Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS Sierra (UPDATE Sept 27, 2019)

1,025 posts in this topic

Glad to see you come around to reality, frankiee   :console:

Oh, I think I had a realistic view before. Think we just did not agree what exactly a "working driver" is. I mean, the driver does work, and there is some support. But you are right as well, as the driver does not work 100% and has some more or less serious glitches. The most annoying one for me is the iBook Author problem so far, as I actually have a job of creating one. Other things like the Adobe CC suite seem to work quite well, including GPU accelleration.

To be honest, 10.11 has almost the same performance and function as Kepler with Maxwell so I have been using 10.11.6 as my daily OS and most likely will be until they bring back nv graphics. Most likely any new drivers will provide support that will cover past Maxwell platform. We will have to cross our fingers that it doesn't introduce bugs like with past Fermi cards.

Yeah, I do hope that as well. We will see ...

I'm on my HP Z400 running El Capitan 10.11.6 with no drivers installed for HP Quadro 4000 2GB DDR5 card.  I'd like to upgrade to Sierra, does anyone know if web drivers will support the card?

Why don't you try it first by installing web drivers on 10.11? AFAIK all cards that work with 10.11 should work with 10.12 as well. And if can you run without web driver, do it. Web driver will not improve anything, only make things worse. Use web driver only with cards that requre it (i.e. Maxwell)

BTW: and think twice before upgrading to Sierra. Imho it's not worth it and at least for me El Capitan worked better. And also Apple continued their way of crippling their apps (this time: Console.app - just like they did with Disk Utility in El Cap, i.e. app is much less useful after the update)

Why don't you try it first by installing web drivers on 10.11? AFAIK all cards that work with 10.11 should work with 10.12 as well. And if can you run without web driver, do it. Web driver will not improve anything, only make things worse. Use web driver only with cards that requre it (i.e. Maxwell)

BTW: and think twice before upgrading to Sierra. Imho it's not worth it and at least for me El Capitan worked better. And also Apple continued their way of crippling their apps (this time: Console.app - just like they did with Disk Utility in El Cap, i.e. app is much less useful after the update)

Many upcoming games will require Sierra or later due to a significant update of metal API, so it depends on what you are doing especially while deciding the value of OS itself.

Actually, while it's true that the frontend Console app is now pretty horrible, you can still find pretty much any info you want (and I'd say have even more control over it) by using the "log" command, once you understand how to use it properly.

Many upcoming games will require Sierra or later due to a significant update of metal API, so it depends on what you are doing especially while deciding the value of OS itself.

Yeah, of course YMMV, but gaming on macOS? Horrible imho. Much better to use dual boot.

Actually, while it's true that the frontend Console app is now pretty horrible, you can still find pretty much any info you want (and I'd say have even more control over it) by using the "log" command, once you understand how to use it properly.

I know, but it is much more cumbersome to do that this way. I really don't get why they did not retain this functionality. Frankly, I am more and more concerned where macOS is heading to in general. The lack of quality control, and their efforts to dumb down everything until it is not usable anymore makes me really worry.

Its worked.

NVDAStartupWeb.kext

16C67 to 16D32

Updated drivers no issue.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-01-25 at 9.01.05 am.png

What version are you using ? With latest 367.15.10.35f01 and NVDAStartupWeb.kext edit, I have this when I rebuild kernel cache :

rebuilding //System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext NVDAStartupWeb.kext
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/EnergyDriver.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67013 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA3B for kext AppleMobileDevice.kext
Invalid signature -67030 for kext <OSKext 0x7ff158f236d0 [0x7fffa1462da0]> { URL = "NVDAStartupWeb.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.nvidia.NVDAStartupWeb" }
kxld[com.nvidia.web.GeForceWeb]: The vtable 'vtable for nvDisplayPipeTransaction' is malformed. Make sure your kext has been built against the correct headers.
kxld[com.nvidia.web.GeForceWeb]: The vtable 'vtable for nvDisplayPipeTransaction' is malformed. Make sure your kext has been built against the correct headers.
Link failed (error code 5).
Prelink failed for com.nvidia.web.GeForceWeb; omitting from prelinked kernel.
KernelCache ID: 5D7B164959B191F9419B863DAE41A36E
symlink("/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel", "/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache") failed 17 (File exists) <createPrelinkedKernel 2795>
kextcache updated critical boot files, requesting launchd reboot
logout

What version are you using ? With latest 367.15.10.35f01 and NVDAStartupWeb.kext edit, I have this when I rebuild kernel cache :

rebuilding //System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext NVDAStartupWeb.kext
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/EnergyDriver.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67013 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA3B for kext AppleMobileDevice.kext
Invalid signature -67030 for kext <OSKext 0x7ff158f236d0 [0x7fffa1462da0]> { URL = "NVDAStartupWeb.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.nvidia.NVDAStartupWeb" }
Link failed (error code 5).
Prelink failed for com.nvidia.web.GeForceWeb; omitting from prelinked kernel.
KernelCache ID: 5D7B164959B191F9419B863DAE41A36E
symlink("/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel", "/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache") failed 17 (File exists) <createPrelinkedKernel 2795>
kextcache updated critical boot files, requesting launchd reboot
logout

Hope this helps.

post-1083558-0-94519500-1485303806_thumb.png

post-1083558-0-06715600-1485303810_thumb.png

Did 10.12.3 change anything regarding the iBook / Instruments Issue? Or regarding the various graphical glitches for example after fast user switching? (Also happens with "real" macs using macOS drivers)

• Like 1

Oh I'm sorry ! I just realized you were talking about 10.12.3.

I'm now on 10.12.4 beta 16E144f and webdrivers are broken. Even with edited NVDAStartupWeb.kext :(.

What gfx card are you using? (Using phone so can't see)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Fortunately, it's a GTX 650 Ti which doesn't need webdrivers at all ;).

I'll let you know how I go. Just made a backup and installing beta now.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I seem to be having the same? issues. Installed latest Nvidia driver then the 10.12.4 beta 1, applied NVDAStartupWeb.kext patch 16E, fixed audio and patched ADGP.

OSX says that my GFX card is detected and it is, including 4Gb ram apposed to 7mb but my screen is glitchy, no transparency. Typing this post makes the screen flicker with every keystroke.

post-1083558-0-45590000-1485325550_thumb.png

post-1083558-0-20733900-1485325552_thumb.png

Hopefully this can be resolved soon or ill just go back to my backup :-)