El Capitan on my MSi GE62 for xCode

Mewan

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I want to install El Capitan on my windows laptop sothat i can start programming in xCode. I used VMWare so far, but its quite slow when coding with xCode and quite annoying to be honest. I will post my laptop Dxdiag file below and if someone could let me know how I can install El Capitan on my laptop by providing the correct kextfiles and a good guide, it would be really helpful.

Thank You.

more details of your hardware would be helpful. write your full hardware specifications in your signature.

My apologies. I thought I uploaded my Dxdiag file. Here it is.

I believe your NVIDIA GTX 965M GPU will not work in any release of OS X. So you will be forced to use the Intel HD Graphics 4600 GPU instead, which is fine for your usage case. As for a guide, unless someone else has the same computer and took their time to write a guide, you will have to read the general guides on how to install OS X on your computer. For starters, you'll need to create a bootable USB drive with OS X, which can be done by running OS X in VMware. Then, you will test it and see if it can be booted and see if OS X detects the keyboard/trackpad.

I believe your NVIDIA GTX 965M GPU will not work in any release of OS X. So you will be forced to use the Intel HD Graphics 4600 GPU instead, which is fine for your usage case. As for a guide, unless someone else has the same computer and took their time to write a guide, you will have to read the general guides on how to install OS X on your computer. For starters, you'll need to create a bootable USB drive with OS X, which can be done by running OS X in VMware. Then, you will test it and see if it can be booted and see if OS X detects the keyboard/trackpad.

Yeah. I think the Intel will be sufficient for just coding. Do I need a separate HDD or if I just partition my HDD, will it be alright? Also will I lose any of my existing data in the HDD if i do partition it? 

Thank You.

Yeah. I think the Intel will be sufficient for just coding. Do I need a separate HDD or if I just partition my HDD, will it be alright? Also will I lose any of my existing data in the HDD if i do partition it? 

Thank You.

Mac computers use the GPT partition table which is what OS X likes to be installed on. It will not let you install if the installer detects that you are installing it on a hard drive using the MBR partition table. I am not sure what partition table your computer is currently using.

Normally when someone wants to install OS X internally on a computer, the hard drive is wiped clean. This is essential if you are planning to dual boot with Windows. That way, you never have to format again. 

In your case, it is very dangerous to do this with an existing install of Windows. I would recommend you to not touch the hard drive that has Windows installed. It is possible to install OS X on an external drive. Sure, it would be slower but you wouldn't risk your data if you do that. When the installer has loaded up, you would use Disk Utility and format the external hard drive as HFS+ Journaled with the GPT partition table option enabled.

• Like 1

Mac computers use the GPT partition table which is what OS X likes to be installed on. It will not let you install if the installer detects that you are installing it on a hard drive using the MBR partition table. I am not sure what partition table your computer is currently using.

Normally when someone wants to install OS X internally on a computer, the hard drive is wiped clean. This is essential if you are planning to dual boot with Windows. That way, you never have to format again. 

In your case, it is very dangerous to do this with an existing install of Windows. I would recommend you to not touch the hard drive that has Windows installed. It is possible to install OS X on an external drive. Sure, it would be slower but you wouldn't risk your data if you do that. When the installer has loaded up, you would use Disk Utility and format the external hard drive as HFS+ Journaled with the GPT partition table option enabled.

Thanks alot. Will get a external HDD in that case.

So I got a external HDD and downloded El Capitan from the OS X App store and used clover to create a bootable USB. When I run the install from Clover i faced a few error. 

The first error was an error loading the kernel cache. So i used UseKernelCache=No and got past it.

The next error was OsxAptioFixDrv error. I used OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 and got past that error as well.

The final error I face and couldn't get past was Couldn't allocate runtime area. 

The three pictures of the error are attached below and even the EFI drivers folder.

Any idea how I can get past this error?

Thanks.

Edit: The last two pictures are upside down for some reason. I tried rotating them, but when they get uploaded they get uploaded upside down. So you will have to download the images to read it properly, or tilt your head by 180 degrees.  :hysterical: Sorry!

post-894507-0-67968200-1464290699_thumb.jpg

post-894507-0-64679900-1464290718_thumb.png

post-894507-0-48073400-1464441907_thumb.jpg

post-894507-0-93052400-1464441919_thumb.jpg