[Guide] macOS Sierra 10.12.x on ASRock H170M-ITX/ac

Denicio

438 posts in this topic

original.jpg

Introduction

This is a step-by-step guide for installing macOS Sierra 10.12.x on ASRock H170M-ITX/ac utilizing the onboard Intel HD530 GPU. Sorry for not elaborating like you’re reading a novel of some sort, but I think this is for your own benefit. Here are the details of my personal build:

- ASRock H170M-ITX/ac (BIOS v7.00)

- Core i3-6100 @ 3.7GHz

- 16GB RAM @ 2133MHz

- Onboard HD530 via HDMI

- Mini PCIe BCM94352HMB Wifi+BT

My experience with this system after 4 - 5 months of daily development usage (Xcode, Web etc.) is this: It's most definitely a very stable system if you don't mind the well known Hackintosh plague, which is the absence of Sleep functionality. Highly recommended.

Prerequisites

Maccie, a working Macintosh or Hackintosh computer, or even a macOS VM on Windows.

Hackie, your to-be Hackintosh computer.

Installie, a USB disk with capacity of 16GB or more.

Create the Install Disk

A) Download Install macOS Sierra.app from the AppStore on Maccie.

B)Insert a USB disk on Maccie and open Disk Utility. Select your USB disk, select Erase, add Installie as its name and press Erase.

C) Run the following command from Terminal: sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Installie --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app --nointeraction

D) Once more, rename your USB disk to Installie and execute Clover_v2.4k_r4049.pkg. Select Installie USB disk as target, then proceed to the customization step.

E) Select nothing but Install for UEFI booting onlyInstall Clover in the ESP, and OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 from Drivers64UEFI menu.

F) Installie's EFI partition is now mounted. Overwrite EFI/CLOVER/config.plist with the config.plist file attached to this post.

G) Copy all attached kexts to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other, copy SSDT-2.aml to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched.

OS X Installation

H) Your Installie USB disk is now ready, plug it in on Hackie.

I) Press Del key to enter Hackie’s BIOS. On the Exit menu, execute Load UEFI Defaults, then enable XHCI Handoff.

J) On Boot menu, set your first boot device to UEFI: BrandName XYZ, Partition 1. Save everything and exit.

K) On Clover menu, select the macOS Installer entry, and after a couple of minutes you should be in the macOS Sierra installer.

L) Open Disk Utility, and format Hackie's internal HDD or SDD just like on step B, but this time name it Macintosh HD.

M) Continue with the installation on Macintosh HD until Hackie is restarted. Then, the second part of the installation will continue.

N) On the last restart, this time boot from your newly created Macintosh HD.

Finalize

O) With some luck you should be now customizing your Hackie's first run.

P) Repeat steps D, E, F, G but this time make sure you apply everything on Macintosh HD.

Q) Remove Installie from USB port, and restart Hackie.

R) The end.

Extra Points

S) If you own a SSD, paste the following on Terminal in order to enable TRIM support: sudo trimforce enable

T) Replace VBoxHfs-64.efi with HFSPlus-64.efi in drivers64UEFI. It's proprietary, but it's faster.

Notes

- You should replace the default Intel Wifi+BT Mini PCIe card with the BCM94352HMB or something equally compatible.

- Sleep does not work yet (see post #2 for output).

- Keep in mind that this is a WIP, any input from you will be much appreciated.

Make sure to mention the lettering of the step in question and the description of your problem using as much detail as possible.

post-99742-0-94194400-1480956434_thumb.png

post-99742-0-01103100-1480956456_thumb.png

post-99742-0-27245400-1480956466_thumb.png

post-99742-0-17192200-1480956479_thumb.png

post-99742-0-15942200-1480956488_thumb.png

ASRock_H170M_ITX_ac_v12.zip

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Now after the _OSI to XOSI patch the "Wake reason" is:

denniss-imac:~ dk$ syslog | grep -i "Wake reason" 
May 11 20:00:55 denniss-imac kernel[0] <Notice>: Wake reason: XDCI

And it panics on:

denniss-imac:~ dk$ pmset -g log | grep -i failure                                      
2016-05-14 20:21:43 +0300 Failure              Drivers Failure panic during wake due to SAT0():

Hey, I have the ASrock H170M PRO4S

2.7 Core i5 6400
Onboard Video HD 5300
16GB DDR

I have been trying to get to installer and so far your instructions and Plist Config actually gets me farther into boot ...until i get the "stop" prohibitor sign.

