[Guide] macOS Sierra 10.12.x on ASRock H170M-ITX/ac

Denicio

438 posts in this topic

Hi Denicio,

I just installed a BCM94352HMB with 10.12.1. The card does show up in the boot screen, but not under MacOS. I tried a couple of the patches found in the forum, but so far to no avail. Do you have any suggestions I could try?

Regards,

Tom

Hello Peerke, please take a look at post #120, right where I respond to n00bi3.

Hello Peerke, please take a look at post #120, right where I respond to n00bi3.

Hi Denicio,

That's the one I tried last, but still no positive result. I put the kext in the kexts/10.12 folder in the EFI partition, and the patch at the top level of config.plist, right after the first <dict>. Are these the right locations?

Rgds,

Tom

Hi Denicio,

That's the one I tried last, but still no positive result. I put the kext in the kexts/10.12 folder in the EFI partition, and the patch at the top level of config.plist, right after the first <dict>. Are these the right locations?

Rgds,

Tom

Hello Tom, the kext patch is not on the first <dict>. It's on the KextsToPatch section. I think if you download Clover Configurator it would help you a lot.

ok ..wait please 

ok Denisio here my Ioreg

:angel:

of course i dont have this to 

<dict>

<key>Comment</key>

<string>Rename HECI -> IMEI</string>

<key>Disabled</key>

<false/>

<key>Find</key>

<data>

SEVDSQ==

</data>

<key>Replace</key>

<data>

SU1FSQ==

</data>

</dict>

OK I checked it, but it seems that USB3 ports are not injected. Add USBInjectAll.kext to your Clover kexts folder and send me the new ioreg. Maybe this kext is enough to remedy your situation.

Hello Tom, the kext patch is not on the first <dict>. It's on the KextsToPatch section. I think if you download Clover Configurator it would help you a lot.

Hi Denicio,

Patch is in the right spot now. From the boot log I can see that the patch is identified and the kext is loaded as well, but still no card visible.

0:106  0:000  KextsToPatch: 2 requested

0:106  0:000   - [00]: AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer (HD530 DP2HDMI at Port 0x6) :: BinPatch :: data len: 12
0:106  0:000   - [01]: AirPortBrcm4360 ([darkvoid] BCM94352HMB Sierra Fix) :: BinPatch :: data len: 8
0:106  0:000  Error in Early settings0: Not Found

2:653  0:000  === [ FixBiosDsdt ] =======================================
2:653  0:000  VideoCard devID=0x19128086
2:653  0:000  DisplayADR1[0] = 0x20000, DisplayADR2[0] = 0xFFFE
2:653  0:000  USBADR[0] = 0x140000 and PCIe = 0xFFFE
2:653  0:000  Found Airport BCM at 0x1D0007, 0x0

2:675  0:001    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.12\BCM94352Injector.kext

Hey @Denicio,

Do you have any clue why the computer goes into to deep sleep (hibernate) when I have hibernatemode set to 0? (I also have standby and autopoweroff disabled)

It seems to sleep for maybe about 10 seconds then proceeds to go into hibernate and crashes when it tries to boot into it.

I just want sleep 0, but changing darkwake=no, darkwake=8, and enabling NeverHibernate don't seem to fix this problem.

Thanks!

System-wide power settings:
Currently in use:
 standby              0
 Sleep On Power Button 1
 womp                 0
 autorestart          0
 hibernatefile        /var/vm/sleepimage
 powernap             0
 networkoversleep     0
 disksleep            10
 sleep                0 (sleep prevented by apsd, mds)
 autopoweroffdelay    28800
 hibernatemode        0
 autopoweroff         0
 ttyskeepawake        1
 displaysleep         5
 standbydelay         10800

Hi Denicio,

Patch is in the right spot now. From the boot log I can see that the patch is identified and the kext is loaded as well, but still no card visible.

0:106  0:000   - [00]: AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer (HD530 DP2HDMI at Port 0x6) :: BinPatch :: data len: 12
0:106  0:000   - [01]: AirPortBrcm4360 ([darkvoid] BCM94352HMB Sierra Fix) :: BinPatch :: data len: 8

Odd, after a couple of reboots, the Wifi card does show up, and it now works!

Hi Denicio,

What does your system show on Wifi on System Report? I think you have to clear caches with: sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Hey @Denicio,

Do you have any clue why the computer goes into to deep sleep (hibernate) when I have hibernatemode set to 0? (I also have standby and autopoweroff disabled)

It seems to sleep for maybe about 10 seconds then proceeds to go into hibernate and crashes when it tries to boot into it.

