Installing a El Capitan on Dell Alienware 15r2 - Skylake system

124 posts in this topic

Hey Guys, i share the working files for Mac OS X Sierra:

-The EFI folder (you have to generate the serials numbers for the Macbook pro (use Clover COnfigurator)

-The working kexts

What works so far:

-Bluetooth

-Webcam

-Audio (all ports + mic and sound volume control)

-CPU power management

-Boot from Nvme SSD

-Sleep

-Graphics (HD530 for internal display + 980m GTX for HDMI VIdeo out - you have to use the nvidia web drivers)

-Keuboard (i use VoodooPs2 from Rehabman, only tap from trackpad not working but it's not important for me)

-USBs

-Battery

-Brightness control

-Full hardware recognition (RAM, etc.)

-etc

Not working:

-HDMI audio ( i give up for now)

-WIFI ( i have killer 1535, waiting for a broadcom card to be shipped)

If you use these files to boot into the installer, change the boot arguments by removing nvda_drv=1 and putting nv_disable=1 instead).

Enjoy.

Note: Files tested and working with Bios 1.3.6.  I tried with the older Bios (1.2.2) but i could not boot to OSX).

Credits:

@Rehabman (DSDT + general problem solving)

@Mirone (Audio debugging

@Toleda (HDMI audio debugging)

@wern apfel (the creator of the AppleHDA patch for our hardware)

@Mieze for the Atheros kext

@All hackintosh community for everything.

EFI.zip

Kexts.zip

For anyone who is trying to hackintosh this laptop, can you please report if the files are working for you and if you have any outstanding issues ?

Also can you please let me know if any of you can see the Nvidia Audio codec in DPCImanager (if so what Bios are you using and how you did manage that).

Thanks.

For anyone who is trying to hackintosh this laptop, can you please report if the files are working for you and if you have any outstanding issues ?

Also can you please let me know if any of you can see the Nvidia Audio codec in DPCImanager (if so what Bios are you using and how you did manage that).

Thanks.

thanks your share. can you tell me how to get 980m GTX for HDMI video work?

Hey Guys, i share the working files for Mac OS X Sierra:

-The EFI folder (you have to generate the serials numbers for the Macbook pro (use Clover COnfigurator)

-The working kexts

What works so far:

-Bluetooth

-Webcam

-Audio (all ports + mic and sound volume control)

-CPU power management

-Boot from Nvme SSD

-Sleep

-Graphics (HD530 for internal display + 980m GTX for HDMI VIdeo out - you have to use the nvidia web drivers)

-Keuboard (i use VoodooPs2 from Rehabman, only tap from trackpad not working but it's not important for me)

-USBs

-Battery

-Brightness control

-Full hardware recognition (RAM, etc.)

-etc

Not working:

-HDMI audio ( i give up for now)

-WIFI ( i have killer 1535, waiting for a broadcom card to be shipped)

If you use these files to boot into the installer, change the boot arguments by removing nvda_drv=1 and putting nv_disable=1 instead).

Enjoy.

Note: Files tested and working with Bios 1.3.6.  I tried with the older Bios (1.2.2) but i could not boot to OSX).

Credits:

@Rehabman (DSDT + general problem solving)

@Mirone (Audio debugging

@Toleda (HDMI audio debugging)

@wern apfel (the creator of the AppleHDA patch for our hardware)

@Mieze for the Atheros kext

@All hackintosh community for everything.

WOAH this is a good news!

I will install today,

I'll let you know hows going.

Did you tried a thunderbolt connection?

I've one device and will try it. (Blackmagic Minimonitor with thunderbolt 2 and I'll use with Startech.com to convert to Thunderbol 3 ports.)

Frank

WOAH this is a good news!

I will install today,

I'll let you know hows going.

Did you tried a thunderbolt connection?

I've one device and will try it. (Blackmagic Minimonitor with thunderbolt 2 and I'll use with Startech.com to convert to Thunderbol 3 ports.)

Frank

I did not have a chance to test thunderbolt connection but someone else said that it was working.  Make sure to have Bios version 1.3.6, otherwise you won't be able to boot.

Also, install the provided kexts in S/L/E not Clover/Kexts.

Please report on what's working.

I did not have a chance to test thunderbolt connection but someone else said that it was working.  Make sure to have Bios version 1.3.6, otherwise you won't be able to boot.

Also, install the provided kexts in S/L/E not Clover/Kexts.

Please report on what's working.

Now I have:

selected to nv-disable

only kext nvme driver and fakesmc.

and used serial of iMac skylake (latest version)

It is correct? Can you tell me how have to set my bios? (now I've 1.3.9 bios version) (now: disabled virtualization and usb powershare, set to AHCI mode and UEFI with NO secure boot)

edit: ok, I'm stuck with these options.

info: I've nvme of samsung.

Frank

Bios 1.3.9 works ok, no need to have specific options except using UEFI boot and disable Oprom Option.

