Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS Sierra (UPDATE Sept 27, 2019)

1,025 posts in this topic

I had this same problem on my system with a GTX 980Ti.

What is your monitor setup?

I fixed it by moving both my monitors to DP (2x1440p).

My secondary monitor is dual-link DVI only, but I luckily had a dual-link dvi to DP cable.

If you have more than one monitor and one of them support DP, try disconnecting all other monitors and see if you get signal.

Also if you use iMac15; iMac17 or MacPro6 I guess you have already patched the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext? (Or renamed your Nvidia to GFX1) If not do that first.

ok, let's take them one by one.

I'm using a dual-monitor setup. One monitor connected via DVI, the other one via HDMI. I will try to disconnect one monitor and see if that makes any difference. I don't have DP on either monitor.

I'm using iMac 14,2 system definition. And by patching AGDP.kext you mean setting those devices to none? Does that even make any difference? I did that in El Capitan. But...I don't think that actually made any difference whatsoever.

How do I rename to GFX1? Is there a way to do it from Clover (kexts to patch section)? That would be really useful.

UDPATE:

Well Hooray! It does boot with a single monitor (I kept the DVI one).

Now, how do I get it to work with both monitors? :D

UPDATE 2:

Well, that's fixed as well. By moving the DVI display to, well, the other DVI port. :)) Are you kidding me? THAT fixed it?

Anyway, thanks a lot for the tips and fast reply.

• Like 1

Yeah seems like there is something weird going on with the driver?

I'm not sure what the problem is but we are now on 2 out of 2, who had the problem and fixed it by just moving screens around.

And no you should not need the AGDP.kext edit when using 1Mac 14,2. :-)

Has any one a solution for CUDA? 8.x from SDK requires update 7.5.29 is for all Programms invisible? CUDA-Z does not see anythink either ...

NO SUPPORT OF CUDA in SIERRA FOR NOW !

--- Update----

7.5.30 Update offered via preference.pane installs well but...

Does not work either CUDA-Z -quits Adobe 2015.3 CC blind no acceleration...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I'm using a Mac Pro 2009 upgraded to 2012 CPUs with 5.1 and a GTX 980ti (EFI flashed).

I installed the latest web-driver from here, but if I try to boot the Cinema Display turns black (after boot-logo) and it crashed on the half way and restarts. It's also not possible to boot in VGA-Mode.

Is this a problem with the beta-driver? Is there anything I can do?

I'm guessing you only need the driver with the 900 series cards?

I'm running a 780Ti and all 3 of my monitors worked perfectly during installation and, now, post installation. It was only after I installed the beta web driver, that I encountered the black screen after boot issue. I guess Sierra has 700 series support baked in now?

I'm just using the fakesmc I used with El Capitan and even the same exact clover config file and I have no issues running without the web driver, unlike 10.11...

I guess Sierra has 700 series support baked in now?

I'm just using the fakesmc I used with El Capitan and even the same exact clover config file and I have no issues running without the web driver, unlike 10.11...

Looks like you're right.

I got a GT 730 that absolutely needs webdrivers in El Capitan and below but runs just fine in Sierra without them.

Webdrivers works with DB2 by editing NVDAStartupWeb.kext :

sudo nano /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/info.plist

Change NVDARequiredOS to this :

<key>NVDARequiredOS</key>

<string>16A</string>

8yPms4A.png

yKbaBrw.png

• Like 1

<key>NVDARequiredOS</key>

<string>16A</string>

Works!

Unfortunately, there are then graphics errors in Safari and the App Store. The presentation in Magic Window 4K is also faulty. But I can live with that. After all, my system boots up again with full resolution.

Thank you very much.

• Like 1

I find all the programs that need to access to internet, the screen will crash. Safari, Mail, App store, Map all have screen crash issue.

I can only access to internet through Chrome instead. Even though make changes to the NVDARequiredOS won't help this.

May be we need to wait the new Nvidia Web driver for Beta 2.

