Easy installation of El Capitan (10.11.5) in 5960X CPU!

297 posts in this topic

Augustopaulo,

could you share your OC settings? maybe pics of BIOS screens?

Hi kobe80,

Sure.

For OSX:

• See above post #69 and specifically on the instructions of screenshot "Sem nome 6.png" (with the files attached to post) for OSX SW part 

For BIOS v3101:

• Download here the OC BIOS screenshots taken and configure yours accordingly

Boa sorte,

Paulo

Hi Augustopaulo

thank you for this nice guide!

i am having some issues after following your guide - 

​At the beginning BT was working, however after few restarts i am having boot problem and it getting stuck in IOBLXXXXX messages, when removing the 2 BT kexts (apple kexts) i can boot the hack...

WIFI is working however under network pref i see 2 WIFI and one ethernet...should be 2 ethernet and 1 WIFI...minor issue for now

Speed test - multi core on 64bit is around 23000 which i think is too low - what idid:

remove DSDT (probably set for your CPU)

adding Nullcpu and VoodooTSCSync changing number to 23 (my CPU have 12 cores)

nothing helps.

Sleep - well...after bed time story :) it go to sleep but wake up right away.

USB 3 - we have similar MB I am guessing the same controller (maybe not the same amount of ports) is not seems to work...work as USB 2  update for USB - connecting external USB shows correct speed... :) (am i right?)

Can you please help me to figure out where is my problem?

Which file do you need from my hack?

By the way, is that OK?

Gain some more score....

ADD FakeCPUID to plist, remove P states...

Anything else to tweak? :)

Hi ergot,

Very detailed post  ^_^

Let me try to help on your issues:

• Bluetooth:
    • For bluetooth to work, it needs the Clover config.plist section "/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch", patch #5 "10.11.5 BT4LE-Handoff-Hotspot" and needs the kexts: BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext & BrcmPatchRAM2.kext in Systems/Library/Extensions
    • Also you have SIP enable, so you need to disable it in Clover config.plist (CsrActiveConfig = 0x3) in order to follow next installation instructions
    • Try re-installing BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext & BrcmPatchRAM2.kext with "Kext Utility.app" in Systems/Library/Extensions, in order to rebuild the boot cache
  • Speed Test:
    • I don't know really what type of CPU test scores you should be having with your setup (CPU+RAM), but you did right on removing the DSDT.aml, as its meant only for this CPU
    • Adding the Nullcpu and VoodooTSCSync was also a good idea - for my rig in OC settings see post #76 above
  • SLEEP:
    • My rig goes into sleep mode, but wakes up immediately due to having the USB connection from my PSU - no problem for me right now
    • Check if you have any USB device not detected nor controlled by OSX, disconnect it and try again...
    • Believe the thenightlyer had success (post lost by insanelymac) on sleeping & waking up by just using the VoodooTSCSync.kext...
  • USB3:
    • It's fine, you've got 5GB/s connecting speed

Boa sorte,

Paulo

Hi ergot,

Very detailed post  ^_^

Let me try to help on your issues:

• Bluetooth:
    • For bluetooth to work, it needs the Clover config.plist section "/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch", patch #5 "10.11.5 BT4LE-Handoff-Hotspot" and needs the kexts: BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext & BrcmPatchRAM2.kext in Systems/Library/Extensions
    • Also you have SIP enable, so you need to disable it in Clover config.plist (CsrActiveConfig = 0x3) in order to follow next installation instructions
    • Try re-installing BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext & BrcmPatchRAM2.kext with "Kext Utility.app" in Systems/Library/Extensions, in order to rebuild the boot cache
  • Speed Test:
    • I don't know really what type of CPU test scores you should be having with your setup (CPU+RAM), but you did right on removing the DSDT.aml, as its meant only for this CPU
    • Adding the Nullcpu and VoodooTSCSync was also a good idea - for my rig in OC settings see post #76 above
  • SLEEP:
    • My rig goes into sleep mode, but wakes up immediately due to having the USB connection from my PSU - no problem for me right now
    • Check if you have any USB device not detected nor controlled by OSX, disconnect it and try again...
    • Believe the thenightlyer had success (post lost by insanelymac) on sleeping & waking up by just using the VoodooTSCSync.kext...
  • USB3:
    • It's fine, you've got 5GB/s connecting speed

