[Guide] macOS Sierra 10.12.x on ASRock H170M-ITX/ac

Denicio

438 posts in this topic

a couple folks have commented on the GT 710.. I originally got it because it was one of the cheapest cards I could find with HDMI out & low profile.

When I was first trying to hack this 'tosh, there were a lot of random hangs causing me to have to hard reboot the system. I thought it might be an issue with the HD 530 graphics and so decided to get a card to see if that would fix the issue.

Turns out the hanging might have been more related to the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64, but that's a big guess.

Anyways, now I have an unnecessary graphics card. But at least I can do up to four monitors now. haha

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm runnng 10.12.6, installed with updates from 10.12.0.

I only use the integrated HD530 video.

Denicio is right about the Lilu.kext, AppleALC.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext. I placed the latest versions (v1.2.0) in the "Other" subfolder.

The only other kexts I have are in "10.12" subfolder.

See picture.

Succes!

In post #325 you also mentioned a change in config.plist and (temporary) changes to ig-platform-id. Are these still needed?

In post #325 you also mentioned a change in config.plist and (temporary) changes to ig-platform-id. Are these still needed?

The change in ig-platform-id is only temporal for getting to the Finder (without acceleration). After placing the kexts you can use the normal ig-platform-id.

• 2 weeks later...

Just installed security update 2018-001, osxDaily: "updates for Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6 are specifically aimed at mitigating the Spectre and Meltdown security flaws."

Also updated Safari v11.0.3 and iTunes v12.7.3.

Everything seems to work fine.

• Like 1

I have some annoying issue with system crash when streaming HD video or even browsing some huge web sites. It happens often actually and computer freezes with no response to  keyboard  or mouse. Cannot find a real cause of this behavior. Only one solution is power off and restart, as even switch off is not responding. Does anyone observe similar issues with HD530 onboard graphic? Any  advise or solution?

I have some annoying issue with system crash when streaming HD video or even browsing some huge web sites. It happens often actually and computer freezes with no response to  keyboard  or mouse. Cannot find a real cause of this behavior. Only one solution is power off and restart, as even switch off is not responding. Does anyone observe similar issues with HD530 onboard graphic? Any  advise or solution?

In the beginning I had some issues, but it turns out I did not assembled the CPU-fan correctly... ;-)

I followed the instructions for installing HWmonitor on website https://hackintosher.com/guides/hwmonitor-hackintosh-guide/.

Now I have a menu-item showing temperature of the CPU and some more info like the fan speed.

These are my readings at the time of making the screen dump.

post-373584-0-58740300-1517237432_thumb.png

I have wifi card BCM94352HMB  which was working fine some time ago. Actually after couple of upgrades  this card is not detected by Sierra. It is strange that booting high Sierra from other disk this card is working fine.  Any suggestions how to fix it.

I have wifi card BCM94352HMB  which was working fine some time ago. Actually after couple of upgrades  this card is not detected by Sierra. It is strange that booting high Sierra from other disk this card is working fine.  Any suggestions how to fix it.

I only use an external wifi-dongle but somewhere I read this (I made a note, but cannot find the source...):

"

Don't make use of BCM94352Injector.kext anymore.

Use "FakePCIID.kext" and "FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext" from the package.

Ditch the old kext, and place those two on the "Other" folder, along with your other kext files.

"

I remember it was a reaction of Rehabman on another forum.

Maybe something to test.

FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext.zip

FakePCIID.kext.zip

Simple use attached clover in EFI on install USB as described in first post. Than install from usb and your Sierra will be upgraded with no harm to previous installed programs and data   ( It looks like  upgrade of Sierra ). Keep in mind that sometimes clover is not automatic in pinpoint installl drive when booting during install. Install from USB is only in beginning , than from install of disk. To make Siri workable  follow SmUUID   procedure, and replace EFI in your booting  disk with clover configurator to boot without usb.

CLOVER.zip

• Like 1

I upgraded today to macOS 10.13.3 without any problems.

First made a TimeMachine backup of 10.12, then downloaded the latest installer  from Apple (v10.13.3).

I wanted to skip the APFS conversion, just to be sure, so I typed in terminal:

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/startosinstall --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app --agreetolicense --converttoapfs NO --nointeraction

It made a temp boot and restarted from that, installing took 45 minutes or so (don't know for sure, was shopping...).

When I returned home, the log-in screen was waiting for me.

I don't see any issues, sound, graphics, memory, usb, everything seems ok.

Nice!

post-373584-0-81303500-1517946959_thumb.png

• Like 1

Still random crashes happens on High Sierra, as before on Sierra. Any advice how to trace the cause?

I compared our EFI folders and see some small differences, for example I don't have these kexts:

/CLOVER/kexts/Other/Shiki.kext

/CLOVER/kexts/Other/USBInjectAll.kext

/CLOVER/kexts/Other/VoodooPS2Controller.kext

/CLOVER/kexts/Other/XHCI-200-series-injector.kext

Have a try without them?

By the way, I used Clover v2.4k r4369.

I have removed  all mentioned  kexes except voodooPS2, which I need for my pS2 mouse. Anyway  this was pretty old version from El Captain Times, so  I suspect this old kext for my  crash problems. Actually after new VoodooPS2 kext  all seem to be fine. Also removed Shiki , which was causing permanent iTunes crash. So far so good. I have my drive  with new  AFPS format and looks brilliant, must say that twice as fast response  and  flash spotline. Only one thing is pissing me off  is Clover boot menu with ten boot option disks in row. Do you know some elegant and simple solution how to remove not necessary items?

• Like 1