Atheros wireless driver OS X 10.11/12 for unsupported cards

jalavoui

631 posts in this topic

I am using v13 kext. But my system sometimes freezes and does not recover without reset. In addition, the internet is still rare, and after a certain period of time it is self-improving. The freezing problem is more important to me. How can I solve this problem?

I have  qualcomm atheros ar5bwb222. I've tried  v14, v15 it's worst

XXkLM7.png

@jalves

Does your clover patch need these

Dsdt fixes

"AddDTGP_0001 & FixAirport_4000 "

Also @chunnann

Please,Can you please elaborate me a little stuffs

1.What is patched corecapture.kext and corecaptureresponder.kext ,its need

2.Dsdt patches AddDTGP_0001 & FixAirport_4000 and relation of it with

above.

3.Does only clover kexttopatch is only necessary.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

@jalves

Does your clover patch need these

Dsdt fixes

"AddDTGP_0001 & FixAirport_4000 "

Also @Chunnann

Please,Can you please elaborate me a little stuffs

1.What is patched corecapture.kext and corecaptureresponder.kext ,its need

2.Dsdt patches AddDTGP_0001 & FixAirport_4000 and relation of it with

above.

3.Does only clover kexttopatch is only necessary.

@Genxster

I do not use any of these fixes

I use kexttopath only

@Genxster

I do not use any of these fixes

I use kexttopath only

Thanks for your reply.Also,Have you used btfirmwareuploader.kext or work out of box on High Sierra for BT.Which one is yours Ar3011 or AR3012 .Mine is AR3012 .Have you tried to edit firmware for bt in above kext .I mean windows or linux firmware as per EmilyDinesh Sir.

Thanks for your reply.Also,Have you used btfirmwareuploader.kext or work out of box on High Sierra for BT.Which one is yours Ar3011 or AR3012 .Mine is AR3012 .Have you tried to edit firmware for bt in above kext .I mean windows or linux firmware as per EmilyDinesh Sir.

@Genxster

I did not test the bt in the high sierra.

ioreg -l |grep AR3

| |   |   |   | |   |   "USB Product Name" = "Atheros USB AR3012 Bluetooth 4.0 Controller"

No, there was no need to edit.  linux firmware, Atheros-AR3012-036-0cf3

@Genxster

I did not test the bt in the high sierra.

ioreg -l |grep AR3

| | | | | | | "USB Product Name" = "Atheros USB AR3012 Bluetooth 4.0 Controller"

No, there was no need to edit. linux firmware, Atheros-AR3012-036-0cf3

Yeah I got the same bt adapter with device ids 0cf3:0036 .Also can you explain me core.pkg install method for high sierra.Thanks

Yeah I got the same bt adapter with device ids 0cf3:0036 .Also can you explain me core.pkg install method for high sierra.Thanks

I used the installation method by usb

Here is the AR946X.v16.  (only for macOS Sierra).  It's a patched version so please don't use it with KextsToPatch because it might not work...

up up

@chunnann

Not wanting to be boring, being

Could you tell us what each of the patches do?  :angel:

EDIT: ouch, I swore I read AR956X.v16 . Child can not imagine a new toy

LOLLLLLLLL

Edited by jalves

Hello,

I have uploaded a new AR946X.v16.plist.zip.  For those who downloaded AR946X.v16.plist.zip before, please download it again...  

up up

@chunnann

Not wanting to be boring, being

Could you tell us what each of the patches do?  :angel:

EDIT: ouch, I swore I read AR956X.v16 . Child can not imagine a new toy

LOLLLLLLLL

I think v14 is pretty stable for AR9565 or AR9485...   :P

Archive.zip

Here is the AR946X.v16.  (only for macOS Sierra).  It's a patched version so please don't use it with KextsToPatch because it might not work...

Still on the internet problems of breaking up continue. I'm using Kext. I do not use the Kext and patch method, is this the cause of the problem? I lost my original copy of airportatheros40.kext while doing copy and paste and I did not get a backup. How do I get the original kext?

Thank you.

