from the graphics card… Other monitor works just fine (in both ports and with both cables). Weeeeirdest thing. Basically, blues are yellows, yellows are blues, and reds are blues too… It's like my red channel got screwed up! :X SOO WEIRD! I tried checking the accessibility option to invert colors, but it's not it: whites and blacks are not inverted. I also tried switching to a different color profile… No help!

Any idea? Anybody running into similar issues?

PS: When booting with nv_disable=1 (aka no Nvidia driver), colors are perfectly fine! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

IMG_1058.jpg

Edit

I can confirm Working Gigabyte 750TI but with some remarks:

1 - I think we should all back to using kext-dev-mode=1 and roothless=0
2 - remove Emuvariable-64 from EFI it will cause system to never load your video kext
3 - Nvidia webdriver should be enabled using it's settings panel under system preference
4 - transparency is buggy as hell so reduce it under Accessibility panel.
5 - Clover Configurator won't mount EFI so do it manually
6 - no messed up colors on my end*

7 - reset your NVRAN after removing Emuvariable (sudo  nvram -c)

post-580097-0-76735700-1471831777_thumb.png

Is anyone else having strangely inverted colors on the latest NVIDIA Web Driver on macOS Sierra Developer Beta 6? I’m running a GTX 960 4GB in a MacPro4,1 that’s been flashed to a 5,1 (but still running 2x quad-core Xeons, haven’t swapped out for new CPUs or RAM yet). Any idea what’s going on/how to fix?

EDIT: Upon further consideration, it looks like just the R and B channels are flipped; G is still correct. And, if I click on messages in Mail, I see the colors flip to normal in a message briefly before the message changes to the next one. VERY strange.

Yes I am seeing inverted colours as well, this is on a Nvidia GTX 970 with an LG Ultrawide monitor 2560x1080. I'm using the WebDriver-367.10.10.05b01.pkg.

Safe mode is fine, only when booting with the nvidia driver.

--- Edit 

When shutting/rebooting down, the screen reverts to normal colouring.

Edited by tarasis

Is there anybody else having trouble with setting Siri up? She's apologizing for trouble with connection, no clue what it is, here's a troubleshoot list of what I've already tried:

1 - Disable/Enable connection under System Preference
2 - Remove/Add connection
3 - Change DNS servers
4 - Reboot
5 - Disable/Enable Siri herself
6 - Update RTL drivers from 2.0 to 2.2

I'm sorry if I'm posting this to the wrong section I just think it doesn't deserve a thread of it's own but if an ADM thinks it should be put on a thread separately then I'll be more than happy to do it.

thanks

Is there anybody else having trouble with setting Siri up? She's apologizing for trouble with connection, no clue what it is, here's a troubleshoot list of what I've already tried:

1 - Disable/Enable connection under System Preference

2 - Remove/Add connection

3 - Change DNS servers

4 - Reboot

5 - Disable/Enable Siri herself

6 - Update RTL drivers from 2.0 to 2.2

I'm sorry if I'm posting this to the wrong section I just think it doesn't deserve a thread of it's own but if an ADM thinks it should be put on a thread separately then I'll be more than happy to do it.

thanks

This is completely off topic, has nothing to do with Nvidia web drivers and macOS 10.12

• Like 1

This is completely off topic, has nothing to do with Nvidia web drivers and macOS 10.12

if it's not asking too much would you make it into a thread of it's own, please? Otherwise just delete and I'll get the message, thanks.

BTW Public Beta 6 now available

post-580097-0-21749300-1471925862_thumb.png

MacPro 4,1 flashed to identify as 5,1. EVGA GTX970, not flashed.

I decided to bite the bullet on PB6, now on build 16A304a with "DP4 & PB3" version drivers from first post (later ones don't work). I'm seeing no visual errors or glitching (used RGB Venn seen at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RGB_color_model ). The later drivers simply gave me a black screen although I find it odd that they have the same MD5 hash (6771efaa5d2e4b42f949ff8f47b574ee). Nonetheless the later drivers weren't working, go figure.

EDIT: DP7 & PB6 driver pkg has same MD5 hash still. I've not been prompted to update and all still works so I'm not going to try installing the package.

The beta web driver has been updated to support the last build 16A304a (DP7 & PB6).

I deeply doubt there's a difference between all these beta driver releases but still.

Please, check the post #1.

Regards

• Like 2

Yes, my GTX 970 is working with Sierra beta 1- 6 (PB).

i am using iMac 14,2 and I got the nvidia drivers for PB5.. but when OSX boots there is no QE/CI and my card does not get detected. Also i have no resolution options, i tried changing a few SMBIOS's but no luck. Right now i am using my HD 530 on my i7 6700. It works fine.   I do not have Inject Nvidia selected also in my clover config... any thoughts?

That's basically what I explained in #170:) It's only happening on one of my displays (I have 2), which makes it even weirder. I've tried switching outputs/cables/etc between them, but it's always the same one… ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Works fine in safe mode, Windows, 10.11, etc…

Open The Monitor Panel and switch the resolution of the monitor in question and back and/or rotate it andback.

This will rewrite the stored settings and should solve your problem.

WOW HOLY {censored}!!! This works!!! <3 <3 <3

Edited by fantomas1
It's censored for a good reason.

No!? It's not working :D My computer stocks on booting and crashes on 10.12. How did you get running? I've an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6144 MB with flashed EFI.

I'm using a GTX 980 Ti with a Hackintosh (no need for flashed EFI). I just had to install the driver and it was working. I am injecting some device properties (mainly for cosmetics, NVIDIA Web Driver handles most of them), but I didn't need them to boot.

just to let everyone know I got my 970 working by reinstalling Clover and using the driver for the NVRAM support. After that i rebooted but still no qe/ci, so i went ahead and used the nvidia prefernce pane and selected nvidia web driver and rebooted. After reboot all 3 monitors came on and i have full QE/CI. also i did update to OS Sierra beta 6 all is well. I believe someone here mentioned that is needed and that was my problem. Thanks again!

just to let everyone know I got my 970 working by reinstalling Clover and using the driver for the NVRAM support. After that i rebooted but still no qe/ci, so i went ahead and used the nvidia prefernce pane and selected nvidia web driver and rebooted. After reboot all 3 monitors came on and i have full QE/CI. also i did update to OS Sierra beta 6 all is well. I believe someone here mentioned that is needed and that was my problem. Thanks again!

WHAT driver for NVRAM support? Can you be more specific please...