ASRock Extreme7+ Z170 SKYLAKE

Mork vom Ork

28 posts in this topic

Hello Folks,

could someone please be so kind and check (fix) my DSDT.aml for me, so i can insert any patch to it.

I am an absolute Noob in DSDT-Editing, can't find any good Beginners Guide on this... so i ask the community for help.

Attached you will find my EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin Folder with all extracted files from Clover (rev. 3545) F4 feature.

Thanx in advance...

ACPI_origin.zip

Oh,

for those who are interested: this is my USBFix.aml (in this case DSL for you to edit) file for the ASRock Z170 Extreme7+ motherboard. I have included all available ports (up to port# 1a). All working w/o USB3.1 ports (neither type C, nor type A Connector).

Use this one to make your own. To use this one, i have excluded some ports (which i currently do not use) with the following command in CLOVERS config.plist under boot/arguments/:

uia_exclude=HS08;HS09;HS10;HS11;HS12;HS13;HS14;USR1;USR2;SS10

Using this bootstring i could delete the KernelAndKextPatches for "Raise USB Port limit". All USB-Ports are working with their expected speed when connected with either USB2 or USB3 devices.

So here is the file:

post-598588-0-52629700-1464210523_thumb.png

USBFix.dsl.zip

PS: having a USB3 Cardreader on Port SS05. Trying to make it appear as internal Apple Card Reader within SystemInfo. Will let you know, when i succeed.

Edit I: as you can see in the DSL file within the commented ports, i use an USB2/3 CardReader like this one (exactly this one):
post-598588-0-96511500-1464213892_thumb.jpg

so delete these ports if you don't have one simular.

Edit II: the uncommented ports are uncommented, cause i could not figure out, which ports these are. To get the ports commented, i put one USB2 stick and one USB3 stick in each reachable port. Some uncommented HS0x ports could be the onboard USB2 ports 5&6 and 7&8 (cause Extreme7+ uses 3 onbaord USB2 connectors (2 ports each connector) and 2 onboard USB3 connectors).

Oh,

for those who are interested: this is my USBFix.aml (in this case DSL) file for the ASRock Extreme7+ motherboard. I have included all available ports (up to port# 1a). All working w/o USB3.1 ports (neither type C, nor type A Connector).

Use this one to make your own. To use this one, i have excluded some ports (which i currently do not use) with the following command in CLOVERS config.plist under boot/arguments/:

uia_exclude=HS08;HS09;HS10;HS11;HS12;HS13;HS14;USR1;USR2;SS10

Using this bootstring i could delete the KernelAndKextPatches for "Raise USB Port limit". All USB-Ports are working with their expected speed when connected with either USB2 or USB3 devices.

So here is the file:

attachicon.gifASRock_Extreme7+_UsbPortsWorking.png

attachicon.gifUSBFix.dsl.zip

PS: having a USB3 Cardreader on Port SS05. Trying to make it appear as internal Apple Card Reader within SystemInfo. Will let you know, when i succeed.

Great work, keep it up.

Does it make a difference if you keep your .aml USB patch in /patched/ or not? I can't figure out that part on my build.

Great work, keep it up.

Does it make a difference if you keep your .aml USB patch in /patched/ or not? I can't figure out that part on my build.

Tried that with UEFI boot: w/o this USBFix.aml in ACPI/patched and the KernelAndKext patch to raise the usb port limit up to 2A i got the same port config under DCPIManager. Also all ports work as expected with usb2 or usb3 port speed. So i believe that u don't need this USBFix.aml to use all usb-ports on this board (just the "raise usb port limit" patch if you want to use more than 15 ports.)

I did this aml-file for my own just to keep my "Hackintosh" as regular as possible  :D

Today i just installed my ASUS ThunderboltEX DUAL card into PCIslot#3, turned on "Intel Thunderbold" in BIOS and selected "one time saved key" instead of "legacy"... and guess what:

post-598588-0-77706900-1464476468_thumb.jpg

Can see Thunderbolt card in System Information under the Thunderbolt options!!! Surprise, surprise, surprise...

Used an ASRock Thunderbolt 2 AIC the last weeks and no matter what i selected, i can't get to see under the Thunderbolt Options within System Information - even if the connected Thunderbolt device gets recognized by El Capitan/Yosemite and being able to use the connected Thunderbolt devices.

Havent change anything here, no CLOVER settings changed, no Extensions patched, nothing. Just changed the card.

Was using this card in my old ASUS X99-E WS board w/o any hassle, but wasn't able to get it installed on this ASRock Z170 Extreme7+ so that it will be shown under Thunderbolt in System Information.

Very strange, but makes me happy. Another point solved on my list.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...