Black Screen When Booting from HDD

Dimebot

1 post in this topic

Hello all, This is my first hackintosh build and I was hoping one of you wizards would be able to help me fix this black screen issue I've been getting when I try to boot Snow Leopard directly from my HDD

Firstly, here are my specs: 

MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z97M-D3H 

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231V3

HDD: Western Digital 120 GB 

RAM: 4GB Hyperx Fury

GFX: Gigabyte GeForce GT 420 2GB

PSU: Corsair CX600M

I've installed Snow Leopard 10.6.3 using Nawcom's ModCD + Snow Leopard retail DVD, but whenever I try to boot from my HDD I end up getting a black screen during the boot sequence. I've attached an image of the last screen that I see before the screen goes black. Initially, I could boot from the Nawcom CD into Snow Leopard using the Bootflag "-v PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No busratio=26." From here I updated to 10.6.7 combo update and ran post installation using MB before restarting the system. When I try to boot  directly from my HDD after the post installation I end up getting the black screen no matter the combination of bootflags I use. The only way I can boot into Snow Leopard is by booting Snow Leopard into safe mode from the Nawcom ModCD. My BIOS settings all match up with those recommended, so I fear the problem might be in connection with my GFX card or overlooking a minute detail during installation.

post-1715457-0-48484800-1465357598_thumb.jpg