Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS Sierra (UPDATE Sept 27, 2019)

1,025 posts in this topic

Here is all my clover, i only deleted the sn-bsn-smuuid

this is my situation : 1 ssd with el capitan + sierra

Ok seems like you thought you was using the correct efi files, because you only had a few refi drivers in drivers32UEFI but in your drivers64UEFI you have this:

kA23MIs.png

You should remove the following and test:

CsmVideoDxe-64.efi

EmuVariableUefi-64.efi

DataHubDxe-64.efi

OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi

VBoxHfs-64.efi

Ok seems like you thought you was using the correct efi files, because you only had a few refi drivers in drivers32UEFI but in your drivers64UEFI you have this:

kA23MIs.png

CsmVideoDxe-64.efi

EmuVariableUefi-64.efi

DataHubDxe-64.efi

OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi

VBoxHfs-64.efi

He should never remove OsxAptionFix2Drv running non gigabyte motherboard it will entirely break the bootloader.

CsmVideoDxe-64.efi

EmuVariableUefi-64.efi

DataHubDxe-64.efi

OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi

VBoxHfs-64.efi

He should never remove OsxAptionFix2Drv running non gigabyte motherboard it will entirely break the bootloader.

@Pavo : without DataHubDxe-64.efi i can't see any 'mac' at boot, only windows. I tried with :

- VBoxHfs-64.efi

- PartitionDxe-64.efi

- OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi

- OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi

- FSInject-64.efi

But still remaining the nvram prob.

I think isn't a clover problem...

@Doublepranks i run an Asus Z97i (Mini Itx)

What's that ? Im using "OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi" not "2" and it's pretty much not breaking anything (MSI-Z97).

What's that ? Im using "OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi" not "2" and it's pretty much not breaking anything (MSI-Z97).

You can either use one or the other just the matter you have at least one of them. V2 is a simplified version of the first one.

It has to do with Aptio Bioses support for Clover, be my guest try and remove this, you'll be stuck at boot.

@Pavo : without DataHubDxe-64.efi i can't see any 'mac' at boot, only windows. I tried with :

- VBoxHfs-64.efi

- PartitionDxe-64.efi

- OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi

- OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi

- FSInject-64.efi

Try disabling EmuVariableUEFI - don't think you need it with most EFI boards...

@Pavo : without DataHubDxe-64.efi i can't see any 'mac' at boot, only windows. I tried with :

- VBoxHfs-64.efi

- PartitionDxe-64.efi

- OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi

- OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi

- FSInject-64.efi

Try using PartitionDxe-64.efi instead of DataHubDxe-64.efi

That's weird... I am using driver 367.10.10.05b01 (the latest, and the same driver released for PB3) on PB4 (16A286a) with no issue... I wonder why you guys are having issues and are seeing new drivers...

Public Beta build (mine) is 16A284a, I think 16A286a is the Developer Preview build. Using the "DP4 & PB3" drivers work for me, the "DP5 & PB4" driver doesn't.

How curious! I'm definitely running public beta, 16A286a, but it wouldn't be too surprising if Apple released different revisions (maybe different revisions for different SMBIOS?).

post-644221-0-05576500-1471235802_thumb.jpg

I just downloaded both versions of the driver from the front page, unpacked them and:

claes2:~ claes$ diff -r /Users/claes/Downloads/WebDriver-367.10.10.05b01.16A270f /Users/claes/Downloads/WebDriver-367.10.10.05b01.16A286a
claes2:~ claes$ diff /Users/claes/Downloads/WebDriver-367.10.10.05b01.16A270f /Users/claes/Downloads/WebDriver-367.10.10.05b01.16A286a
Common subdirectories: /Users/claes/Downloads/WebDriver-367.10.10.05b01.16A270f/1.5-81-367.10.10.05b01-NVWebDrivers and /Users/claes/Downloads/WebDriver-367.10.10.05b01.16A286a/1.5-81-367.10.10.05b01-NVWebDrivers
Common subdirectories: /Users/claes/Downloads/WebDriver-367.10.10.05b01.16A270f/NVPrefPane and /Users/claes/Downloads/WebDriver-367.10.10.05b01.16A286a/NVPrefPane
claes2:~ claes$ diff -qr /Users/claes/Downloads/WebDriver-367.10.10.05b01.16A270f /Users/claes/Downloads/WebDriver-367.10.10.05b01.16A286a
claes2:~ claes$

