5960x successfully installed under El Capitan 10.11.3

138 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to get this working on a C612 motherboard with one Xeon 2650 v4. Got past the PCI Configuration issue (thanks Brumbaer & others!) but stuck on this:

http://goloskok.com/u/20160918_013108_2.jpg

Any ideas?

Setup is as follows:

Supermicro X10DAL-i (Dual socket 2011-3 C612)

Xeon 2650 v4 ES

Sapphire ATI HD 7870 (2 GB)

Clover OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, FakeSMC.kext, Brumbaer Patch, Kernel CPU flag, npci=0x2000

Tried Mac6,1 and default settings

Edit:

Sorry about sidetracking the thread, but thanks to maleorderbride's tip, it's now booting! Geekbenching 3354 / 22499

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to get this working on a C612 motherboard with one Xeon 2650 v4. Got past the PCI Configuration issue (thanks Brumbaer & others!) but stuck on this:

http://goloskok.com/u/20160918_013108_2.jpg

Any ideas?

Setup is as follows:

Supermicro X10DAL-i (Dual socket 2011-3 C612)

Xeon 2650 v4 ES

Sapphire ATI HD 7870 (2 GB)

Clover OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, FakeSMC.kext, Brumbaer Patch, Kernel CPU flag, npci=0x2000

Tried Mac6,1 and default settings

Not the right place for this, but you need to disable the Serial Ports (sometimes called SuperIO)

• 2 weeks later...

I have an ASUS X99-Deluxe II running el cap with the 6950X CPU, using Brumbaer's patch (thank you!!). I had migrated from el cap/5960X quite easily.

I am now wondering what is needed to further move from el cap to Sierra....would it just be the 10.12 patch that follows Brumbaer's patch on the first post or have others run into other requirements?

I would very much appreciate any suggestions as I think I have reached my knowledge limit...

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to add that the 10.11 patch also works in 10.10. I was hunkering down to try to port it, and then the hex just matched as soon as I ran a search.

If you use the rollback technique in 10.10, then it screws up firewire, thunderbolt, and anything else that is dependent upon the latest PCIFamily.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I recently built pc with components:

MDB: Gigabyte X99 Gaming 5P

iCPU: 7 6800

GPU: Asus strix 970

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2400 32GB

I installed 10.11.6. Every component work fine - gpu, lan, bluetooth dongle, sound card - but I noticed some strange behaviour. When I played video file from any application - Adobe premiere, FCPX, Youtube on safari or chrome, VLC, QT player, audio and video are out of sync, even I used usb lexicon alpha or blackmagic intensity. 

I found source of problem. This is CPU. When I replaced i7 6800 with E5 2695 v3, playback video was normal.

Does anybody have some idea?

Sasha, does your system clock run at the correct speed? Check it when you boot, then check it an hour later - is the time accurate? If not, this might be caused by an old Clover bug for Broadwell-E. Fixed in the latest Clover revisions.

Sasha, does your system clock run at the correct speed? Check it when you boot, then check it an hour later - is the time accurate? If not, this might be caused by an old Clover bug for Broadwell-E. Fixed in the latest Clover revisions.

Thank you very much! With replacement clover, the problem is solved. But, I lost audio. Voodoo kext doesn‘t work any more. I tried to put back old clover, and voodoo works again. It‘s crazy. Newest clover also solved my ram problem. I don‘t have to map memory slots in clover any more. Fortunately, things about X99 and CPUs 2011 v3 and v4 are getting better. :) 

Another good news about my hackintosh. With newest clover and clean new installation 10.11.6, I noticed "metal" acceleration as option in adobe premiere. FCPX works at least 2x faster.  Probably I must not install cuda driver. Audio works fine with voodoo 2.8.9. I‘m satisfied now, finaly.  :D

• 2 months later...

If you're running E5 2600 v3 family cpu, I've got good news for you!

A local village elder here, called 'the Stilt', made me aware of a bug on the cpu's microcode that allows you to run the cpu all core turbo at single core turbo levels!

For example production stepping e5-2683 v3 would do 14 cores @3.0GHz. :)

The magic is, simply, to remove the microcode update patch from your bios. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I'm running X99 Final1ty Gaming i7 motherboard + a 6900K processor.

I managed to get my own IOPCIFamily compiled with a MAX_BAR_SIZE fix (should also fix PFM64_SIZE??) and now  the system boots up well.
I'm using enoch, and don't get any instability due to the funky EFI memory map on these boards. I'm also running a custom kernel to avoid binary patching.. I just added in the entry for BROADWELLE (family 0x4F) in cpuid.c.

:thumbsup_anim:  :D 

USB problems I just rolled back the kexts using spakk's method, see this.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...