Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS Sierra (UPDATE Sept 27, 2019)

1,025 posts in this topic

There is no driver for 10.12.6 yet, right?

Just wanted to confirm so that I don't start updating until there is. :D Otherwise, it's gonna suck.

No, not yet, but I'm gonna give the patched version a try later and see how it performs.

• Like 1

No, not yet, but I'm gonna give the patched version a try later and see how it performs.

what patched version? I updated and forgot about the "matching os version" on the installer so.. replying to Arsradu, it sucks. no video working now, AGAIN.

what patched version? I updated and forgot about the "matching os version" on the installer so.. replying to Arsradu, it sucks. no video working now, AGAIN.

i feel for you, man. :) I'm still waiting for the official driver.

As for the "patched version", I'm assuming the guys are talking about the Nvidia Driver updater app from here.

Never used it for that, but for as far as I can understand, it has the ability to patch your current webdriver, so that it "thinks" it's for the correct OS build version. Give it a try. You've got nothing to lose. I don't think it can get worse than it already is. :))) Wouldn't wanna bet on THAT...but..you know, you can always try.

And if you fail, we're here to help. Or at least try.... :)

• Like 2

Exactly what @arsradi explained is correct.

You can take a look here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/325430-macos-sierra-10126-final-is-out/?p=2466409

• Like 1

i feel for you, man. :) I'm still waiting for the official driver.

As for the "patched version", I'm assuming the guys are talking about the Nvidia Driver updater app from here.

Never used it for that, but for as far as I can understand, it has the ability to patch your current webdriver, so that it "thinks" it's for the correct OS build version. Give it a try. You've got nothing to lose. I don't think it can get worse than it already is. :))) Wouldn't wanna bet on THAT...but..you know, you can always try.

And if you fail, we're here to help. Or at least try.... :)

Hey, I looked for that patched version and did that from a post on another forum that I won't ever say the name again haha.

But I'm now with the web drivers working :) so if you want to try. it works (at least on my hackintosh)

Thanks for the reply tho

Hey, I looked for that patched version and did that from a post on another forum that I won't ever say the name again haha.

But I'm now with the web drivers working :) so if you want to try. it works (at least on my hackintosh)

Thanks for the reply tho

You're welcome :) The forum which shall not be named is very well known in fact, by everyone. But yeah, these are the rules. :)

Glad you managed to fix it!

Two things...

1) today 10.12.6 non-beta was released. Appears stable from what I have been able to see so far.

2) After discussions elsewhere about the GTX 1050 Ti card I had (note, 'had') I decided that I would return it. That is done. Main reasoning was a second discussion with eVGA tech support which indicated that their version of the 1050, not that old per that person, uses uEFI, not EFI for boot loader.

3) Found a NVIDIA GTX 780 3GB board for a reasonable price, ordered that. It is listed as Mac ready. So I would guess problem solved.

I should know tomorrow, as that is when the card is to arrive.

But of note for what it is worth. The uEFI boot loader might work with a flashing, they were not certain since they do not test on Macs. If it were simply EFI then what @polyzargonne provided would have helped.

@raisinbraun I do hope you can get your 1050 Ti going. Maybe with the official release today of 10.12.6 Sierra the 'official' WebKit driver will work and then your card will display.

Just upgraded to 10.12.6, and the above ^ Nvidia WebDriver-378.05.05.25f01... was not the *smoothest* software update I've ever experienced... but it all seems ok and fine enough in the end. BTW Also reports are that 10.12.6 now accepts iMac 18,[1,2,3] hardware profile in SMBIOS wizard of Clover Configuratior... (though that is nothing to do with these NVIDIA drivers).

Anyhow I see above here some talk about retesting webkit? Sorry I don't know how to test for webkit. But I can say it seems now the @ Apple logo is correctly restored in the corner of Safari. Not anymore some strange or corrupted unicode glytph [] symbol :)... It will be nice to see if any other graphics glitches dont come back. Actually I can still see remains the black rectangle in menubar glitch. Which is still there. Not gone away yet. But its not appear too much, so is tolerable / not too bad.

Anyhow I was trying also to bench nvidia GPU very recently... but unfortunately all the benchmark tools I found were based on OpenGL and OpenCL entirely. BUT! Then I come across this list here:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/list-of-mac-metal-games.2045606/

Which is supposed to be all metal games. Looks good to me! But unfortunately dont have any time yet to properly check any of them out myself. So it would be great (if any you guys want to try them out / already familiar with some games on this list?)...