The difference, if one exists (diff says there is none), between the driver revisions shouldn't matter as they're both prepared for "16A" in general according to NVDAStartupWeb.kext (both have same GetInfoString and ShortVersion, too):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>BuildMachineOSBuild</key>
	<string>11A511</string>
	<key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>
	<string>English</string>
	<key>CFBundleExecutable</key>
	<string>NVDAStartupWeb</string>
	<key>CFBundleGetInfoString</key>
	<string>NVDAStartupWeb 10.13.59 (367.10.10.05b01)</string>
	<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
	<string>com.nvidia.NVDAStartupWeb</string>
	<key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>
	<string>6.0</string>
	<key>CFBundleName</key>
	<key>CFBundlePackageType</key>
	<string>KEXT</string>
	<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>
	<string>10.13.59</string>
	<key>CFBundleSignature</key>
	<string>????</string>
	<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
	<string>10.1.3</string>
	<key>IOKitPersonalities</key>
	<dict>
		<key>NVDAStartup</key>
		<dict>
			<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
			<string>com.nvidia.NVDAStartupWeb</string>
			<key>IOClass</key>
			<key>IOMatchCategory</key>
			<string>IOFramebuffer</string>
			<key>IOPCIClassMatch</key>
			<string>0x03000000&0xff000000</string>
			<key>IOPCIMatch</key>
			<string>0x000010de&0x0000ffff</string>
			<key>IOProbeScore</key>
			<integer>200000</integer>
			<key>IOProviderClass</key>
			<string>IOPCIDevice</string>
			<key>NVDARequiredOS</key>
			<string>16A</string>
			<key>NVDAType</key>
			<string>Web</string>
		</dict>
	</dict>
	<key>OSBundleLibraries</key>
	<dict>
		<key>com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily</key>
		<string>1.0b1</string>
		<key>com.apple.kpi.iokit</key>
		<string>7.0</string>
		<key>com.apple.kpi.libkern</key>
		<string>8.0d0</string>
	</dict>
	<key>OSBundleRequired</key>
	<string>Safe Boot</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Wonder what could've broke for so many of you between the two revisions...

How curious! I'm definitely running public beta, 

BOTH 16A284a and 16A284a are BETAS!

To Be CLEAR:

160284A is Public Beta 4

160286A is Developer Preview 5.

For those of us with GTX 750 Ti Cards it seems that the latest drivers will load for the Developer Preview but there are a lot of issues, They will not load however on The Public Beta and on reboot default or Mac OSX drivers 

To Be CLEAR:

160284A is Public Beta 4

For those of us with GTX 750 Ti Cards it seems that the latest drivers will load for the Developer Preview but there are a lot of issues, They will not load however on The Public Beta and on reboot default or Mac OSX drivers 

I'm not a developer, I'm running a public beta :

Beta 10.12 (16A286a)

• Like 1

Interesting thing: my secondary monitor got screwed up colors after the 10.12 update. Worked fine in 10.11, works fine in W10… Tried a different cable, different port from the graphics card… Other monitor works just fine (in both ports and with both cables). Weeeeirdest thing. Basically, blues are yellows, yellows are blues, and reds are blues too… It's like my red channel got screwed up! :X SOO WEIRD! I tried checking the accessibility option to invert colors, but it's not it: whites and blacks are not inverted. I also tried switching to a different color profile… No help!

Any idea? Anybody running into similar issues?

PS: When booting with nv_disable=1 (aka no Nvidia driver), colors are perfectly fine! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

IMG_1058.jpg

To Be CLEAR:

160284A is Public Beta 4

Source? As you can see from my screenshot, Mac App Store says I've downloaded the public beta.

I am aware of there being a difference between the developer and public betas, but my post was more concerned with the fact that some PB4 users are having issues with PB4/DP5* drivers that they weren't having with PB3, while it appears that the drivers are identical between PB3/DP4 and PB4/DP5 (well, at least the drivers linked to by the OP). It would not seem related to the OS as these cards didn't work without the drivers in any case, which makes me curious as to where these issues are occurring (in non-NVRAM cases where a user's card was working in PB3/DP4, at least).

*I am also aware that these are likely different revisions, just want to connote that the nvidia driver release is the same for both the developer and public betas that were released together. :)

To Be CLEAR:

160284A is Public Beta 4

I am with 750ti and the default is always web drivers, i had problem with glitches and it was fixed by enabling reduce transparency under system pref->accessibility 

I can watch youtube / MKV etc. but not working with editing SW like resolve and others that using CUDA because CUDA still not working in 10.12

Any luck with Pascal support?

It's not a new version that released from nvidia, so basically no. Mods should clearly express that they are patching same version in order to making current driver compatible with new os builds. It can prevent misleadings.

They're not patching the same version. It is the same version.

I downloaded the "latest" driver from the link in the first post a little earlier and compared it to the one I downloaded two weeks ago. It's the exact same pkg file. The hashes match.

• Like 3

I downloaded the "latest" driver from the link in the first post a little earlier and compared it to the one I downloaded two weeks ago. It's the exact same pkg file. The hashes match.

I didn't even think of doing that! Thanks.

Which begs the question why so many PB3 users are having troubles with PB4...
  • Like 1