Install problems on Asus Sabertooth x79. Totally lost where to start

12 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm pretty new to osx. back in the days i've installed osx on pc hardware, but it's long ago.

Now i want to install it on my existing computer.

Specs: Asus Sabertooth X79, Intel i7-3960X, Ati Radeon Sapphire TRI-X R9 290, Intel 520 SSD.

No matter what i've tried, it ends without luck.

Made a usb install drive on PC with transmac (yosemite and el capitan tried both)

used differend boot args/flags. dart=0, cpus=1 npci=0x2000,usbbusfix=yes, rootless=0 in different order and combinations

It hangs at PCI Configuration begin or Still waiting for root device.

is my hardware incompatible?

I want to use OSX to play with Logic X.

I wouldn't mind to buy a new mainboard or videocard, but i like my cpu, because i use it for photoshop and rendering.

Any ideas, or can someone help me out here?

Thanks a lot.

Hi, 

I got x79 and can help you. 

I suggest you get OS X on VM, then make a clover USB on it. Then send me your EFI, and I'll modify it. Just upload your EFI here later through dropbox, zip it into another folder. 

Hi, 

I got x79 and can help you. 

I suggest you get OS X on VM, then make a clover USB on it. Then send me your EFI, and I'll modify it. Just upload your EFI here later through dropbox, zip it into another folder. 

Thanks for you're reply. have a good guide/tut how to make a clover USB? allready got osx on workstation.

Edited by Allan
post unquoted

No need to do them. put your EFI in a folder compress it and upload it it to dropbox and link it. I'll change it. 

Thanks.  but what need to be done with efi? I'm glad you want to help, but also like to know what ;)

Thanks.  but what need to be done with efi? I'm glad you want to help, but also like to know what ;)

Sure. I'm happy you're one of those users who actually want to do something and not just sit and relax. Though the process might be complicated for a new beginner. I'll tell you. 

Make a config.plist with Mac Pro 6.1 SMBIOS, and with USB dsdt fix. You need FakeSMC in 10.11 and you need HFSplus in drivers64UEFI, replaces it with Vbox. 

Sure. I'm happy you're one of those users who actually want to do something and not just sit and relax. Though the process might be complicated for a new beginner. I'll tell you. 

Make a config.plist with Mac Pro 6.1 SMBIOS, and with USB dsdt fix. You need FakeSMC in 10.11 and you need HFSplus in drivers64UEFI, replaces it with Vbox. 

I've edited config.plist with clover configurator. see attachment and saved it to EFI - Clover

5sPmqsW.png

FakeSMC.kext are in 10.10 and in 10.11 folder of EFI - Clover - kexts

xSuNXYG.png

how to do USB dsdt fix and HFSplus in drivers64UEFI, replaces it with Vbox.

anything i forgot or did wrong?

You need to get HFSplus-64, and make your config specifically. 

thanks i've send you a PB.

Should i copy HFSPlus.efi to EFI - Clover - drivers64UEFI and delete VBOXHfs-64.efi? and what do you mean by and make your config specifically.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm at the point of give up. :(

The Yosemite installs but when rebooting after first logon, i get the logon screen and after password the spinning wheel/ball is spinning, nothing happens. when boot and press spacebar and select safe or without kext it hangs at IOGraphics flags 0x43

Also tried to make a El Capitan usb from the tut, but this end with a black screen with scrambled white text.

my specs: Asus Sabertooth X79, Intel i7-3960X, Ati Radeon Sapphire TRI-X R9 290, Intel 520 SSD

do i have the wrong hardware....?