Good to know that Chrome also works. Firefox Developer runs without a fault, too. Airmail as an email client also has no indication of failure. For system updates visit the Command Line instead of App Store.

There are always ways :-)

softwareupdate --list
sudo softwareupdate -vi "-->Package Name<--"

NVIDIA will not let us wait too long for an update.

Will Apple probably bring us native support for the NVIDIA Maxwell chipset under macOS 10.12 Final Release?

There seems to be an updated driver, I just ran the updater app and found 367.05.10.05b07

post-1535873-0-95247300-1468002593_thumb.png

Hello guys,

Anyone managed to get this to work on a GTX 950? I'm getting a black screen when loading second stage boot. And...nothing else.
I suppose it's an issue with the driver? Is there a known solution to this? Or should we just wait for the next driver update?

Try running

sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel

Worked for me with my 970

Edit: scratch that, it worked for 2 reboots now I'm back to black screens without nv_disable :\

edit2: well, after running the command a few more times it does seem to have worked. I think there might be a kernel cache issue in the public beta and dev preview 2

Edited by Faun
  • Like 1

I had a completely working system and had the web driver working in DP2 from the posts above. Once I installed the new b07 build today, I get a endless reboot loop after initial restart. Can only boot with nv_disable=1 - can't boot with -x, -f, or -F and "-v debug=yes" gives me no useful information. It stops at different places every time, no panic, nothing I can read that indicates what is causing the reboot. There does seem to be a lot of entires containing 80211, not sure if that is normal or not, even if it isn't what would that have to do with the Nvidia web drivers?

Anyone have any ideas? I would post the output of verbose but my first attempt to do so didn't work correctly so if that would help, let me know and I can keep trying (a few tips on getting that text would be helpful too).

Thanks!

i7-6700K

Gigabyte-Z170MX-Gaming 5

GTX 980

64 GB 2400 RAM

480GB SSD

Clover (latest build) with dual boot windows 10 on a separate SSD

Hi,

same problem as above, it seems like the problem is that the web driver is not being loaded, NVDAStartupWeb:official is shown during boot. I'm using nvda_drv=1 as boot argument (this works fine for El Capitan) but for some reason it's being ignored in Sierra. Any suggestion to force web driver load?

Similar configuration that jsimpson746, but with 750Ti

Cheers

Sorted, I had to set manually nvda_drv=1 in the nvram, hope it helps.

I have exactly the same problem can not load the web driver under sierra, would anyone a solution. Even with the latest Clover 3590 it does not work.

There seems to be an updated driver, I just ran the updater app and found 367.05.10.05b07

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-07-08 at 19.29.37.png

Try running

sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel

Worked for me with my 970

Edit: scratch that, it worked for 2 reboots now I'm back to black screens without nv_disable :\

edit2: well, after running the command a few more times it does seem to have worked. I think there might be a kernel cache issue in the public beta and dev preview 2

^try. it took a few attempts but it boots up fine every time now

GTX 970

To get it working I enabled clover nvram emulator (emu variable) and installed startup rc scripts to enable the driver.Then select Nvidia Web-driver from menu bar applet and reboot

Don't know if it's a clover issue a difference in the way Nvidia detects which driver is active ,be it OS X default or web.

So I tried every method described below my post and have got none of them to work. I seem to have tried every combination of those and still anytime I boot without nv_disable=1 I get stuck in a reboot loop.

I am assuming that enabling nvram emulator in cover is the "EmuVariableUefi" driver under "Drivers UEFI 64 BIT" - On the install drivers screen, I have the following installed;

EmuVariableUefi

OsxAptioFix2Drv

VBoxHfs

And under extra drivers, OsxFatBinaryDrv UEFI

Boot Flags are just dart=0 and nada_drv=1, of course that isn't working causing the reboot loop

I have tried both MacPro 6,1 and iMac14,1 (which was working great before this)

Please let me know if anyone has any ideas....