Apple unveils "macOS Sierra"

399 posts in this topic

Thanks guys Piker Alpha Patch for NVMe work erfecly =D 

I have some issues with the HD530 in Sierra Glitch at second stage boot and also blinking on the top left of the screen.

Any ideas or patch ? 

I too am experiencing an odd, brief, visual glitch during boot.  It begins immediately after the 1st stage of boot where then an image of eight unevenly spaced "zebra striped" apples appear in a horizontal row.   Some of them are also underlined with jaggedly, broken underlines also arranged horizontally.   The image flashes on screen for no more then a couple of seconds then it quickly disappears.   Then the 2nd stage of boot appears and occurs normally (followed immediately by the my Sierra login screen). 

Hi RehabMan,

I've tried the latest VoodooPS2 on an EliteBook 8470p and my VAIO (both on 10.12) and I found that the scrolling looks kinda stiff, it's like it's just producing the "down" button as you scroll, not like the scrolling under 10.11 or earlier. I use the same kext on both.

Hi RehabMan,

I've tried the latest VoodooPS2 on an EliteBook 8470p and my VAIO (both on 10.12) and I found that the scrolling looks kinda stiff, it's like it's just producing the "down" button as you scroll, not like the scrolling under 10.11 or earlier. I use the same kext on both.

Yes... something changed in the system regarding mouse scrolling...

Your Hackintosh uses a different PS2 service than ApplePS2SynapticsTouchpad, which is default. You can use any other PS2 Service using the -s option with ioio.

I am using latest voodoops2. How do I know the name of the service, I gave tried -s ApplePS2, ps2tuchpad ... etc.. with no avail

I am using latest voodoops2. How do I know the name of the service, I gave tried -s ApplePS2, ps2tuchpad ... etc.. with no avail

What trackpad is in your laptop? Check in ioreg to see which driver is loading (could be ApplePS2Mouse if your trackpad is not recognized, eg. not Synaptics).

• Like 1

What trackpad is in your laptop? Check in ioreg to see which driver is loading (could be ApplePS2Mouse if your trackpad is not recognized, eg. not Synaptics).

Thank Rehabman. It is ApplePS2Mouse. It is AL0PS.

ioio: setting property 'ApplePS2Mouse:Clicking' as number to 1 (0x1)

However two and three fingers tap not work.

Regarding MacOs, xgps and python-gps is missing.

I try install gpsd but no xgps client and python-gps

Thank Rehabman. It is ApplePS2Mouse. It is AL0PS.

ioio: setting property 'ApplePS2Mouse:Clicking' as number to 1 (0x1)

However two and three fingers tap not work.

Regarding MacOs, xgps and python-gps is missing.

I try install gpsd but no xgps client and python-gps

ApplePS2Mouse does not support "trackpad" gestures. It is a mouse driver.

• Like 2

Does Sierra also change bind keys like? (example fn+f4/fn+f5 to increase and decrease volume don't work now) Beacause my laptop keyboard works flawlessly with el capitan also with ACPIKeyboard.kext (rehabman). Now with sierra brightness with ACPIKeyboard modification doesn't work, If I press fn+f6 the output is "b".

Does Sierra also change bind keys like? (example fn+f4/fn+f5 to increase and decrease volume don't work now) Beacause my laptop keyboard works flawlessly with el capitan also with ACPIKeyboard.kext (rehabman). Now with sierra brightness with ACPIKeyboard modification doesn't work, If I press fn+f6 the output is "b".

Known problem. Also affects software that is used on real Macs (Karabiner). Something changed to break NX keys in keymap.

Known problem. Also affects software that is used on real Macs (Karabiner). Something changed to break NX keys in keymap.

EDIT: For me also internal Card Reader and Webcam that on el Cap were natively supported and showed in USB2 now on Sierra aren't working and aren't showed in system profiler.

I Use also the patch USBAllInject.

I hope is only a beta 1 problem

LOL @mirone. Before Sierra, I heard NVCAP values did some magic to older card. Didnt check if they change the default values on 10.12, personally I never use this prop. Have you tried to set it manually (generated from app)? Or drop your Nvidia rom (without header) into Clover folder?

@cecekpawon,

I already tried both ways and the result was the same,

the kext Geforce changed I have hopes that even GM
all have our graphics cards working .. why to users
with more modern graphics cards are stuck on a black screen.
  • Like 1

I'm also stuck on a black screen with EVGA GTX660 OC. I will try the public beta in hope for a solution.

Sent from my iPhone

When you say your stuck on a black screen. Do you mean after the install or right away when starting up from the USB drive? I have the latter with Public beta. DV1 works great on my machine.

To be able to install I have to boot with nv_disable=1 flag and install. I had to do that in El Capitan as well. After install I boot in verbose mode without the flag and see that the boot goes to the end without issue and fakeSMC, network kext and nvidia driver are loaded fine. Then comes the moment when I have to see the login screen, but the monitors I have ( one connected to DVI and another to HDMI ) go to standby. If I login remotely I see that the OS is booted and login screen is displayed. I can login and use with no problem. I see. Also that the card is recognized correctly, but it doesn't show any monitors connected, only the remote session screen.

In DP1 I didn't have this problem. Everything was fine and both of my screens were functioning properly. I have this ever since I installed DP2 and PB still have it.

If anyone have an idea please share.

Sent from my iPhone