[pre-releases] macOS Sierra

fantomas

724 posts in this topic

I was able to update with the stock Sierra beta from Apple.

Has mostly gone fine, other than I needed to remove AppleALC to boot (till then I could only boot in Safe mode).

I have three issues remaining:

1) Messed up colours with the Nvidia Drivers + my GTX 970

2) No sound (working on that atm)  audio restored

3) Sierra won't boot after a reboot, it hangs with a line about kextd wait like below

busy timeout[0], (60s), kextd wait(0): 'X86PlatformPlugin', 'PEGP', 'pci18de,fbb', 'IOUSBHostInterface', 'BCH20702A0', 'IOUSBHostInterface', 'IOUSBHostInterface', 'IOUSBHostInterface', 'HDEF', 'UAR1', 'PNLF', 'SMCWatchDogTimer', 'IOResources'

or

3) Clover hangs at "scan items" after a reboot. Scan disabled for Entries, Legacy and Linux. Only Tool is true.

The later is the most critical atm, never had the issue with El Cap.

Edited by tarasis

Hello !

On GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 Sierra Beta 6 works well, but USB 3 works only USB 2  :(  while in El Capitan all was well... (with USBinjectAll.kext)

Do you encounter this problem also?

Is there a solution ?

Thank you

Hmm, one other thing I've observed is that sometimes Clover (3716) will hang on reboot at "scan entries" even though scan is off (Entries, Legacy, Linux. Only Tools is true). I have to turn the computer off, wait for a short time and then turn it back on.

Never had an issue with earlier versions of clover.

Could someone post a clean AppleHDA from Beta 6? I appear to have deleted it by accident, and the only one I have available is from the Beta 1 Installer and I'm not sure if they have changed. 

I'm having zero luck with Audio. AppleALC doesn't work despite using -alcbeta and trying all the layout ID's for my chip, VoodooHDA 2.8.8 was crackling horribly and flitted between Green Rear and Orange Rear for Line Out, and Toleda's 120 script reports no audio codec.

I did have sound working previously on El Cap with Toleda's script.

Found link to re-download the Beta 6 update, extracted the file and after using the Toleda script again I've working audio. (5.1 in Line Out, only 2.0 in Digital Out)

• Like 1

Got proper colors back by selecting "Default for Display" rather than Scaled in Preferences->Displays. Not sure why it was set to scaled (thought it was for the correct resolution).

Perfect timing for the beta :)