mac on a 360

Soündless

12 posts in this topic

i think this would be awesome to do, but your not going to just be able to pop in your disc and install. it would have to be a patched version, if even that would be possible. someone would probably have to write a graphics driver, and maybe a couple other depending. i don't know if a 360 would be the best system to run a full os on though (even though i'd love to do it), just because the hard drive is so small. you wouldn't be able to fit much on it (although an external hard drive might help a little) .

You will have to wait until a propper mod-chip comes out for the 360 before it becomes feasable. The current set of mod-chips only remove the media check, so you can play copied games, they don't allow you to run unsigned code yet. Im sure one day it will be possible.

also note that the g5 systems they showed running 360 games were running dumbed down versions of the actual games for the 360 as the video cards available for the g5 were not capable of delivering levels of performance similar to the r500 series gpu on the actual 360. so youd probably have to find some way to deal with that issue unless you want lag...

microsoft is finally seeing apple as its master i believe - considering that they showed off the first beta of MS office 2007 on a MBP

Microsoft does'nt compete with apple. they do however compete with osx microsoft is just software. so if they can show thier stuff on whatever hardware they wish.