For install:

-nv_disable=1

-Use Smbios Macbook Pro 11,1

For Post install:

-Install nvidia web drivers

-Use nvda-drv=1

You have to post a screenshot of your boot to understand what the problem is

Bios 1.3.9 works ok, no need to have specific options except using UEFI boot and disable Oprom Option.

For install:

-nv_disable=1

-Use Smbios Macbook Pro 11,1

For Post install:

-Install nvidia web drivers

-Use nvda-drv=1

You have to post a screenshot of your boot to understand what the problem is

With these option, at the boot of installation:

Still waiting for root device

And with imac smbios it will stuck at "PCI ACPI not found.." I don't remember what was written.

edit: with smbios of imac: Still waiting for root device. I will came back to macbook pro 11,1

F

Try to boot in Safe mode, i think your problem is the QHD screen (also make sure that Inject-Intel is activated in clover), once you get to Sierra apply the patch provided here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312622-dell-xps-13-9343-sierra-installation/?hl=%2B4k+%2Bdell&do=findComment&comment=2245653

no, isn't installed.

I will reinstall clover with this option. (I don't understand what I have to do for 4K retina)

EDIT: yes, it is also checked.

f

Hi,

I'm using iMac SMBIOS for skylake 'cause if I install SMBIOS of macbook pro I'll get "still waiting for root device.."

I've checked USBInjection and I've this kernel then reboot:

UPDATE: I've added APPLEHDA.kext and result stucked at USBHostdevice.

UPDATE1: if set to SafeMode, I'll have kernel panic

kernel_1.jpg

now....nope... :(

I did:

downloaded mac os x Sierra (downloaded by imac mini), used with terminal to install in usb

Installed clover 3911 with option boot efi and OsxAptioFixDrv-64

Copied your EFI (51# post) with only nvme e Fakesmc kext.

Using clover configuration, checked new serial with macbook pro 11,1 and checked disabled_nv=1

bios with 1.3.9 set to uefi with no secure boot and no legacy.

and this is the result:

image1.jpg

Then "still waiting for root device"

what's the problem? Can you help me?

Thank you very much!

UPDATE:

I've disabled in bios: virtualization and VT I/O direct

then

Added VoodooHDA.kext, Atheros22.. and ACPI battery.

IMG_6629.jpg

Hi Slayer, I got finally installed mac os x sierra, with some kext needed to go without kernel, (Then I installed mouse keypad and AppleIntelLpssI2CController.kext).

Can you tell me how to go with post-install? Have you installed with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] or clover then copied EFI from usb installation key?

Thank you!

Hi Slayer, I got finally installed mac os x sierra, with some kext needed to go without kernel, (Then I installed mouse keypad and AppleIntelLpssI2CController.kext).

Can you tell me how to go with post-install? Have you installed with ##### or clover then copied EFI from usb installation key?

Thank you!

Post Install is the easy part, once you get into sierra:

-Download the latest clover bootloader.  Make an install by checking the options for UEFI Motherboard.  Also install clover pref panel and RC scripts for Sierra drive and the other ones.

Once the Clover install is done, wipe everything from the EFI partition and copy the content of the USB EFI partition in it.  Important Note: If you have other OS installed (Windows or Linux) make sure to backup the folders Microsoft and Ubuntu before wiping out the partition.  Then once you copy the USB EFI folder, copy Microsoft and Ubunto back inside the EFI folder.

-Install the latest Nvidia Web Drivers

-Install the kexts that i provided here to S/L/E

-Use Clover Configurator to Set Nvidia Web as true (In System Preferences) and delete the boot argument Nv_disable=1

-Make sure that InjectIntel is activated

Reboot and be happy.

Post Install is the easy part, once you get into sierra:

-Download the latest clover bootloader.  Make an install by checking the options for UEFI Motherboard.  Also install clover pref panel and RC scripts for Sierra drive and the other ones.

Once the Clover install is done, wipe everything from the EFI partition and copy the content of the USB EFI partition in it.  Important Note: If you have other OS installed (Windows or Linux) make sure to backup the folders Microsoft and Ubuntu before wiping out the partition.  Then once you copy the USB EFI folder, copy Microsoft and Ubunto back inside the EFI folder.

-Install the latest Nvidia Web Drivers

-Install the kexts that i provided here to S/L/E

-Use Clover Configurator to Set Nvidia Web as true (In System Preferences) and delete the boot argument Nv_disable=1

-Make sure that InjectIntel is activated

Reboot and be happy.

Okay:

nvidia don't recognised (it name only Display and I see "no kext loaded" when I click on GPU unknow in system panel.) I've installed recently webdriver (ps is it normal if selected on OSX Default Graphics Driver from mac osx?.

F

Okay:

nvidia don't recognised (it name only Display and I see "no kext loaded" when I click on GPU unknow in system panel.) I've installed recently webdriver (ps is it normal if selected on OSX Default Graphics Driver from mac osx?.

F

Sorry for the late response, what's the status of your Hackintosh right now ?