Apple unveils "macOS Sierra"

399 posts in this topic

ok i tried the install i get a findmy device icloud error it prevents install with clover

getting the same error here. prevents from clover finishing booting into installer. (com.apple.icloud.findmydeviced) <Error> Service could not initialize: Unable to set current working directory.

Using iMac17.1 smbios

getting the same error here. prevents from clover finishing booting into installer. (com.apple.icloud.findmydeviced) <Error> Service could not initialize: Unable to set current working directory.

Using iMac17.1 smbios

Same here, tried every smbios that works on this board... Finally gets past it and hangs on AppleACPICPU. Same issue on all my Hacks but loads fine on my 2013 rMBP.

I've gotten macOS 10.12 booted successfully on my machine (desktop) for awhile now

Createinstallmedia is what I first tried and unfortunately I wasn't able to successfully inject any kexts

(Therefore FakeSMC wasn't capable of loading)

The kernel disallowed the driver object from loading as it got injected

In log you would see "not entitled to link kext KEXT_IDENTIFIER"

And if I continued the boot I got stuck at where y'all are getting stuck at (iCloud/FindMyDevice messages)

This is what I did to get the installer booted:

1. Restore BaseSystem.dmg to a partition

2. Remove the Packages symlink from /System/Installation

3. Copy the real Packages folder over

4. Copy BaseSystem.dmg and BaseSystem.chunklist to root of partition (not sure this is necessary, but just to make sure I did it)

5. Copy any kexts needed such as FakeSMC to the root of the FS

6. Boot the installer in single user

7. Check status of SIP via "csrutil status" and disable SIP if needed via "csrutil disable" or "csrutil enable --without kext"

8. Reboot

9. Boot the installer into single user again

10. Modify the permissions on the kext (chmod -R 755 KEXT_NAME.kext && chown -R root:wheel KEXT_NAME.kext)

11. Load the kext manually (kextload KEXT_NAME.kext)

12. Exit single user

NOTE: I didn't use a USB to install, I created an installer partition on one of my main drives

And for me, I was able to get to the installer using that method. I think you can try putting the kexts into SLE of the installer after disabling SIP and that should work too, but just to make sure they loaded, I did that. 

After installation I copied the kexts over to the installation volume and I was able to boot fine.

• Like 10

I've gotten macOS 10.12 booted successfully on my machine (desktop) for awhile now

Createinstallmedia is what I first tried and unfortunately I wasn't able to successfully inject any kexts

And if I continued the boot I got stuck at where y'all are getting stuck at (iCloud/FindMyDevice messages)

4. Copy BaseSystem.dmg and BaseSystem.chunklist to root of partition (not sure this is necessary, but just to make sure I did it)

7. Disable SIP for the time being via "csrutil disable" or "csrutil enable --without kext"

8. Reboot

10. Modify the permissions on the kext (chmod -R 755 KEXT_NAME.kext && chown -R root:wheel KEXT_NAME.kext)

12. Exit single user

NOTE: I didn't use a USB to install, I created an installer partition on one of my main drives

And for me, I was able to get to the installer using that method. I think you can try putting the kexts into SLE of the installer after disabling SIP and that should work too, but just to make sure they loaded, I did that. 

After installation I copied the kexts over to the installation volume and I was able to boot fine.

Can you please post a IOREG? Thanks! 

sudo /Applications/Install\ 10.12\ Developer\ Preview.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ 10.12\ Developer\ Preview.app --nointeraction

creating installer finally, then going to try 2.3K-3556 and see if it will boot :)

• Like 1

I couldn't get the installer to boot.  It was the old LAPIC error that plagues HP laptops.  Clover patch didn't work.  Hopefully, Donovan6000 will find the right location to patch in the next week or so and Clover is updated to support 10.12.

Got Sierra run on my ASUS K501LX using modified Clover (thank to @Micky1979 and @Sherlocks). Installation USB was created using BaseBinaries Clone method, and essential kexts were added to prelinkedkernel by following this guide. Most of the hardware worked like in El Capitan, except Fn hotkeys and buggy touchpad.  ^_^  http://imgur.com/eSG9Zot

• Like 1

7. Disable SIP for the time being via "csrutil disable" or "csrutil enable --without kext"

8. Reboot

12. Exit single user

No luck for me... 

There is a mistake: chmod -R 755 FakeSMC.kext && chown -R root>wheel FakeSMC.kext

but even with the correct command: chmod -R 755 FakeSMC.kext && chown -R root:wheel FakeSMC.kext it doesn't work :(

684J2tw.jpg