Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS Sierra (UPDATE Sept 27, 2019)

1,025 posts in this topic

Make sure About this Mac shows your actual card being displayed under 'Graphics' description and not being injected

I don't know what you mean by "being injected" but the 1060 is only shown under "My Mac" if I disconnect my TV from my Mac Mini HDMI port. Otherwise the internal gpu is always "active" ...

IUsed HDMIAudio-1.1.dmg. and have sound though  two Display ports  TO HDMI  cable (1070 gtx) for sound

Ah, thank you for the hint ... I'll give it a try!

@Hanrolo is your gpu showing up in  the hardware over view?

you mite need to turn off graphic injection as It can stop ports working. &not show the correct  graphics  card ram size (I think you can do it from clover)

get latest web drivers & cuda.

Then  download HDMIAudio-1.1 dmg. you should then have Hdmi sound

@Hanrolo is your gpu showing up in  the hardware over view?

--> Yes with correct RAM size

you mite need to turn off graphic injection as It can stop ports working. &not show the correct  graphics  card ram size (I think you can do it from clover)

--> I thought clover is only needed to install OS X on standard PCs ... Do I need to install it on my Mac?

--> May be I should know but what is graphic injection?

--> With clover I can turn on/off graphic injection?

get latest web drivers & cuda.

--> Latest web driver is installed

--> Do I need to install cuda? I'm not using any cuda supporting software like Adobe ... 

Then  download HDMIAudio-1.1 dmg. you should then have Hdmi sound

--> I've installed HDMIAudio but with no result ...

Thank you BALDY_MAN that you are trying to help me! --> See my answers/questions above ...

Anyone getting weird icon issues? I'm using an ASUS GTX 1080, IMac17,1 SMBIOS, Lilu + NvidiaGraphicsFixup, I7-6700K.. Doesn't happen if I use the IntelHD530 (integrated graphics).. Any ideas on how to fix it?

I've attached screenshots below as well as my config: config.plist.zip

Screenshots:

tM4jY4p.png

2R1MAi2.png

to avoid black screen use Lilu.kext + NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext in Clover/Kexts/Other

if ur bios is a last version(support Kabylake) need EmuVariableUefi-64.efi

Unfortunately I still get a black screen when I disable injection, even when using these kexts.

Anyone getting weird icon issues? I'm using an ASUS GTX 1080, IMac17,1 SMBIOS, Lilu + NvidiaGraphicsFixup, I7-6700K.. Doesn't happen if I use the IntelHD530 (integrated graphics).. Any ideas on how to fix it?

I've attached screenshots below as well as my config: attachicon.gifconfig.plist.zip

Screenshots:

tM4jY4p.png

2R1MAi2.png

Disable your IGPU within your BIOS.

• Like 1

Any workarounds for multi - monitor setups?  I have to update my signature, but I have an EVGA 1080 FTW and 1 monitor connected to DVI and one to DP.  If I boot with just the DP monitor connected, it works fine...I just have to connect the DVI one and get multi monitors working.  Otherwise, if I boot with both connected, it's blank screens for both and have to hard reset.

Hi,

I'm having similar issues, KFA/Galaxy 1080 and multi-monitor setup. If I boot using two simultaneous connections from nvidia 1080, only works one of them (I have two DPs, one to a Samsung 4K Tv and the other to regular 4K monitor with DP).

I also experienced issues after wake from sleep (black screen, working everything else).

I wonder if some nvidia 1080 are "right" and others are "wrong", any thoughts? Anyone with same multi-monitor issues with nvidia 1080?

• Like 1

I wonder if some nvidia 1080 are "right" and others are "wrong", any thoughts? Anyone with same multi-monitor issues with nvidia 1080?

Try using another OSes which has Pascal support, if it works just OK then there's nothing wrong with ur card.  :)

FYi, my GT 520M also got black screen issue after wake from sleep under Sierra.

i also have this problem , I have tried to disable the igpu but doesn't work. Excuse me for my bad English 

Disable your IGPU within your BIOS.

That actually worked! So for MSI Gaming M7 z170 boards, there's no "Disable IGPU" option. I went into the BIOS, and under Integrated Graphics, I had PEG instead of IEG (Integrated Graphics).. still no cigar. On this same menu, I had to disable "IGD Multi-Monitor". Which disables the IGPU and now everything works (Safari no longer shows the weird icons and I no longer get the DRM-Status warning).

Hi,

I'm having similar issues, KFA/Galaxy 1080 and multi-monitor setup. If I boot using two simultaneous connections from nvidia 1080, only works one of them (I have two DPs, one to a Samsung 4K Tv and the other to regular 4K monitor with DP).

I also experienced issues after wake from sleep (black screen, working everything else).

Yes, there's a few threads in the graphics card section

Try using another OSes which has Pascal support, if it works just OK then there's nothing wrong with ur card.  :)

FYi, my GT 520M also got black screen issue after wake from sleep under Sierra.

My Windows 10 for gaming works flawlessly with two DP (TV + Monitor)

I'll check them out, thanks.

hi guys. strange problem here. I had this issue even with my old build, z170 + 6700k + 980 ti (with Sierra Mac OS)

now I am on z270, 7700k, gtx 1080 and obviously Sierra.

I have a 4k monitor connected to display port and a epson projector connected to hdmi port. as soon as I turn on the projector, I have a black screen in both "monitors" and I have to reset my hack.

the only way to have both monitor and projector working is this:

-first turn on projector

-then turn on hackintosh

when I have black screen I tried to unplug and re plug display port and hdmi cable, but this is not working.

in other threads I remember that a possible fix was to enable csm in bios. I tried it but it didn't help.

is someone here who can help me?

thank you

I'm using iMac 17,1 smbios with lilu + Nvidiagraphicsfixup.

same situation using iMac 14,2

hi guys. strange problem here. I had this issue even with my old build, z170 + 6700k + 980 ti (with Sierra Mac OS)

now I am on z270, 7700k, gtx 1080 and obviously Sierra.

I have a 4k monitor connected to display port and a epson projector connected to hdmi port. as soon as I turn on the projector, I have a black screen in both "monitors" and I have to reset my hack.

the only way to have both monitor and projector working is this:

-first turn on projector

-then turn on hackintosh

when I have black screen I tried to unplug and re plug display port and hdmi cable, but this is not working.

in other threads I remember that a possible fix was to enable csm in bios. I tried it but it didn't help.

is someone here who can help me?

thank you

I'm using iMac 17,1 smbios with lilu + Nvidiagraphicsfixup.

same situation using iMac 14,2

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/322896-dual-monitors-and-pascal/

I originally had a iMac14,2 but was switching around to see if that helped.

Unfortunately the config.plist you posted doesn't help :/

Still get a blank screen, and only 1 of my 3 monitors. 

I fixed this using injection on my 1080, like so: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/322896-dual-monitors-and-pascal/?p=2411729

• Like 2