Boa sorte,

Paulo

Thank you for your great help friend!

for BT, I have tried but none helped - my SIP is disabled (also in config.plist) - sometimes i get it to work but than the next reset it crash - will have to google for more options

Speed test - maybe because my CPU is ES version...? (engineering sample) - removing NullCPU causing krnl panic 

Sleep - no USB connected, leaving only VoodooTSCync causing KRNL panic - for now i think its OK until i find a solution

Just need to work out this BT issue and I'm done!

Thanks for your guide and support!

Opps...SIP is enabled...Hmmm...strange I use clover config as advised ...any other way to disable it?

tried with 0x67 cannot boot...is there a hidden folder that keeps records of unsigned kexts that load / unload them when needed?

the only way to boot up is deleting BCM and IOB kexts,,,,

post-474300-0-40743200-1468080591.png

Hi Saijohn,

The solution you've used (MBP) is also my last solution whenever the filesystem is so corrupt in the hackintosh you're trying to boot from...

Unfortunately I don't have a 2nd GPU, but googling around I did find some very useful information.

Unfortunately again, this forum prohibits links to the *OTHER* forum, so, I'll just ask you to google for: "SSDT GPU (Graphics Card) Injection" and then read post 1 & 2 and follow from post 3 instructions... :P

Boa sorte

Paulo

Thanks Augustopaulo!

I see what you mean after reading the posts.... LOL!!

I guess I got some work to do then.

Hi Augusto Paulo, I see on the other thread that nmano managed to install, using your method, I guess, 10.11.5 to gaming g1 and 5960x. I have the same setup as him. What should I do to get mine working using your method? Thank you very much for your time.

Hi Augusto Paulo, I see on the other thread that nmano managed to install, using your method, I guess, 10.11.5 to gaming g1 and 5960x. I have the same setup as him. What should I do to get mine working using your method? Thank you very much for your time.

Hi Abacax86,

Try to start from 1st post of this guide, where you configure your BIOS similarly to mine, then start installing El Capitan onto a an empty disk and so on... ^_^

If you stop at any step and don't understand why, then just ask here and myself and others will surely help.

Boa Sorte,

Paulo

• Like 1

re do all over again -disable SIP from a macbook pro, followed carefully again but it seems that my IOBT kext are causing Kpanic all the time ONLY when removing them I can boot up the system.

Is that related to the string that the patch using? perhaps I need different ones...?

re do all over again -disable SIP from a macbook pro, followed carefully again but it seems that my IOBT kext are causing Kpanic all the time ONLY when removing them I can boot up the system.

Is that related to the string that the patch using? perhaps I need different ones...?

Hi ergot, 

That seems more related to the filesystem or a kext cache type of problems...

What error does it show ? Can you take a picture of it or show here the boot error log ?

Also, can you install again both bluetooth kext files into SLE with "Kext Utility.app" BUT restart your machine without loading the caches in Clover bootloader (press space) ?

Boa sorte,

Paulo

Hi augustopaulo,

please see attached.

followed your task cannot boot with no cache.

A little comfort my sleep is working now :) but no sound when returning from sleep...tried to install CodecCommander.kext (google) with kext utility restart and check...still no sound after sleep.  need to use the correct kext (1150 for me) - USB that connected to front  will be eject out after sleep...hey google can you give me an answer for this as well? :)

Any other possible fix?

post-474300-0-86288400-1468142634_thumb.jpg

Hi augustopaulo,

please see attached.

followed your task cannot boot with no cache.

