Help with Clover and F4 ACPI generation + other small issues

1 post in this topic

hi there folks! i'm having a bit of an issue getting Clover to recognize the F4 key at boot time to generate the ACPI information needed. here's the deal - i'm currently booting from a pendrive and i do NOT have Clover actually installed on any of my main drives. i was definitely planning on it, however. Clover solved a huge amount of issues that were not working with my Chameleon/Enoch bootloader, but because this is my production machine, i really needed to make sure i wasn't going to ruin things with Clover installed directly. i had already cloned my original drive for extra safety.

so with a working bootloader pendrive i was then able to update the clone to Yosemite 10.10.5 using this method. so far so good! i can now boot any of my drives on my system but i have two issues that seem to be present on the Yosemite drive:

1. No USB 3.0 support

2. Can't shutdown or restart easily

so i need to find out the hardware situation on the computer, and thus i need to generate the ACPI tables at boot time. i have tried using F4 but i'm not sure how long to hold the key or whether this works. i believe my bootloader USB disk does NOT have an EFI partition on it, which means it is HFS+, and i think that means the ACPI can't be written? but the main OS drive i am booting with the bootloader does have an EFI partition with firmware.scap file.

can you add a EFI partition on the bootloader drive after the fact? or would i have to redo the bootloader drive? any assistance appreciated!

Hardware:
Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-LE Plus with modded BIOS 0606 (avoids NullCPUPowerManager.kext)

CPU - Core i5 3750K

GPU - PNY branded Nvidia 650Ti 1GB

OS - 10.10.5