Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS Sierra (UPDATE 07/21/2017)

nvidia web driver updates macOS Sierra

• Please log in to reply
1001 replies to this topic

RickPusa

RickPusa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

@ polyzargone

OK, since I am wondering if we are talking about a native Mac vs a PC box running Mac OS (has happened before)

I have the Mac Pro (mid 2012) 5.1 Apple manufactured computer running OS 10.12.6 (beta 16G24b) with native Radeon 5770 1 GB video.

The System Profiler does not see anything but the 5770. So I am guessing the 1050 video card is not really directly compatible.

When I first got the card I had already installed the NVIDIA CUDA System Preference. I installed the card after removing the 5770. Powered Mac Pro on, nothing.

Had an older Radeon card from my older Mac Pro (1.1 2006) I put into the next PCIE slot up, computer booted, only the Radeon card seen.

Shut down, removed cards. Installed the 5770 in first slot, the 1050 into the second slot (an allowed configuration). Still only he 5770 was available.

Went through all the stuff here, thanks again.

Checked Apple's communities, verified that this Mac Pro can handle two 5770s or 5770 plus non-power needing cards. Has two 16x PCIE slots for video use.

-- So, I would love to provide what you ask for, but I need to know where it is as there is no CLOVER folder and the only hits I get for clover are in WoW Add Ons (lol).

polyzargone

polyzargone

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

OK, since I am wondering if we are talking about a native Mac vs a PC box running Mac OS (has happened before)

And happened again :lol: !

So I see now why it's not working. You have to disable SIP on a real Mac. You can check its status with this command (obviously, it will be set to enabled) :

csrutil status

Which should return :

MacBook-Air:~ polyzargone$ csrutil status
System Integrity Protection status: enabled.
MacBook-Air:~ polyzargone$

All you have to do is reboot on the Recovery HD partition and open terminal in Utilities then type :

csrutil disable

Now, you should be able to fix owners/permissions using Kext Wizard, Kext Utility or commands I posted above and that sould allow the modded NVDAStartupWeb.kext to load ;).

raisinbraun

raisinbraun

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

@ polyzargone

I have the Mac Pro (mid 2012) 5.1 Apple manufactured computer running OS 10.12.6 (beta 16G24b) with native Radeon 5770 1 GB video.

The System Profiler does not see anything but the 5770. So I am guessing the 1050 video card is not really directly compatible.

When I first got the card I had already installed the NVIDIA CUDA System Preference. I installed the card after removing the 5770. Powered Mac Pro on, nothing.

Had an older Radeon card from my older Mac Pro (1.1 2006) I put into the next PCIE slot up, computer booted, only the Radeon card seen.

Shut down, removed cards. Installed the 5770 in first slot, the 1050 into the second slot (an allowed configuration). Still only he 5770 was available.

Went through all the stuff here, thanks again.

Checked Apple's communities, verified that this Mac Pro can handle two 5770s or 5770 plus non-power needing cards. Has two 16x PCIE slots for video use.

-- So, I would love to provide what you ask for, but I need to know where it is as there is no CLOVER folder and the only hits I get for clover are in WoW Add Ons (lol).

@rickpusa - I think we're having similar issues, but I want to start from the beginning. I have an Apple Mac Pro 5,1 with the original GeForce CT 120 and a new EVGA GeForce 1050 Ti 4GB that I'm trying to get setup. I have both installed. Booting with the old card connected, I installed the latest Nvidia web drivers (378.05.05.15f01.pkg) and everything looks good. My system even recognizes the card as "Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti" in Slot 1, alongside the old card in Slot 2. But if I reboot with the Apple LED display connected via Displayport (with MDP adapter), or old Samsung 1080p monitor connected to HDMI, I see nothing, and it never displays anything, and next time I reboot with the cables connected back to the original old GPU, my machine goes into recovery mode. Uploading a few screenshots of my system to clarity.

This forum is mad complicated. Can somebody please tell me what I need to do to boot successfully with this new card? Disable SIP? 

Thank you!

arsradu

arsradu

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 1,429 posts

There is no driver for 10.12.6 yet, right?

Just wanted to confirm so that I don't start updating until there is. :D Otherwise, it's gonna suck.

cyberdevs

cyberdevs

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 2,405 posts

There is no driver for 10.12.6 yet, right?

Just wanted to confirm so that I don't start updating until there is. :D Otherwise, it's gonna suck.