Still on the internet problems of breaking up continue. I'm using Kext. I do not use the Kext and patch method, is this the cause of the problem? I lost my original copy of airportatheros40.kext while doing copy and paste and I did not get a backup. How do I get the original kext?

Thank you.

It shouldn't make differences between the patched kext and the kextstopatch method but you're welcome to try it.

That's interesting...  Everything is working fine and more stable on my system (with v16).  I'm not sure what might cause internet problems on your system.  Does your system still encounter the freezing problem with v16?

You can downloaded the unpatched AirPortAtheros40.kext from the following link.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312045-atheros-wireless-driver-os-x-101112-for-unsupported-cards/?p=2399901

Hi, If somebody can help me here it will be amazing!!

My info: Yosemite 10.10.5

hardware: Wireless interface product: AR9462 Wireless Network Adapter vendor: Qualcomm Atheros physical id: 0 logical name: wlp2s0 version: 01

What I did: Place binary in /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/Plugins/AirPortAtheros40.kext/Contents/MacOS/ as AirPortAtheros40.

ps: I replace the original

I Modify Info.plist from 168c:30 id to 168c:34.

Then: sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

sudo rm -r /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches

No hardware detected 

No wifi

Hi, If somebody can help me here it will be amazing!!

My info: Yosemite 10.10.5

hardware: Wireless interface product: AR9462 Wireless Network Adapter vendor: Qualcomm Atheros physical id: 0 logical name: wlp2s0 version: 01

What I did: Place binary in /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/Plugins/AirPortAtheros40.kext/Contents/MacOS/ as AirPortAtheros40.

ps: I replace the original

I Modify Info.plist from 168c:30 id to 168c:34.

Then: sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

sudo rm -r /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches

No hardware detected 

No wifi

I don't have 10.10.5 installed.  You can download the patched kext from the following link to see if it works...

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312045-atheros-wireless-driver-os-x-101112-for-unsupported-cards/?p=2450121

I don't have 10.10.5 installed.  You can download the patched kext from the following link to see if it works...

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312045-atheros-wireless-driver-os-x-101112-for-unsupported-cards/?p=2450121

I will give this I try now! should install normal? /System/Library/Extensions or /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/Plugins/AirPortAtheros40.kext/Contents/MacOS/

i'm try v14 on my AR9565.

it work but speed verry low.

i'm check is have no Country code @@ 

is that reason about low speed ?

AR9565, like AR9485, should be able to get the maximum speed up to 54Mbs due to its 2.4Ghz, 1 stream.  For unknown reason, the speed seems to be limited to 11Mbs maximum...   :surprised:

As for the country code, I think it depends on the router you are using...

Yessssss Good news and bad news. It works, connect, but my system is freezing. Also my USB mouse is not working.

Do I need to do anything in my clover .plist? Any patch or set up?

oops...  Did your system freeze before it connected to internet or after it connected to internet?  Not sure about the USB mouse...

I don't think you need to do anything with the clover plist while using the patched kext...

I am sorry for my delay! I was trying to fix my problem and I think is working great now. I tried save mode and everything works just fine so I realized it can be some other kext. I need to make more tests but looks like stable and the download also works fast as was with Ethernet. I will give you more information in few hours.

Works with Yosemite 10.10.5

post-1757707-0-87037300-1498750490_thumb.png

I found the problem!!! My bluetooth... I take it out IOBluetooth and it works great. But for some reason my AppleHDA is not loading. I need to find one way to not load my bluetooth but keep my kext.

AR9565, like AR9485, should be able to get the maximum speed up to 54Mbs due to its 2.4Ghz, 1 stream.  For unknown reason, the speed seems to be limited to 11Mbs maximum...   :surprised:

As for the country code, I think it depends on the router you are using...

thanks about info of speed.

i hope have some update soon !

about country code, 

when i update lastest driver on windows from asus homepage

end comeback to mac 

it fixed Country Code: ,

but speed no fix. 

-> i think driver on windows was update firmware for wifi card.

post-1528555-0-18419300-1498809391_thumb.png