THen we can find out properly which of these games are the best ones for benchmarking metal. And to re-test the situation for future NVIDIA webdriver updates. Maybe we can refine this list with our own notes and experiences. Or simply just re-order this list from best --> worst. [Purely in terms of just benchmarking for metal API performance, and find the ones that a most *easy* / fast to benchmark.]   :) 

Looking forward to it. :thumbsup_anim:

Hi all , I have a problem with my installation. I have a Asrock z87 extreme 6 motherboard with an i7 4770k and a gtx 1070 ,  have installed macOS Sierra 10.12.5 , all the necessary kext and the last Nvidia web driver ... but I have this problem and I can't resolve , I have search in google (with no result because I don't know what to search ahah) but I need your help. Thank you for the response

I have this problem in all System application , like Safari , iBooks , Xcode etc etc

http://it.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=qzje2t&s=9#.WXUD2cZaYxw

Hi all , I have a problem with my installation. I have a Asrock z87 extreme 6 motherboard with an i7 4770k and a gtx 1070 ,  have installed macOS Sierra 10.12.5 , all the necessary kext and the last Nvidia web driver ... but I have this problem and I can't resolve , I have search in google (with no result because I don't know what to search ahah) but I need your help. Thank you for the response

I have this problem in all System application , like Safari , iBooks , Xcode etc etc

http://it.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=qzje2t&s=9#.WXUD2cZaYxw

Well, at a first glance, I would say your GTX 1070 has some issues. Is this a new card?

Also, is this the first Hackintosh build using this card? Have you tried the same card with other builds? Does it occur with the default MacOS driver? Yes, you won't have acceleration. But I'm not sure that's relevant in this case. At least, it's worth trying.

• Like 1

I used this card also in Windows and I have no issue , this is the second mackintosh I do with this card and I'm sure I have this problem also with the older installation (some try in an old HD) , but after few days of use I don't have see this problem anymore ... after I do the second installation (now in the SSD) I see this problem reappearing , and I have wait a month but the problem persist and in some new program I hate this glitch 

For example in iBooks I have all the "bar" infected , but in safari I have only the apple logo (in the left upper corner in the menu bar) and all the icon of the browser , like "download" "next page" etc etc

I used this card also in Windows and I have no issue , this is the second mackintosh I do with this card and I'm sure I have this problem also with the older installation (some try in an old HD) , but after few days of use I don't have see this problem anymore ... after I do the second installation (now in the SSD) I see this problem reappearing , and I have wait a month but the problem persist and in some new program I hate this glitch 

For example in iBooks I have all the "bar" infected , but in safari I have only the apple logo (in the left upper corner in the menu bar) and all the icon of the browser , like "download" "next page" etc etc

https://github.com/mologie/NVWebDriverLibValFix

• Like 4

There are already METAL benchmark tools available!

One big + good : GFXBench Metal (also OpenGL version available): https://gfxbench.com/benchmark.jsp   Both real good (games realted) and benches deep and long (takes a few minutes).
for me much better than the Unique (heaven,...) benches. Has also an big database to compare your results to others. The only bad: huge download compared to other, smaller benches.

Anyhow I was trying also to bench nvidia GPU very recently... but unfortunately all the benchmark tools I found were based on OpenGL and OpenCL entirely. BUT! Then I come across this list here:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/list-of-mac-metal-games.2045606/

Which is supposed to be all metal games. Looks good to me! But unfortunately dont have any time yet to properly check any of them out myself. So it would be great (if any you guys want to try them out / already familiar with some games on this list?)...

THen we can find out properly which of these games are the best ones for benchmarking metal. And to re-test the situation for future NVIDIA webdriver updates. Maybe we can refine this list with our own notes and experiences. Or simply just re-order this list from best --> worst. [Purely in terms of just benchmarking for metal API performance, and find the ones that a most *easy* / fast to benchmark.]   :)

Looking forward to it. :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

One question:

I am still on 10.12.4, do I have to update to 10.12.6 to use the recent nvidia web driver?

Yes you do, each web driver that nVidia publishes is for a specific macOS build so if you want to have the latest web driver you'll need to have the latest macOS update installed.

for 16G29 build (10.12.6) you'll need WebDriver-378.05.05.25f01

• Like 1

This is a god send, thank you so much!

One question: will that kext work with injection, i.e. can it reside in /EFI/clover/kexts/... ? Would be great if that would work - because then, SIP could be fully enabled. (Of course only if all other hack specific / unsigned kexts can be injected as well - which is possible at last with my config)

I don't understand. With my GTX1080 HDMI is working with 4K @60Hz. But Sound is still broken with new Webdriver. (DisplayPort & HDMI)

Hi everyone.

HDMI is working 4k@60Hz without any patches?

I read that MacOS does not recognize HDMI 2.0. Then in El Cap there was a patch that made it work, but it was not working on Sierra. Was this issue solved?

I didn't find anything about this getting solved, only about people getting Club3d adapters, which in Brazil are insanely expensive. 

I have a 4K TV as monitor, it doesn't have DisplayPort.  

Hi guys,

turns out everything works fine here with webdrivers, 1050ti and sierra 10.12.6.  The only problem left: The system profiler only shows 256MB vram. luxmark otherwise states 2048MB, which is correct. 

Does the device now really use 2GB and those 256MB is just a cosmetic problem?

My 1080 Ti is working with 10.12.6, but HDMI audio isn't working, unfortunately. I've run the toleda script and it says it is enabled, but it still doesn't work. Used to work fine on my old 980 ti.

Using a DisplayPort -> HDMI adapter on the 3rd port of the card I can get HDMI audio working, but I lose 4k resolution (forces 1080p). Very odd. So my choices are 4k or audio. Can't have both.