No, not yet, but I'm gonna give the patched version a try later and see how it performs.

dieguitwow

dieguitwow

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

No, not yet, but I'm gonna give the patched version a try later and see how it performs.

what patched version? I updated and forgot about the "matching os version" on the installer so.. replying to Arsradu, it sucks. no video working now, AGAIN.

arsradu

arsradu

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 1,429 posts

what patched version? I updated and forgot about the "matching os version" on the installer so.. replying to Arsradu, it sucks. no video working now, AGAIN.

i feel for you, man. :) I'm still waiting for the official driver.

As for the "patched version", I'm assuming the guys are talking about the Nvidia Driver updater app from here.

Never used it for that, but for as far as I can understand, it has the ability to patch your current webdriver, so that it "thinks" it's for the correct OS build version. Give it a try. You've got nothing to lose. I don't think it can get worse than it already is. :))) Wouldn't wanna bet on THAT...but..you know, you can always try.

And if you fail, we're here to help. Or at least try.... :)

cyberdevs

cyberdevs

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 2,405 posts

Exactly what @arsradi explained is correct.

You can take a look here: http://www.insanelym...-out/?p=2466409

dieguitwow

dieguitwow

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

i feel for you, man. :) I'm still waiting for the official driver.

As for the "patched version", I'm assuming the guys are talking about the Nvidia Driver updater app from here.

Never used it for that, but for as far as I can understand, it has the ability to patch your current webdriver, so that it "thinks" it's for the correct OS build version. Give it a try. You've got nothing to lose. I don't think it can get worse than it already is. :))) Wouldn't wanna bet on THAT...but..you know, you can always try.

And if you fail, we're here to help. Or at least try.... :)

Hey, I looked for that patched version and did that from a post on another forum that I won't ever say the name again haha.
But I'm now with the web drivers working :) so if you want to try. it works (at least on my hackintosh)

Thanks for the reply tho

arsradu

arsradu

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 1,429 posts

Hey, I looked for that patched version and did that from a post on another forum that I won't ever say the name again haha.
But I'm now with the web drivers working :) so if you want to try. it works (at least on my hackintosh)

Thanks for the reply tho

You're welcome :) The forum which shall not be named is very well known in fact, by everyone. But yeah, these are the rules. :)

Glad you managed to fix it!

RickPusa

RickPusa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Two things...

1) today 10.12.6 non-beta was released. Appears stable from what I have been able to see so far.

2) After discussions elsewhere about the GTX 1050 Ti card I had (note, 'had') I decided that I would return it. That is done. Main reasoning was a second discussion with eVGA tech support which indicated that their version of the 1050, not that old per that person, uses uEFI, not EFI for boot loader.

3) Found a NVIDIA GTX 780 3GB board for a reasonable price, ordered that. It is listed as Mac ready. So I would guess problem solved.

I should know tomorrow, as that is when the card is to arrive.

But of note for what it is worth. The uEFI boot loader might work with a flashing, they were not certain since they do not test on Macs. If it were simply EFI then what @polyzargonne provided would have helped.

@raisinbraun I do hope you can get your 1050 Ti going. Maybe with the official release today of 10.12.6 Sierra the 'official' WebKit driver will work and then your card will display.

Badruzeus

Badruzeus

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • Interests:Graphics Design.

Not so long to wait, update b4 it's too late ;)

New Nvidia WebDriver-378.05.05.25f01 for macOS Sierra 10.12.6 (16G29) is available Here.

dreamcat4

dreamcat4

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Just upgraded to 10.12.6, and the above ^ Nvidia WebDriver-378.05.05.25f01... was not the *smoothest* software update I've ever experienced... but it all seems ok and fine enough in the end. BTW Also reports are that 10.12.6 now accepts iMac 18,[1,2,3] hardware profile in SMBIOS wizard of Clover Configuratior... (though that is nothing to do with these NVIDIA drivers).

Anyhow I see above here some talk about retesting webkit? Sorry I don't know how to test for webkit. But I can say it seems now the @ Apple logo is correctly restored in the corner of Safari. Not anymore some strange or corrupted unicode glytph [] symbol :)... It will be nice to see if any other graphics glitches dont come back. Actually I can still see remains the black rectangle in menubar glitch. Which is still there. Not gone away yet. But its not appear too much, so is tolerable / not too bad.

Anyhow I was trying also to bench nvidia GPU very recently... but unfortunately all the benchmark tools I found were based on OpenGL and OpenCL entirely. BUT! Then I come across this list here:

https://forums.macru...-games.2045606/

Which is supposed to be all metal games. Looks good to me! But unfortunately dont have any time yet to properly check any of them out myself. So it would be great (if any you guys want to try them out / already familiar with some games on this list?)...

