Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS Sierra (UPDATE Sept 27, 2019)

1,025 posts in this topic

hi guys. strange problem here. I had this issue even with my old build, z170 + 6700k + 980 ti (with Sierra Mac OS)

now I am on z270, 7700k, gtx 1080 and obviously Sierra.

I have a 4k monitor connected to display port and a epson projector connected to hdmi port. as soon as I turn on the projector, I have a black screen in both "monitors" and I have to reset my hack.

the only way to have both monitor and projector working is this:

-first turn on projector

-then turn on hackintosh

when I have black screen I tried to unplug and re plug display port and hdmi cable, but this is not working.

in other threads I remember that a possible fix was to enable csm in bios. I tried it but it didn't help.

is someone here who can help me?

thank you

I'm using iMac 17,1 smbios with lilu + Nvidiagraphicsfixup.

same situation using iMac 14,2

solution, in my case, found.

i have to turn on my projector with cable pulled off from my hack. when the projector is on, I can plug it into my hdmi port and everything is working.

if I turn on projector with cable connected, I have black screen to both my monitor and my projector.

hope it helps.

Issues with underscan when trying to run at my monitor's native resolution of: 3440 x 1440 @ 100hz, via displayport. Screen is underscaled, running with black borders.

System:

Gigabyte Aorus Z270X Gaming 7

Intel Core i7 i7700K

Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti Xtreme

I had previously had a working build by installing the latest NVIDIA web drivers, and the 3440x1440 and 100hz options showed up, and worked, filling my screen properly. I remember late last night hooking up my 1080p/60z projector via HDMI and trying out some dual-screen options, which were working great. At one point, I accidentally hit "overscan", and since then, that option has disappeared, and I'm running with underscan (black borders).

What I've tried:

- Uninstalling and reinstalling NVIDIA Web Drivers (via the pref pane, uninstall option).

- Deleting the com.apple.coregraphics.plst file and then uninstalling/re-installing NVIDIA Web Drivers

- Installing pixel clock patch, and then uninstalling that

- Installing CUDA, then uninstalling CUDA

- All of the above in various combinations.

No matter what I try, the best I can get my screen is either a crappy lower resolution, but at least it is properly scaled (no black bars) OR I can get 3440x1440 but only at 60hz, and with underscaling (Black borders).

Any ideas?

Issues with underscan when trying to run at my monitor's native resolution of: 3440 x 1440 @ 100hz, via displayport. Screen is underscaled, running with black borders.

System:

Gigabyte Aorus Z270X Gaming 7

Intel Core i7 i7700K

Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti Xtreme

I had previously had a working build by installing the latest NVIDIA web drivers, and the 3440x1440 and 100hz options showed up, and worked, filling my screen properly. I remember late last night hooking up my 1080p/60z projector via HDMI and trying out some dual-screen options, which were working great. At one point, I accidentally hit "overscan", and since then, that option has disappeared, and I'm running with underscan (black borders).

What I've tried:

- Uninstalling and reinstalling NVIDIA Web Drivers (via the pref pane, uninstall option).

- Deleting the com.apple.coregraphics.plst file and then uninstalling/re-installing NVIDIA Web Drivers

- Installing pixel clock patch, and then uninstalling that

- Installing CUDA, then uninstalling CUDA

- All of the above in various combinations.

No matter what I try, the best I can get my screen is either a crappy lower resolution, but at least it is properly scaled (no black bars) OR I can get 3440x1440 but only at 60hz, and with underscaling (Black borders).

Any ideas?

FWIW, I used patch-edid.rb which solved the underscan/black border issue. Although there are a few remaining issues:

- My refresh rate locked at 60hz, and the box is greyed out, so I don't know how to get it back to 100hz (my monitor's native refresh rate).

- I have to enable nvda-drv=1, otherwise I don't have the option of 3440x1440 (my monitor's native resolution), but I thought this was supposed to be disabled for NVIDIA web drivers to work (with pascal cards)?

- My screen is a tiny bit tinted, like night shift or flux has been enabled a little bit. The only way I can see colors properly is if I enable Night Shift, move the slider a bit, then disable it. Having to do this every single time I boot up is not good.

Any ideas?

FWIW, I used patch-edid.rb which solved the underscan/black border issue. Although there are a few remaining issues:

- My refresh rate locked at 60hz, and the box is greyed out, so I don't know how to get it back to 100hz (my monitor's native refresh rate).

- I have to enable nvda-drv=1, otherwise I don't have the option of 3440x1440 (my monitor's native resolution), but I thought this was supposed to be disabled for NVIDIA web drivers to work (with pascal cards)?