A little comfort my sleep is working now :) but no sound when returning from sleep...tried to install CodecCommander.kext (google) with kext utility restart and check...still no sound after sleep.  need to use the correct kext (1150 for me) - USB that connected to front  will be eject out after sleep...hey google can you give me an answer for this as well? :)

Any other possible fix?

Hi ergot,

Your boot picture shows that OSX cannot properly identify your CPU, hence no CPU Power Management is loaded and that makes one of the bluetooth kext crash your system...

See your highlighted picture below:

post-105782-0-92004600-1468154414_thumb.png

Since your CPU is not a 5960X, you may need to google around for a compatible model to put in the FakeCPUID section of Clover config.plist! 

Try this link to start:

https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/KernelAndKextPatches#kernelandkextpatches_fakecpuid 

Boa sorte,

Paulo

Hi ergot,

Your boot picture shows that OSX cannot properly identify your CPU, hence no CPU Power Management is loaded and that makes one of the bluetooth kext crash your system...

See your highlighted picture below:

attachicon.gifNo ACPI powerManagement.png

Since your CPU is not a 5960X, you may need to google around for a compatible model to put in the FakeCPUID section of Clover config.plist! 

Try this link to start:

https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/KernelAndKextPatches#kernelandkextpatches_fakecpuid 

Boa sorte,

Paulo

Thanks!

nothing helped...i tried many fake ID's also w/out cannot...funny thing it was working before without any problems...have to try some more

Hey, I followed the guide but I'm still stuck at PCI Configuration Begin. System Specs:

5960X

Rampage V Extreme

2x Titan X (SLI)

Sound Card in PCI slot

Samsung 950 Pro NVMe (Want to install here)

64GB Corsair Ram

Also I saw you changed some of the steps in the later posts, but I couldn't really follow them since they were all done through replies to different people. Do you think you could update the OP, and possibly provide optional installation instructions for installing to USB?

Hey, I followed the guide but I'm still stuck at PCI Configuration Begin. System Specs:

5960X

Rampage V Extreme

2x Titan X (SLI)

Sound Card in PCI slot

Samsung 950 Pro NVMe (Want to install here)

64GB Corsair Ram

Also I saw you changed some of the steps in the later posts, but I couldn't really follow them since they were all done through replies to different people. Do you think you could update the OP, and possibly provide optional installation instructions for installing to USB?

I will suggest you to start with 1 GPU and remove Audio PCI.

I will suggest you to start with 1 GPU and remove Audio PCI.

I think I tried that before, but I'll try again. Haven't some changes been made regarding fakecpuid and nullpowermanagement that weren't implemented in the OP? Don't want to miss anything...

Hi Everyone, need some help from you guys.

Last week my system was working. This week it took a dump on me. Bootloop.

And just goes back to clover over and over. The last thing I did was updated itunes. But dont think that can coz it.

Is there anything I can do to recover it? or should I just try to reinstall from scratch?

And anyone here running on the latest Asus Bios 3202?

Thanks in advance.

Where did you find Bios 3202?? The last shown in Asus (IT) support site is 3101......

Where did you find Bios 3202?? The last shown in Asus (IT) support site is 3101......

Found it when I was reading the ROG Forum. One of the post was about Bios 3202. And it suggested to look it up on the ASUS Global site.

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/RAMPAGE_V_EXTREME/HelpDesk_Download/

I think I tried that before, but I'll try again. Haven't some changes been made regarding fakecpuid and nullpowermanagement that weren't implemented in the OP? Don't want to miss anything...

Hi DarkGhost,

I have the same MB and have 2 GTX 980 Ti. I can boot up fine. sorta.

Can you double check that you are getting stuck or does it reboot back to Clover.

It happened to me at the beginning. But later I found out that it booted into the desktop but the signal from the GPU dropped out.

If you read the previous post then you will know that I actually need to plug in a DVI to HDMI cable and a displayport cable. Then I will get video signal.

Also, how did you install 10.11.5? I used a Macbook Pro installed it onto a SSD and put it back into my Hackintosh and it booted.

