Atheros wireless driver OS X 10.11/12 for unsupported cards

jalavoui

631 posts in this topic

This method doesnt work for me because I get kernel panic. Istead of usign FixAirport_4000, AddDTGP_0001 and FakeID (so the steps 1. and 2.) I'm using the KextToPatch to modify the ID written in the plist of the original driver. @chunnann, @fr0n1k22, @skyfly555 can you try to follow the @chunnann guide above guide but istead of using FixAirport_4000, AddDTGP_0001 and FakeID FakeID (so the steps 1. and 2.) uses my KextToPatch that follows?

<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>pci168c,30 to pci168c,34 (AR946x)</string>
				<key>Disabled</key>
				<false/>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				PHN0cmluZz5wY2kxNjhjLDMwPC9zdHJpbmc+
				</data>
				<key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
				<true/>
				<key>MatchOS</key>
				<string>10.12.x</string>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>com.apple.driver.AirPort.Atheros40</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				PHN0cmluZz5wY2kxNjhjLDM0PC9zdHJpbmc+
				</data>
			</dict>

By the way the KextToPatch mehod is the more stable so it will be good if we get everyone to make it work so more people could test.

This way works.

I use @chunnann 946* patch + patch id above with original kext.

This way works.

I use @chunnann 946* patch + patch id above with original kext.

Sorry, soto2080, if I have understood, you are you using the vanilla kext , not the v5 or v10 Atheros40.kext, aren't you?

And, are you copying the vanila Atheros40.kext to /S/L/E, too?

Thanks in advance,

Sorry, soto2080, if I have understood, you are you using the vanilla kext , not the v5 or v10 Atheros40.kext, aren't you?

And, are you copying the vanila Atheros40.kext to /S/L/E, too?

Thanks in advance,

Yes, vanilla one. All kexts are vanilla.

No, I didn't copy vanila Atheros40.kext to /S/L/E.

Yes, vanilla one. All kexts are vanilla.

No, I didn't copy vanila Atheros40.kext to /S/L/E.

Thank you, I will check it again, because with v10 my computer sometimes hangs, I don't know if it's related to wifi kext, but it doesn't happen to me when I connect to the Internet using an USB ethernet dongle I have.

I'm not able to use FixAirport_4000, it makes the system unbootable, I only get a black screen after choosing to boot macOS, any idea of what's happening?

No one could. Only a few

I am using  V10 version, but the connection is interrupted shortly and it self-heals in a few minutes. Do I have a chance to make it more stable? when V11 will be out?.  Disconnect is really annoying

okPXOX.png

No ways, it will be unstable until someone will fix it by code. It seems that we will not see the v11..

No one could. Only a few

No ways, it will be unstable until someone will fix it by code. It seems that we will not see the v11.. 

I will go back to windows 10 just because of these breaks. no hope or will be ? :(

Is there anyone who can fix it? or is it because it is something that can not be solved?

I will go back to windows 10 just because of these breaks. no hope or will be ? :(

Is there anyone who can fix it? or is it because it is something that can not be solved?

The last developer dissapeared, hope that he will be back, but..(

You could instal windows 10 as the second os

The last developer dissapeared, hope that he will be back, but..(

You could instal windows 10 as the second os

Hope he will return. In fact, I got a very stable OS X experience except Wifi. I don't want to go back to windows because of that.

Hope he will return. In fact, I got a very stable OS X experience except Wifi. I don't want to go back to windows because of that.

You can replace wifi card with the supported one.

Hope too, but.. No activity for 16 days..(

Does that driver support QCA61x4A installed on my z170i Pro Gaming?

I don't think it would work because the driver is for ath9k, not for ath10k...

=====

Here is the AR946X.v11.  (only for macOS Sierra).  It's a patched version so please don't use it with KextsToPatch because it might not work...

Both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz should work.  However, 2.4Ghz still seems to be more stable than 5Ghz...

=====

I also uploaded the file with patches in the Clover KextsToPatch format... (Please use it with the original AirPortAtheros40 and AddDTGP_0001 & FixAirport_4000 enabled)

Choose the one you prefer to use and try not to use both at the same time...

• Like 1

=====

Here is the AR946X.v11.  (only for macOS Sierra).  It's a patched version so please don't use it with KextsToPatch because it might not work...

Both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz should work.  However, 2.4Ghz still seems to be more stable than 5Ghz...

Glad to see you again :yes: 

Will test it and report back

=====

V11 is not working for AR9462 (AR5BWB222 I Guess)

. V10 and V9 are working fine, but there is a break in the wifi connection. I have no idea why V11 does not work. I do not use Kext and Patch. 

jWJqNg.png

jWJqNg.png

When I load V11

okQda2.png

=====

=====

I also uploaded the file with patches in the Clover KextsToPatch format... (Please use it with the original AirPortAtheros40 and AddDTGP_0001 & FixAirport_4000 enabled)

Choose the one you prefer to use and try not to use both at the same time...

So, kexttoPatch still doesn't work for me (and many others here) (with AddDTGP or FIX enabled I got only black screen after selecting Mac OS in clover.

V11 work for me, will test the stability, as far as v9-10 is very bad (I got Mac OS really unstable with them, after some time my notebook becomes unresponsible and the only way to get it back to life - hard reboot).

UPD1. And.. It still disconnects after some (little for me, 5-10 minutes) from the network. It shows that it connected, but speed is 0/0.

V11 is not stable for me either. Every 15 to 20 minutes there's a disconnect. Now the V9 is more stable as I tried. You mentioned 2.4GHz and 5GHz, but I do not even know which one I use. How can I change it? And finally should I use v11 as kext and patch or disable it?

Thank you. @chunnann

V11 is not stable for me either. Every 15 to 20 minutes there's a disconnect. Now the V9 is more stable as I tried. You mentioned 2.4GHz and 5GHz, but I do not even know which one I use. How can I change it? And finally should I use v11 as kext and patch or disable it?

Thank you. @chunnann

Hello,

You can give this one a try.  However, it only supports 2.4Ghz...  (Please don't use it with KextsToPatch because it might not work.)