Dual screen (HDMI + DVI -> VGA) doesn't work on Radeon HD7970

zaprogramowany

8 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have problem with dual screen configuration on my hackintosh.

I using HDMI and adapter from DVI -> VGA to connect two screens. My graphics card is Gigabyte Radeon HD7970.

When I connect only one display (no matter is it hdmi or vga) everything works, but when I connect both, I get black screen.

I tried to edit Framebuffer, but without results.

In attachement you can find my clover configuration file with edited and injected via "KextsToPatch" framebuffer.

config.plist.zip

Hello, sorry to hear you are having this problem. My R9 270X was having the same problem (I believe I can help you since the R9 270, 270X, 280 and 280X are pretty much just 7xxx series rebrands). I looked at your config, and it seems that you haven't applied the patch properly. Instead of an ATi Connectors Patch, you need to patch only the AMD7000Controller.kext. Also, an odd bug that I have is that I can only plug in my second display AFTER I boot. Any other time and I would see artifacts on the screen and the system would crash, so try plugging in your second monitor after you log in.

I will update this post soon with my config's example (I'm not at home right now) but at least then you can see the right format.

Something else I noticed in your config is that you're not using any ATi Framebuffers! You need to at least APPLY the framebuffer that you patched.

Follow this guide for more patching details: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/303186-how-to-modification-of-amd-fb-clover-injection/

Hope I could help,

- Matt

I'm using BIOS motherboard - Gigabyte G1.Sniper (1st gen with LGA1150 socket)

I forgot to write. When i connect second display after logging in it works
I tried to set everything like in instruction as you mentonied but it doesn't work. I guess that I made mistake in clover or in framebuffer hex creation.
I will wait for your update :)

It's good to know that your second display works after login. I didn't bother to fix that issue on my machine, I just plug it in after log in and be done with it. Also, the Gigabyte G1.Sniper with the 1150 socket DOES use UEFI. I think it's a hybrid BIOS actually. My Z87X-UD3H is the same gen as yours and it uses UEFI. Anyway, if the display works when plugging it in after login I would just leave it that way and unplug when starting up, plugging it in again after boot.

- Matt

Sorry, my mistake. With 1366 socket. I build this PC couple of years ago, so I don't remember what's inside. Here is the link to gigabyte website http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3760#ov

Going back to dual screen discussion. Anyone has other solution or can look ar my clover config? Connecting second screen after logging in is very annoying.

Sorry mate, I can't help you anymore. I just deal with the screen after logging in. It isn't a big problem, and at least having the display work at all is good enough for me. It would have been nice though if I could've just turned off the display instead of plugging it in, but that doesn't work.

Best Regards,

- Matt

Sorry, my mistake. With 1366 socket. I build this PC couple of years ago, so I don't remember what's inside. Here is the link to gigabyte website http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3760#ov

Going back to dual screen discussion. Anyone has other solution or can look ar my clover config? Connecting second screen after logging in is very annoying.

Turn on the iGPU in your BIOS, set it to Primary (You'll get a blind boot). Now you have two options: first you can connect both displays to your Radeon, second you can connect one to Radeon and second to iGPU (you'll see boot messages on this screen). Either way multi-display should be working.