Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS Sierra (UPDATE Sept 27, 2019)

1,025 posts in this topic

:thumbsup_anim: 

Cheers all! Launched!

Yes all due to nvram.plist errors.

Thank you   @ROBASEFR

But I put a system from scratch on a blank disk, the error came from a nearby drive.

Step by step NVRAM plist tutorial plz.

It seems to be the Nvidia Web driver are a little buggy at the moment. HDMI/Displayport Audio is working only on some systems, on others there is no go. Then the OpenCL Part seems to be buggy too. Luxmark 3.1 with complex scene is giving me around 50 point (GTX1080) normally it should be about 3000. ^^

Step by step NVRAM plist tutorial plz.

I'm sorry, but I don't use Clover: I have a server. There is no identical systems in nature-all individually.

You need to understand your computer-that he needed.

I'm all work through (smbios end kext).

I know it's very early, but is there a way to make the latest Web Driver work in High Sierra?

Most likely not based on history (new kernel, windowserver, etc). and I can confirm that VR won't work under 10.12.5 using a 1080 & the HTC Vive with the current web drivers. Looks like direct rendering is a High Sierra feature and indirect rendering is not working at this time. :-(

I have had the same black screen bug with my GTX680.  I am using a quo motherboard with what i have confirmed is the latest BIOS installed.  Up until now i have just been using the built in driver and it's been fine but for some reason the 10.12.5 upgrade made my graphics card stop functioning.  I tried installing the NVIDIA web driver and disabling nvidia injection in defaults.plist but no luck.  Do you guys have any suggestions?  I was thinking of upgrading my graphics card anyway, is it possible that GTX 680 is just too old for the 10.12.5 web driver?  Has anyone else successfully used it with a GTX680? 

• 2 weeks later...

I have had the same black screen bug with my GTX680.  I am using a quo motherboard with what i have confirmed is the latest BIOS installed.  Up until now i have just been using the built in driver and it's been fine but for some reason the 10.12.5 upgrade made my graphics card stop functioning.  I tried installing the NVIDIA web driver and disabling nvidia injection in defaults.plist but no luck.  Do you guys have any suggestions?  I was thinking of upgrading my graphics card anyway, is it possible that GTX 680 is just too old for the 10.12.5 web driver?  Has anyone else successfully used it with a GTX680? 

My GTX-680 is working at both 10.12.x and 10.13.beta2 with native OS X drivers.

I boot with nvda_drv=0 by Enoch 2883/2885.

For Nvidia Web Driver you should install the newest version for 10.12.5 if you want to enable it by Enoch 2883 or Clover 409x.

Hi guys,

I recently decided to delve into Hackintoshinginging again and installed Sierra.  I'm using a GTX 1080 and with the latest web drivers everything works ok except I am getting the black box flickering in menu bar thing. 

I am guessing this is something to do with the transparency?  I am just testing with 'reduce transparency' enabled in Accessibility.  I wouldn't actually mind having the menu bar fully opaque anyway; just wish enabling 'reduce transparency' didn't kill ALL transparency, like in the dock. 

Any ideas?  Thanks. 

EDIT: 'reduce transparency' makes no difference :o/