[pre-releases] macOS Sierra

fantomas

724 posts in this topic

Look at this under SIERRA:

Bildschirmfoto2016-06-15um01.43.50.pngmy three SAMSUNG NVMe SSDs got detected by default - not loaded yet, but listed under Systeminformation - NVME section.

Also Apples NVME Controller gets loaded for the devices. See IOReg:

Bildschirmfoto2016-06-15um01.44.17.png

Would be great to make them work under Apple IONVMeFamily.kext to get rid of the NVMeGeneric.kext.

EDIT: P.S. I havent loaded the NVMeGenereic.kext in this boot, cause it just kernel panics.

See: Apple IONVMeFamily.kext was loaded and active by default. Just the three Drives won't get mounted to the desktop:

Bildschirmfoto2016-06-15um01.51.44.png

Also they are NOT available in DiskDriveUtility.

• Like 3

Almost everything working here, minus Airdrop and USB 3.0 External Drive that again is not been recognized / mounted.

The USB Patch "Find 83BD8CFEFFFF10 / Replace 83BD8CFEFFFF16" was fully working in El Capitan, but not in Sierra.

@Okrasit

I followed your method, booting in verbose mode goes so fast that it's impossible to read. It fails with MacOSX not yet set.

I am trying to install it on Core2Duo desktop, using MacPro 5,1 in smbios.

Which smbios should I use?

post-605541-0-61887500-1465974767_thumb.jpg

5960x @4.2GHz

ywzu.png

I see you have Hawaii GPU. I have Asus 290x and I can't run Sierra on it. There is black screen when sys end loading. On nvidia is loading OK! I have Asus x99 and 5820k. Did you do something special to run Sierra on your GPU ?

I see you have Hawaii GPU. I have Asus 290x and I can't run Sierra on it. There is black screen when sys end loading. On nvidia is loading OK! I have Asus x99 and 5820k. Did you do something special to run Sierra on your GPU ?

Yes, there's a problem. To get it working I had to modify atombios on the card, so that it doesn't get loaded on boot. Until I can figure out the problem, I have to boot "blind".

@augustopaulo

I used hdd partition (on a SAS raid controller), but it doesn't matter. Here's a quick guide...

open terminal....

sudo bash
cd Install 10.12 Developer Preview.app/Contents/SharedSupport
hdiutil attach InstallESD.dmg
cd /Volumes/OS X Install ESD/
hdiutil attach BaseSystem.dmg

(now open disk utility and restore the install partition from BaseSystem.dmg)

cd /Volumes/OS X Base System 1/System/Installation
rm -rf Packages
cp -r /Volumes/OS X Install ESD/Packages .

(run /Volumes/OS X Install ESD/Packages/Essentials.pkg with finder, and install it in some temp folder)

(Find out the disk&part (N,M) number of your installation volume, we´ll need to remount it as root because file permissions)
df
diskutil unmount /dev/diskNpM
mkdir /Volumes/Install

mount -t hfs /dev/diskNpM /Volumes/Install
cd /Volumes/Install/System/Library
mkdir Kernels
cd Kernels
cp thetempdirwhereyouextractedessentialspkg/System/Library/Kernels/kernel .
chown root:wheel kernel
cd /Volumes/Install/System/Library/Extensions
cp -r whereyouhaveyourkexts/FakeSMC.kext .
(and all other kexts needed)
chown -R root:wheel .
and finally 
kextcache -v -update-volume /Volumes/Install

That's it (=

I also copied BaseSystem.dmg and BaseSystem.chunklist on the install part's root!

Hi okrasit, 

Thanks. Great instructions!

I'm now able to boot the USB and have already installed 10.12 onto a HDD.

Do you get any CPU  power management at all ?

Boa sorte,

Paulo

Yes, there's a problem. To get it working I had to modify atombios on the card, so that it doesn't get loaded on boot. Until I can figure out the problem, I have to boot "blind".

"I had to modify atombios on the card" How you do that?

Hi okrasit, 

Thanks. Great instructions!

I'm now able to boot the USB and have already installed 10.12 onto a HDD.

Do you get any CPU  power management at all ?

Boa sorte,

Paulo

In ElCapitan my cpu was handled by xcpm but in Sierra it seems to load AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext. So, I'm using NullCPUPowerManagement and I manually write msr 0x199 for each core on boot to request the highest turbo mode. I'll make a patch for xcpm & AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, which will do just that, and post them on their own thread. 

These Haswell-E cpus do their own power managing by entering c1 when executing halts. So, the answer is YES, but I also get über performance. xD

"I had to modify atombios on the card" How you do that?

Just change pci id to something other than your card's. Yet, some bioses load the vbios, regardless of the id mismatch. (might not work for you)  

5960x @4.2GHz

Are you using -xcpm for PowerManagement? My 5820K is panicking from the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext. 

EDIT: Oh, you answered this question as I was creating the post. :D 

Look at this under SIERRA:

Bildschirmfoto2016-06-15um01.43.50.pngmy three SAMSUNG NVMe SSDs got detected by default - not loaded yet, but listed under Systeminformation - NVME section.

Also Apples NVME Controller gets loaded for the devices. See IOReg:

Bildschirmfoto2016-06-15um01.44.17.png

Would be great to make them work under Apple IONVMeFamily.kext to get rid of the NVMeGeneric.kext.

EDIT: P.S. I havent loaded the NVMeGenereic.kext in this boot, cause it just kernel panics.

See: Apple IONVMeFamily.kext was loaded and active by default. Just the three Drives won't get mounted to the desktop:

Bildschirmfoto2016-06-15um01.51.44.png

Also they are NOT available in DiskDriveUtility.

wait me friend , maybe i can edited kext IONVMeFamily...wait my news

The Mac App Store shows I've purchased it, but it won't let me download it.

This version of OS X 10.12 cannot be installed on this computer.

Seems I'll need to download the installer on my old Mac first.

-- Edit -- 

Ahhh I guess my problem is that I need to use a different SMBIOS than I've previously used (MacPro 3,1) 

---

yes it was exactly this. Changed to MacPro5,1 and I am now able to download Sierra. Though changing to 5,1 appears to have disabled the USB fix I had.

Just got it running with X99 5960x.

Placed FakeSMC.kext etc to the install partition's /System/Library/Extensions.

Extracted System/Library/Kernels/kernel from Essentials.pkg and placed it to install part.

Updated kextcache and it wurks!

5960x also requires a new IOPCIFamily patch:

Pandora's Box extract the kernel while creating the installer :D

Clover

Clover configurator

Ares.app is up to date :)

• Like 3

h

Change pci144d,a804 to pci144d,a802 in Info.plist?

Nope .... you can not do, I have already tried, Apple NVME, is a driver that belongs to other hardware to another protocol and another register 

The best solution is kext hackintosh , but, Jim70bhe has left the development, as far as I know.

End of story friend ...sorry