Any help would be awesome As there are no guides for this Motherboard.. Thanks!

Hey, I have the ASrock H170M PRO4S

2.7 Core i5 6400

Onboard Video HD 5300

16GB DDR

I have been trying to get to installer and so far your instructions and Plist Config actually gets me farther into boot ...until i get the "stop" prohibitor sign.

Any help would be awesome As there are no guides for this Motherboard.. Thanks!

Thanks for your feedback, I think those two Motherboards should be similar. Could you please boot with Verbose Flag (-v) and see where it gets stuck?

Sure, so it gets stuck here and then it gets all distorted. 

I honestly cannot read the output of the second screen, but based on the first one I will make an assumption: Do you have "FakeSMC.kext" on EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11?

EDIT: I think it says "Still waiting for root device" at the bottom. Try to boot with "cpus=1" flag and report back.

Yes, I Did. Same error at the same place.

1) Is your SATA Controller set as AHCI in BIOS?

2) Try to also enable "Inject USB" on Clover's "config.plist", right now only "Fix Ownership" is enabled.

3) Some people also mention the following Boot Flags: npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000

4) Also keep "USBInjectAll.kext" on your "EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11" as well.

1) Is your SATA Controller set as AHCI in BIOS?

2) Try to also enable "Inject USB" on Clover's "config.plist", right now only "Fix Ownership" is enabled.

3) Some people also mention the following Boot Flags: npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000

4) Also keep "USBInjectAll.kext" on your "EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11" as well.

1. AHCI is already set in Bios.

2. I checked off the box for inject USB

3. I have tried both boot flags, one at a time.

4. I have put "USBInjectAll.kext in 10.10, 10,11, and "other:".

Still stuck at the same place.

Interestingly, I tried booting with -x and it flys thru the boot but it then restarts.

Try inject intel ang ig-platform-id 0x19120000

I have tried that as well.

As I was looking over my build, I have forgotten to add a hardware piece that i had in there but forgot to mention. I have a TP-LINK N900 wireless PCI Express installed.

Interestingly, I tried booting with -x and it flys thru the boot but it then restarts.

Inject USB box should be checked, not unchecked.

My boot flags with "-uia_exclude" may be disabling your Boot USB, try to remove it.

Try also to use "UseKernelCache=No".

Disable VT-d in BIOS as well, maybe "dart=0" doesn't work.

• 4 weeks later...

No, it just blinks and the boot menu comes back.

So you are at the boot menu, you select to boot from USB, and then it resets. How about you press the spacebar (for options), and make sure you Boot Verbose. Then report back with what you see on screen.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried this guide to install a Hackintosch with my system components, but the system is not booting. I used the ktexts from this thread, only cpu settings are changed.

My components are:

ASRock H170M-ITX/ac

Pentium G4400 Celeron cpu

Onboard gpu

At the moment i use a G4400, later i will switch to i5 or i7.

System is booting from usb, clover is loading. At Clover boot screen, i try to boot the system in verbose mode.

After that i got the following errors:

OsxAptioFix2Drv: starting overrides for .IABootFiles/boot.efi

Using reloc block: no, hibernate wake: no

This version of Mac OS X is not support

Reason: Mac-65CE76090165799A

My config.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>ACPI</key>
    <dict>
        <key>DSDT</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Debug</key>
            <false/>
            <key>DropOEM_DSM</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Patches</key>
            <array>