Try take a pic of where it hangs in verbose mode and post it here.

Augustopaulo and others will be able to decipher whats wrong and guide you the right path.

Cheers 

• Like 1

Found it when I was reading the ROG Forum. One of the post was about Bios 3202. And it suggested to look it up on the ASUS Global site.

Hi DarkGhost,

Can you double check that you are getting stuck or does it reboot back to Clover.

It happened to me at the beginning. But later I found out that it booted into the desktop but the signal from the GPU dropped out.

If you read the previous post then you will know that I actually need to plug in a DVI to HDMI cable and a displayport cable. Then I will get video signal.

Also, how did you install 10.11.5? I used a Macbook Pro installed it onto a SSD and put it back into my Hackintosh and it booted.

Augustopaulo and others will be able to decipher whats wrong and guide you the right path.

Cheers That's why...you have Rampage Extreme MB not Deluxe...this is because i didnt find that version  :D

Hi DarkGhost,

Cheers

Sure. I never actually got to the installer, but I did the set up part of the guide from a Macbook onto a USB external HDD. I'm going to redo the whole set up on my external HDD just to double check I did everything right the first time. I've read through all the posts, and it seems that some parts of the set up have changed since the OP, like getting AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext loaded using fakecpuID, and I know I need an extra kext to install on M.2 NVMe. This is my first time doing any of this, so I would appreciate if one of you guys could explain what I should do differently from the OP and at what point in the guide should the changes be made to accommodate my build. Thanks!

Hi guys, I have an update  :)

I formatted my external HDD and redid the installation. I was able to get to step 6.6 in the guide and restarted the computer.

On the reboot, I got this far before the computer crashed (http://imgur.com/K1Ri4SH)

I tried to reboot again and got the PCI Configuration Begin before the system crashed (http://imgur.com/QItVdXE)

(When I tried to post images, it said the extension isn't allowed on the board so I posted links instead. Also sorry for the image quality. My camera didn't have much time to focus before my computer would force reboot).

Since I hadn't gotten to the part in the guide where I had installed the nivida drivers, I made sure "nv_disable=1" was in the bootflags both times. I also unplugged my second titan x and sound card so the only thing in the PCI slot was a single titan x. PLEASE HELP! Thanks!

Edit: Oh, and I'm not sure if this is useful/relevant, but the way I shut down the Mac at step 6.6 was by clicking on the apple logo in the upper left corner and clicking shut down. The screen went black, and then white text scrolled for about 10 seconds before the computer powered off. Sorry, I didn't have a chance to take a pic of that, and I can't recreate it because currently I'm having trouble booting.

Hi guys, I have an update  :)

I formatted my external HDD and redid the installation. I was able to get to step 6.6 in the guide and restarted the computer.

On the reboot, I got this far before the computer crashed (http://imgur.com/K1Ri4SH)

I tried to reboot again and got the PCI Configuration Begin before the system crashed (http://imgur.com/QItVdXE)

(When I tried to post images, it said the extension isn't allowed on the board so I posted links instead. Also sorry for the image quality. My camera didn't have much time to focus before my computer would force reboot).

Since I hadn't gotten to the part in the guide where I had installed the nivida drivers, I made sure "nv_disable=1" was in the bootflags both times. I also unplugged my second titan x and sound card so the only thing in the PCI slot was a single titan x. PLEASE HELP! Thanks!

Edit: Oh, and I'm not sure if this is useful/relevant, but the way I shut down the Mac at step 6.6 was by clicking on the apple logo in the upper left corner and clicking shut down. The screen went black, and then white text scrolled for about 10 seconds before the computer powered off. Sorry, I didn't have a chance to take a pic of that, and I can't recreate it because currently I'm having trouble booting.

