Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS Sierra (UPDATE Sept 27, 2019)

1,025 posts in this topic

to avoid black screen use Lilu.kext + NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext in Clover/Kexts/Other

if ur bios is a last version(support Kabylake) need EmuVariableUefi-64.efi

Trying all week to get Nvidia WebDriver installed. 10.12.3. WebDriver-367.15.10.35f01.pkg gives me an error at end of install. 

Apr 16 21:38:09 newguys-iMac installd[456]: PackageKit: ----- Begin install -----
Apr 16 21:38:09 newguys-iMac installd[456]: PackageKit: Session UUID file exists - will not overwrite /var/folders/zz/zyxvpxvq6csfxvn_n0000000000000/C/PKInstallSandboxManager/694376A5-90BC-4C5B-9864-2F8C51A9712F.activeSandbox
Apr 16 21:38:24 newguys-iMac installd[456]: PackageKit: Install Failed: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=121 "An error occurred while updating system extension information." UserInfo={NSUnderlyingError=0x7f8c60404380 {Error Domain=kextcache Code=71 "(null)"}, NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while updating system extension information., arguments=( "-update-volume",   "/",   "-Installer"
)} {   NSLocalizedDescription = "An error occurred while updating system extension information.";
   NSUnderlyingError = "Error Domain=kextcache Code=71 \"(null)\"";
   arguments =     ("-update-volume","/", "-Installer" );}
Apr 16 21:38:24 newguys-iMac Installer[2223]: Install failed: The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.
Apr 16 21:38:24 newguys-iMac Installer[2223]: Displaying 'Install Failed' UI.
Apr 16 21:38:24 newguys-iMac Installer[2223]: 'Install Failed' UI displayed message:'The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.'.

Trying all week to get Nvidia WebDriver installed. 10.12.3. WebDriver-367.15.10.35f01.pkg gives me an error at end of install. 

Apr 16 21:38:09 newguys-iMac installd[456]: PackageKit: ----- Begin install -----
Apr 16 21:38:09 newguys-iMac installd[456]: PackageKit: Session UUID file exists - will not overwrite /var/folders/zz/zyxvpxvq6csfxvn_n0000000000000/C/PKInstallSandboxManager/694376A5-90BC-4C5B-9864-2F8C51A9712F.activeSandbox
Apr 16 21:38:24 newguys-iMac installd[456]: PackageKit: Install Failed: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=121 "An error occurred while updating system extension information." UserInfo={NSUnderlyingError=0x7f8c60404380 {Error Domain=kextcache Code=71 "(null)"}, NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while updating system extension information., arguments=( "-update-volume",   "/",   "-Installer"
)} {   NSLocalizedDescription = "An error occurred while updating system extension information.";
   NSUnderlyingError = "Error Domain=kextcache Code=71 \"(null)\"";
   arguments =     ("-update-volume","/", "-Installer" );}
Apr 16 21:38:24 newguys-iMac Installer[2223]: Install failed: The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.
Apr 16 21:38:24 newguys-iMac Installer[2223]: Displaying 'Install Failed' UI.
Apr 16 21:38:24 newguys-iMac Installer[2223]: 'Install Failed' UI displayed message:'The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.'.

It can only be installed on 10.12.4

---EDIT---

Hey guys, I was running Witcher 2 on my hack using the newly released Pascal Web drivers and during the opening cut scene where the guy throws the freezing tube, as soon as the glass breaks my hack restarted. Anybody else have that problem?

I was getting strange look and textures, dark terrains on totalwar warhammer with gtx980. Now it's fixed with latest driver!!

Here is the video that I have sent to Feral

Textures are now okay :)

• Like 1

Confirmed Working !  :)

Thanks to c_frio for pointing me to this thread.

post-66029-0-81676100-1492725989_thumb.png

i7 Kaby Lake 

Gigabyte z270XP-SLI BIOS version f5

iMac 17,1 profile

GTX-970

make sure that EmuVariableUefi.efi is installed in your EFI 

(I had to manually copy it... Clover didn't install the file when I upgraded regardless of it being selected) 

activate the driver from a terminal.

$ sudo nvram nvda_drv=1

I was greeted with a black screen once the driver kicked in.

To Fix the black screen:

1. unplug the monitor for a few seconds.

2. plug the monitor back in.

Hope this tip helps someone out.

• Like 1

Oh hey, I can play Metal games on my 1080 GTX without everything going completely nuts. Had to roll all the renderers back to OpenGL under f1.

Hello,

I've successfully installed the latest driver on my following configuration:

Mac Mini with Sierra -> via TB2 to Sonnet Echo III-D with Gigabyte GTX 1060 -> via HDMI to external TV

Booting either to Win 10 for gaming (works perfekt!) or to OS X for other activities, however with two issues:

1. Sound via HDMI not possible (solved by using ear speaker out of the Mini connected to TV)

2. Noticed that under iTunes rented movies will not be displayed (black screen, movie not playing). Movie can only be played when reconnecting the Mac Mini via 2nd HDMI directly to the TV (with issue that the driver switches back to the internal GPU)

3. After some time under OS X using Safari to seek through the internet the safari window is partially flickering

Does anyone noticed same or similar issues and/or has solutions for my issues?

Hello,

I've successfully installed the latest driver on my following configuration:

Mac Mini with Sierra -> via TB2 to Sonnet Echo III-D with Gigabyte GTX 1060 -> via HDMI to external TV

Booting either to Win 10 for gaming (works perfekt!) or to OS X for other activities, however with two issues:

1. Sound via HDMI not possible (solved by using ear speaker out of the Mini connected to TV)

2. Noticed that under iTunes rented movies will not be displayed (black screen, movie not playing). Movie can only be played when reconnecting the Mac Mini via 2nd HDMI directly to the TV (with issue that the driver switches back to the internal GPU)

3. After some time under OS X using Safari to seek through the internet the safari window is partially flickering

Does anyone noticed same or similar issues and/or has solutions for my issues?

Make sure About this Mac shows your actual card being displayed under 'Graphics' description and not being injected

Nice... will check out soon after wrk. Hope this fixes my issue I addressed prior

Was able to get thru the opening cut scene in Witcher 2 w/o my hack restarting on me, however the the menu options in the UI keep flickering. Hope NVIDIA can release some better drivers to resolve this