THen we can find out properly which of these games are the best ones for benchmarking metal. And to re-test the situation for future NVIDIA webdriver updates. Maybe we can refine this list with our own notes and experiences. Or simply just re-order this list from best --> worst. [Purely in terms of just benchmarking for metal API performance, and find the ones that a most *easy* / fast to benchmark.]   :) 

Looking forward to it. :thumbsup_anim:

andreiafurbeis

andreiafurbeis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hi all , I have a problem with my installation. I have a Asrock z87 extreme 6 motherboard with an i7 4770k and a gtx 1070 ,  have installed macOS Sierra 10.12.5 , all the necessary kext and the last Nvidia web driver ... but I have this problem and I can't resolve , I have search in google (with no result because I don't know what to search ahah) but I need your help. Thank you for the response

I have this problem in all System application , like Safari , iBooks , Xcode etc etc

http://it.tinypic.co...=9#.WXUD2cZaYxw

arsradu

arsradu

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 1,429 posts

Hi all , I have a problem with my installation. I have a Asrock z87 extreme 6 motherboard with an i7 4770k and a gtx 1070 ,  have installed macOS Sierra 10.12.5 , all the necessary kext and the last Nvidia web driver ... but I have this problem and I can't resolve , I have search in google (with no result because I don't know what to search ahah) but I need your help. Thank you for the response

I have this problem in all System application , like Safari , iBooks , Xcode etc etc

http://it.tinypic.co...=9#.WXUD2cZaYxw

Well, at a first glance, I would say your GTX 1070 has some issues. Is this a new card?

Also, is this the first Hackintosh build using this card? Have you tried the same card with other builds? Does it occur with the default MacOS driver? Yes, you won't have acceleration. But I'm not sure that's relevant in this case. At least, it's worth trying.

andreiafurbeis

andreiafurbeis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I used this card also in Windows and I have no issue , this is the second mackintosh I do with this card and I'm sure I have this problem also with the older installation (some try in an old HD) , but after few days of use I don't have see this problem anymore ... after I do the second installation (now in the SSD) I see this problem reappearing , and I have wait a month but the problem persist and in some new program I hate this glitch 

For example in iBooks I have all the "bar" infected , but in safari I have only the apple logo (in the left upper corner in the menu bar) and all the icon of the browser , like "download" "next page" etc etc

TheRacerMaster

TheRacerMaster

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

I used this card also in Windows and I have no issue , this is the second mackintosh I do with this card and I'm sure I have this problem also with the older installation (some try in an old HD) , but after few days of use I don't have see this problem anymore ... after I do the second installation (now in the SSD) I see this problem reappearing , and I have wait a month but the problem persist and in some new program I hate this glitch 

For example in iBooks I have all the "bar" infected , but in safari I have only the apple logo (in the left upper corner in the menu bar) and all the icon of the browser , like "download" "next page" etc etc

https://github.com/m...DriverLibValFix

andreiafurbeis

andreiafurbeis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

PERFECT !! Thank you so much !! I finally have my 4k hackintosh fully working ! 

Sherlocks

Sherlocks

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,411 posts

Not so long to wait, update b4 it's too late ;)
New Nvidia WebDriver-378.05.05.25f01 for macOS Sierra 10.12.6 (16G29) is available Here.

Cant Your laptop use hd 3000? Only work ndivia?

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Retired
  • 3,142 posts

There are already METAL benchmark tools available!

One big + good : GFXBench Metal (also OpenGL version available): https://gfxbench.com/benchmark.jsp   Both real good (games realted) and benches deep and long (takes a few minutes).
for me much better than the Unique (heaven,...) benches. Has also an big database to compare your results to others. The only bad: huge download compared to other, smaller benches.

Anyhow I was trying also to bench nvidia GPU very recently... but unfortunately all the benchmark tools I found were based on OpenGL and OpenCL entirely. BUT! Then I come across this list here:

https://forums.macru...-games.2045606/

Which is supposed to be all metal games. Looks good to me! But unfortunately dont have any time yet to properly check any of them out myself. So it would be great (if any you guys want to try them out / already familiar with some games on this list?)...

THen we can find out properly which of these games are the best ones for benchmarking metal. And to re-test the situation for future NVIDIA webdriver updates. Maybe we can refine this list with our own notes and experiences. Or simply just re-order this list from best --> worst. [Purely in terms of just benchmarking for metal API performance, and find the ones that a most *easy* / fast to benchmark.]   :)

Looking forward to it. :thumbsup_anim:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nvidia web driver, updates, macOS, Sierra

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy