(Clover-USB) Mac OS X Snow Leopard

71 posts in this topic

At this moment I'm still booting from USB drive cretaed with your app plugged in.....

Right clic / Show Package Contents in the app /Contents /Resources/ Show Package Contents of the Mac OS X Install DVD.app

Contents/Resources/Clover/ESP/ Clover-ESP.pkg

Start the Clover to the Volumes and you see EFI 

You can adjust your EFI before reboot :)

Yes, installed in the ESP of my Snow Leopard internal Sata HD. 

Note: 10.6.8 update combo restored AppleHPET.kext and the machine works fine now with the kext in S/L/E :)

ok thanks !

Thats good to know that for the HPET  B)

I simplifying Installer again  :)

Clover was Install automatically on USB-SNOW

Tomorow I attaching V3 and correct the topic with the new image  :wink_anim:

Going sleep now working tomorrow last day of the week  :D

024.png

127.png

210.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Chris you are an insanely Hackintosher!!! I tried a lot of times to install Snow Leopard with clover but i could never manage to to do that. THANKS A LOT GENIUS CHRIS!!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi chris1111 

Is possible with this procedure install OSX snow leopard on a IdeaPad 10s-2 ? with a 32bits kernel ?

I would like to move this computer to clover 

right now is working with an old installer made just for this computer

Best regards

Hi chris1111 

Is possible with this procedure install OSX snow leopard on a IdeaPad 10s-2 ? with a 32bits kernel ?

I would like to move this computer to clover 

right now is working with an old installer made just for this computer

Best regards

I Just say try !  :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm using a rather strange system based on a Zotac ITX board with Geforce chipset. It has a modified Socket 775 with modified Xeon E5450 (Socket 771, 3 GHz Quadcore) as CPU. Graphics card is a Sapphire Radeon HD4870 Vapor-X 2 GB. Audio is ALC662 (Azalia using VoodooHDA). Despite of this strange configuration it works great, I don't even have the 'unknown CPU 0x3a' error and dual-monitor works, too. The main OS is Mavericks 10.9.5.

But this system should also be for older systems, 10.6.8 and 10.5.8. But they're always stopping with Clover 3599 with a kernel panic, correspondending to kernel_task, Mac OS version Not yet set. I also got the error 'cpu : unaligned frame'. VoodooTSCSync with correct cpu amount settings in plist (3) is installed. I lso get a message 'mbinit: done (64 MB memory set for mbuf pool)'. Some people had this only when using an USB keyboard, but it also happens when using PS/2.

However, using Chimera as bootloader from an USB stick they are booting fine, I also have dual-monitor in 10.6.8. It's even booting when AppleHPET.kext is disabled, it crashes with Clover. But manual selecting the USB stick is very annoying on this board because it doesn't always work to get into the boot menu, and it should work with Clover. On a Core i7 Snow Leopard boots with Clover. There is a kernel for Snow Leopard with i7 support, however, I'm using the vanilla kernel from 10.8.0 - works best after my experiences.

Remaining problems on this system are a sleep problem, the graphics card stays on and the system won't wake up again, I've tested lots of darkwake settings. And in Leopard the HD4870 still isn't working yet although I tried lots of combinations and the ID 9440 is listed in 10.5.8 ATIRadeonX2000.kext. On all systems the second RAM slot is displayed as empty, however, I have 8 GB DDR2-800 RAM working.

• 1 month later...

Hi Chris,

On my system, the USB drive selection window doesn't show any list to choose from :

mini_337389Capturede769cran20160902a7682

Is there a fix for that ?

Yes

Right clic to Mac OS X Install DVD-V3.app 

Show package contents /Contents/Resources/

Right clic to Mac OS X Install DVD.app 

Show package contents /Contents/Resources/Scripts 

delete Main.scpt  replace by this one Zip here

Many thanks Chris1111 - Just used your method to create the USB stick with vanilla kernel, but have to replace your EFI folder and replace it with a 64bit UEFI boot only for starting my new Hack the Z10PE-D8 WS.

Martin

Great job!  B)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...