I just want sleep 0, but changing darkwake=no, darkwake=8, and enabling NeverHibernate don't seem to fix this problem.

Thanks!

System-wide power settings:
Currently in use:
 standby              0
 Sleep On Power Button 1
 womp                 0
 autorestart          0
 hibernatefile        /var/vm/sleepimage
 powernap             0
 networkoversleep     0
 disksleep            10
 sleep                0 (sleep prevented by apsd, mds)
 autopoweroffdelay    28800
 hibernatemode        0
 autopoweroff         0
 ttyskeepawake        1
 displaysleep         5
 standbydelay         10800

Hello! The way I prevent sleep is by going System Preferences -> Power, and check the first checkbox.

what difference does the fake.smc with USB 3?  :)

It probably doesn't, I am not sure about your problem. The patch I told you to enable (15 to 26 port) should have been showing all your USB2 - USB3 ports, but it didn't.

Hi Denicio,

WiFI is working smoothly now!

There are still a couple of issues that popped up as I further tested the system:

1. Bluetooth is not visible on the system. Might your suggestion to clear the kernel cache work here?

2. The second ethernet interface does not show up.

3. When I pull and then reinsert the ethernet cable, the interface won't come back up again, it toggles between 'no cable connected' and 'no system on the other of the cable'. The toggling by itself is already very disturbing :-(

4. When connected to a 2560x1600 monitor the refresh rate drops to 36Hz. I'm not a gaming freak, so it does not really bother me, but I suppose the Intel graphics just can't pump more out.

Apart from that it is a nice system, especially with the fan on 'silent'. I've crammed everything in a Silverstone Milo ML05B, and that really makes for a nice package, especially when you consider there is a 4-core i5 inside!

Hi Denicio,

WiFI is working smoothly now!

There are still a couple of issues that popped up as I further tested the system:

1. Bluetooth is not visible on the system. Might your suggestion to clear the kernel cache work here?

2. The second ethernet interface does not show up.

3. When I pull and then reinsert the ethernet cable, the interface won't come back up again, it toggles between 'no cable connected' and 'no system on the other of the cable'. The toggling by itself is already very disturbing :-(

4. When connected to a 2560x1600 monitor the refresh rate drops to 36Hz. I'm not a gaming freak, so it does not really bother me, but I suppose the Intel graphics just can't pump more out.

Apart from that it is a nice system, especially with the fan on 'silent'. I've crammed everything in a Silverstone Milo ML05B, and that really makes for a nice package, especially when you consider there is a 4-core i5 inside!

Hello Peerke. I am glad that you got most of your system's capabilities working :)

1) For Bluetooth, download the latest package from RehabMan's repo, and install BrcmPatchRAM2.kext & BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext into System/Library/Extensions with Kext Wizard or any other utility of this sort. Bluetooth won't work as expected if you place those in Clover's kext folder (tried it).

2) Correct, it is not supposed to work (no support from the community).

3) You should pose your question to this thread. Kudos to Mausi for all the work.

4) Yeah, I am not entirely sure about Intel's capabilities, look up the same question for Windows users. I am sure you will find more clues as to why this is happening :)

Also if you need more versatility between Mac/Windows for Bluetooth, you could follow my other thread Keep Bluetooth devices paired once between Mac/Windows.

Hello Peerke. I am glad that you got most of your system's capabilities working :)

1) For Bluetooth, download the latest package from RehabMan's repo, and install BrcmPatchRAM2.kext & BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext into System/Library/Extensions with Kext Wizard or any other utility of this sort. Bluetooth won't work as expected if you place those in Clover's kext folder (tried it).

2) Correct, it is not supposed to work (no support from the community).

3) You should pose your question to this thread. Kudos to Mausi for all the work.

4) Yeah, I am not entirely sure about Intel's capabilities, look up the same question for Windows users. I am sure you will find more clues as to why this is happening :)

Also if you need more versatility between Mac/Windows for Bluetooth, you could follow my other thread Keep Bluetooth devices paired once between Mac/Windows.

1. Got Bluetooth up and running now!

2. Installed the Realtek8111.kext and the 2nd Ethernet interface works now as well, without the glitches of the first one. I can yank the cable out, put it back in and Ethernet is reconnected.

