HD4000 - No Kext Loaded

4 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I've just installed El Capitan (10.11.5) on my PC but can't seem to be having difficulty getting everything to work properly.

My main issue is my onboard Intel HD4000 graphics. I have injected FakeID 0x01620009 into my config.plist using Clover Configurator which seems to resolve the slow booting speed (almost as if it likes the graphics) but the resolution is still stuck at 1024x768 and when I view the 'About This Mac' screen, it is only showing 'Intel HD Graphics 4000 3 MB' despite setting the VRAM size to 64Mb in the bios. It also says 'No Kext Loaded' under the System Info app. The animation effects are very slow and laggy and when I initially log in, the screen glitches a tiny bit before loading the desktop. I've followed some guides online but just can't seem to get this sorted and I am finding it quite frustrating as I do feel I am quite computer-literate. Thus my final cry for help!

I'm also having issues with hearing any sound despite the speaker icon showing in the menu bar. I'm using the 'Realtek 892' kext with the 'Optional 3 Port' in [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. This is in accordance with instructions that someone else who has the same board posted on getting everything to work (although they had an Nvidia card and were not using the onboard graphics). I can only assume that the audio is being routed out via the digital optical port and not the green jack port. This is a secondary issue to the one above. 

I am also getting random 'Error Allocating Memory' messages when I boot up from Clover but this is again a secondary issue.

Any help would be most appreciated!

Thank you so much in advance,

DazzyB.

• 3 weeks later...

Have you installed FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext ? It might help

For the other issue, with the memory allocation, you should tell us what EFI drivers you are using, by attaching your Clover folder. I would try OSXAptioFixDRV2.efi .

• 2 weeks later...