Hi darkghost568,

Try to get your HW setup as close to mine so that I can help more accurately:

• 5960X
  • Only 1 GPU - can't you temporary get hold of an Nvidia 980 ?
  • No PCI sound card
  • don't install on NVME yet, instead install onto an external or SATA SSD/HDD
  • BIOS (very important your motherboard is different from mine):
    • How did you configure your BIOS ?
    • Can you show some pictures of your BIOS configuration?

I did notice the error on 1st image: "Architecture couldn’t be recognized! PMC_BOOT_0", which googling around seems to indicate video card problems, specifically related to the "NVDAStartup.kext" (link and also  more info here) and to Nvidia Titan cards..

See also answer given on post #75 (here) for dual 980ti GPU...

When you finish step 6.6, your system boots with a AppleGraphicsControl.kext already modified for SMBIOS 6.1 to prevent black screen on boot, but maybe with your video board try to boot up your system with clover ignoring boot cache and by adding "nv_disable=1" to clover boot arguments  and then post your progress here, ok ?

Boa sorte,

Paulo

• Like 1

Hi darkghost568,

Try to get your HW setup as close to mine so that I can help more accurately:

• 5960X
  • Only 1 GPU - can't you temporary get hold of an Nvidia 980 ?
  • No PCI sound card
  • don't install on NVME yet, instead install onto an external or SATA SSD/HDD
  • BIOS (very important your motherboard is different from mine):
    • How did you configure your BIOS ?
    • Can you show some pictures of your BIOS configuration?

I did notice the error on 1st image: "Architecture couldn’t be recognized! PMC_BOOT_0", which googling around seems to indicate video card problems, specifically related to the "NVDAStartup.kext" (link and also  more info here) and to Nvidia Titan cards..

See also answer given on post #75 (here) for dual 980ti GPU...

When you finish step 6.6, your system boots with a AppleGraphicsControl.kext already modified for SMBIOS 6.1 to prevent black screen on boot, but maybe with your video board try to boot up your system with clover ignoring boot cache and by adding "nv_disable=1" to clover boot arguments  and then post your progress here, ok ?

Boa sorte,

Paulo

• I don't have any way to get a hold of a 980 sorry :/
  • I don't have either my sound card or second gpu installed
  • I haven't been trying to install to the NVMe, but it is still in the slot on my board. I installed to a segate external HDD, and was booting off of that.
  • I was able to set up my BIOS exactly like yours; the rampage and the deluxe are virtually the same, and I have had "nv_disable=1" in the boot arguments the whole time.

Suggestions?

• I don't have any way to get a hold of a 980 sorry :/
  • I don't have either my sound card or second gpu installed
  • I haven't been trying to install to the NVMe, but it is still in the slot on my board. I installed to a segate external HDD, and was booting off of that.
  • I was able to set up my BIOS exactly like yours; the rampage and the deluxe are virtually the same, and I have had "nv_disable=1" in the boot arguments the whole time.

Suggestions?

Hi darkghost568,

Try a radical solution:

• Backup your 5960X system HDD
  • Attached you external HDD to another hackintosh/MBP and install Nvidia Driver Web onto it...

Make sure that clover boot args has nvda_drv=1 included and post the result of booting on the 5960X system...

As I don't have your HW its not easy to help!

Boa sorte,

Paulo

• Like 1

Hi darkghost568,

Try a radical solution:

• Backup your 5960X system HDD
  • Attached you external HDD to another hackintosh/MBP and install Nvidia Driver Web onto it...

Make sure that clover boot args has nvda_drv=1 included and post the result of booting on the 5960X system...

As I don't have your HW its not easy to help!

Boa sorte,

Paulo

Good idea! I'll keep you posted. I'm new to all of this, so this might be a stupid question, but when I download the Nivida web driver installer, do I just point the installer to the external HDD "Macintosh HD"?

Good idea! I'll keep you posted. I'm new to all of this, so this might be a stupid question, but when I download the Nivida web driver installer, do I just point the installer to the external HDD "Macintosh HD"?

Hi darkghost568, 

Yes, just point to external installation HD.

Boa sorte,

Paulo