3. Will do, after I browsed that thread to see if someone else has this problem too.

4. I have run into a weird flaw here. Normally I work at 2560x1600@36Hz. Sometimes when I reboot, resolution changes to 2200x1600@60Hz, the image is stretched to the right, the high res Apple logo is off center to the right, and once the desktop has started the disk icons fall off the screen. After a while I get all kinds of screen noise, distortion etc up to a point where the screen goes black, and I have to reboot. It could be due to the HDMI<->DVI cable, but that is something I have to test.

Thanks for all your support and good work Denicio, it's really helpful and this is starting to turn into a really nice system.

Tom

• Like 1

Hi,

I have AsRock H170M Pro4, i5-6500. I have some issue with usb. Can you help me?

What is the problem exactly? I can see you have more than 15 ports enabled, that can't be good for macOS. Try to download the guide's .zip and apply the SSDT-2.aml along with the correct Drop SSDT table that you can find on config.plist.

There are 3 usb ports on the front. I have tried a lot of thing, but work only 2: 1 usb 3 and 1 usb 2 on the same speed (480). 

Correct, my USB layout is made for 2 front USB ports. Well, you need to follow an online guide to correct this USB behavior.

Thought I might chime in here...

If anyone is having troubles booting from the hard disk after you've installed clover on it, your motherboard might not be recognizing the EFI entry.

STEPS:

Boot back into Clover USB

UEFI 64 shell

Shell> map fs*

Shell > fs0 (1,2,3)

Shell > ls (key here is to find your hard disk EFI partition. Look around using the LS command until you find folders and files that you put on there.

Shell > cd \efi\boot

Shell > ls

Then

Shell > bcfg boot dump

Shell > bcfg boot add 1 bootx64.efi "Clover"

Shell > bcfg boot dump (check that your entry is there)

Shell > reset

Now after you've reset, you should remove your Clover USB and your system should boot right up with the Clover installed on your hard drive/SSD.

I'm sure we can fix HD530 for sure. Tell me your BIOS settings for the iGPU (VRAM etc) and attach your current config.plist. As for the Bluetooth I have the same on Mini PCIe I will post details later today on how I enable it.

Hi Denicio,

had little time to work on my build, but wanted to report back that I finally managed to get BT to work thanks to your help. I kept all of the kext files in CLOVER/kexts/10.12 instead S/L/E/, I missed this point before somehow :).

Oh, I've also been wondering if there's any M.2 wifi/bt card, that would allow me to use my apple wireless keyboard in BIOS/bootloader? I got used to my PCI BCM94360CD I have in my other MiniATX setup which works this way.

Anyway, the problem with HD530 still remains as I have no acceleration and it indicates it has 14mb @ About This Mac overview tab. No matter which id-platform corresponding to HD530 I set, with Intel Inject disabled/enabled, or with fakeID provided to get Intel HD SKL CRB, I always end up having no graphics. I might allocate 64mb/128mb/auto @ iGPU in BIOS, still it has no effect. GfxYTile patch? Nope. Last thing I see is verbose log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7y069f5pww3pfom/IMG_0308.JPG?dl=0

I will add my config later, I currently have no access to my hack right now.

Hi Denicio,

had little time to work on my build, but wanted to report back that I finally managed to get BT to work thanks to your help. I kept all of the kext files in CLOVER/kexts/10.12 instead S/L/E/, I missed this point before somehow :).

Oh, I've also been wondering if there's any M.2 wifi/bt card, that would allow me to use my apple wireless keyboard in BIOS/bootloader? I got used to my PCI BCM94360CD I have in my other MiniATX setup which works this way.

Anyway, the problem with HD530 still remains as I have no acceleration and it indicates it has 14mb @ About This Mac overview tab. No matter which id-platform corresponding to HD530 I set, with Intel Inject disabled/enabled, or with fakeID provided to get Intel HD SKL CRB, I always end up having no graphics. I might allocate 64mb/128mb/auto @ iGPU in BIOS, still it has no effect. GfxYTile patch? Nope. Last thing I see is verbose log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7y069f5pww3pfom/IMG_0308.JPG?dl=0

I will add my config later, I currently have no access to my hack right now.

I am glad the build worked out, but it's a shame to not make the HD530 work! There are dedicated threads about HD530, and I suggest you post your problem there for more help :)

Also about the Bluetooth, I didn't know that you can use a BT keyboard on BIOS, I would be very interested to find out that too. So if you have any information please keep me posted as well.

EDIT: Fire up DPCIManager and post screenshots please. Maybe we can find out about the platform ID from there.