I want to install OS X on my existing PC and need some advice

lordscales91

2 posts in this topic

Hi, first of all let me introduce a bit myself. I am software developer, I learnt programming in Java and I also learnt Android developing and Python. Now quite recently I'm interested in C++, because it is an object-oriented compiled language so it is the best when performance comes to play. So my main interest in hackintosh is for developing/experimenting.

I will tell you more about it below, but now here I will drop some doubts/questions that I have about hackintoshing.

First, I have already researched a bit about my hardware and I think I will be fine. This is my build http://pcpartpicker.com/p/m2p7rH

Note that I didn't had planned to install OS X on it, but I think I was lucky enough to get a fairly compatible hardware.

Now here comes an important question. There are any good alternatives to tonymacx86 beasts? Why do I need them?

https://tkware.info/2013/01/27/hypocrisy-thy-name-is-tonymacx86/

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/278907-permanently-banned-from-tonymacx86/

I prefer to do not use their crapware. I was lucky enough to get a copy of both programs from a nice user on Reddit. But I'm not sure whether is it a good idea to use them or not. I know that you can directly use Clover to create a bootable drive, but... What is the difference between that and the "magic" of the tonymacx86 tool?

Now I should mention that my goal is to triple boot Windows, Ubuntu and OS X. Can you give me some advice?

From here I will describe more deeply my motivations to hackintoshing.

Well I mentioned that my purposes were mainly for developing. More specifically I'm interested on iOS Development (obviously) but instead of developing "native" applications maybe I will try Oracle's Mobile Application Framework (Ha! Surely you didn't saw that coming) specially because I could use my favourite IDE, Eclipse. But my developing interest doesn't end here. Since I will develop eventually some C++ applications I would like to create multiple distributions for different platforms, including Mac OS X. Even if I make them open source, so anyone could compile them. Because an official distribution is almost always more trustful than the non-official ones, and of course the end user may not know how to properly compile the application.

Besides the developing interest I just would like to experiment and learn. Jesus! Apple is obsessed with the Command key(Yeah I already installed OS X on VMs, more specifically on Virtualbox), you need it for common shortcuts such us copy & paste. Which is very funny since the Windows key is almost useless. But becomes the Command key on Hackintosh and the Super key on Ubuntu.

And last, but not least. Having a machine with the 3 main OSes should make you feel like you have a machine to rule them all. ( ^_^)

Sorry, this took longer than expected, I would be very happy if read the full post.

Usually people that want to have an hackintosh and google search arrive first to tony site.

In my experience his tools don't explane what they do, he present the hack world more easy than it really is, he says: "download this, click there, create pendrive, install et voila! Now you have a perfect hack..." almost never it happen. Most people that ask on insanelymac after tony tools have a situation not clear on their pc so it's better to format and install again. They suggest to not use a DSDT and to have a smbios mac pro 3,1, that is not the better solution for recent hardware.

Insanelymac says: "Ok, it can be hard to have a good hack, but with patience and work it sould be possible." and give the guide for that.

About triple boot no problem with clover.

Good hack.