- My screen is a tiny bit tinted, like night shift or flux has been enabled a little bit. The only way I can see colors properly is if I enable Night Shift, move the slider a bit, then disable it. Having to do this every single time I boot up is not good.

Any ideas?

I have the same problem and I havent messed around with my EDID. Still looking for the solution but it looks to be related to NVIDIA because the same monitor connected to a Radeon Mac does not have the same behavior.

Every time I restart I have the NVIDIA driver selected but under system info it shows the IGP HD4600 of the processor.

I have to select OS X Default Graphics Driver, restart, and select NVIDIA Web Driver.

ERROR_zpsc5tpoega.jpg

I have my monitor attached to the GTX 750ti and selected in bios this graphic card not the IGP.
When I start the computer I can see the bios, apple logo starting since one point where my screen gets black, only the screen, there's no hang up as I connect to this computer through splashtop and all is working as expected.

Any way to solve this?

Thankyou
Gus

EDIT

I did this I read somewhere and for the moment it's solved, I haven't had any more black screen since yesterday and I have reboot a lot of times to test it.

1. Open your Clover config.plist
2. Go to the SMBIOS section
3. Replace the Board-ID field with ONE of these (Doesn't matter what your actual SMBIOS is; I'm using an iMac 12,2 SMBIOS with an iMac 14,2 board-id as pictured below):

(Try this first) iMac 14,2: Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61
iMac 13,2: Mac-FC02E91DDD3FA6A4
Mac Pro 4,1: Mac-F221BEC8
Mac Pro 6,1: Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6

• 2 weeks later...

Same here. Tried these following

NVIDIA Geforce 8600GT 512MB

MacPro6,1

nvda_drv=1

NvidiaWeb=1

Lilu+nvidiagraphicsfixup+agdpfixv1.3 and I get a black screen or restart with clover 4070

and I get kernel panic 'iopci' when I go for NvidiaInject

Something changed on 10.12.5, apparently now you'll need to emulate a newer Mac model to get video output with a 9xx or newer Nvidia GPU. I tried my usual MacbookPro8 & iMac12 (best for my CPU) but it just boots to a black screen, though if you login remotely it works fine (except the video output, of course). The only "old" model I can use now is MacPro5 though it requires a bit more work (block the AppleTyMCEDriver to avoid KP and edit the CPU profile to get proper PM).

• Like 2

Why don't you just go with 6.1 with the following patch

<string>DSDT.aml</string>
   <key>Patches</key>
   <array>
    <dict>
     <key>Comment</key>
     <string>GFX0 [to] GFX2</string>
     <key>Disabled</key>
     <false/>
     <key>Find</key>
     <data>
     R0ZYMA==
     </data>
     <key>Replace</key>
     <data>
     R0ZYMg==
     </data>
    </dict>
    <dict>
     <key>Comment</key>
     <string>PEGP [to] GFX1</string>
     <key>Disabled</key>
     <false/>
     <key>Find</key>
     <data>
     UEVHUA==
     </data>
     <key>Replace</key>
     <data>
     R0ZYMQ==
     </data>
    </dict>
   </array>

Since the first days of Sierra, no mumbo jumbo magics.. works like a charm.

The latest web drivers for OSX Sierra 10.12.5 seems to have some problems.

Web Drivers OSX Sierra 10.12.5 (378.05.05.15f01)

- Apple iBook Author renders blank white pages when opening templates (does not do same with default OSX Driver)
- Itunes 12.6.1.25 will not display the Visualizer (does not do the same with default OSX Driver)

Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

I had the same issue with the web drivers for Sierra 10.12.3 with iBook Author, just renders blank white pages.

Other than that everything else works 100%.

The latest web drivers for OSX Sierra 10.12.5 seems to have some problems.

Web Drivers OSX Sierra 10.12.5 (378.05.05.15f01)

- Apple iBook Author renders blank white pages when opening templates (does not do same with default OSX Driver)

- Itunes 12.6.1.25 will not display the Visualizer (does not do the same with default OSX Driver)

Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

I had the same issue with the web drivers for Sierra 10.12.3 with iBook Author, just renders blank white pages.

Other than that everything else works 100%.

Hmm... New Itunes 12.6.1.27: visualizer is fixed.

• Like 1

No problems here with GTX970 and latest Nvidiawebdrivers and latest Clover, But I use MacPro5,1 and no kernelflags.

I had some problems in the past that where all due to nvram.plist errors.

Perhaps this experience helps somebody

;)

• Like 2

No problems here with GTX970 and latest Nvidiawebdrivers 

I had some problems in the past that where all due to nvram.plist errors.

:thumbsup_anim: 

Cheers all! Launched!

Yes all due to nvram.plist errors.

Thank you   @ROBASEFR

But I put a system from scratch on a blank disk, the error came from a nearby drive.